Border stamp mess up

I have just notice my last stamp at the border was only for 30 days. I am on a non o visa and have always been given 90 days before. I believe i am supposed to get 90 days every time. Is it possible to get the stay extended at immigration, or do I need to leave the country again (with all the hassles). Has anybody had any experience of this?

Thanks for any input

You would get 90 days provided you have a still valid multiple non-immigrant visa. Check that first.

If they made a mistake you can have the stamp corrected at immigration. BKK has a special desk for this, if not in BKK they might require you to go to the actual border to have it corrected there.

If they stamp it, check it the same time. They can make mistakes,

but they will correct it the same time.

Yep, it all seems so logical now. Exactly what my misses said to me. After 13 with no hitch i think I just thought.............

I had the same problem. I when to the ministry of immigration with my lawyer and first got the 1 month tourist stamp corrected and my 3 month non-I B visa stamped with my original arrival date. Then had new photos taken and went back to the same number queue and paid for and received a multiple entry visa, just in case I need to travel prior to receiving my 1 year visa. It took under two hours, just finished before all the protesters were due to arrive...

I had the same problem. I when to the ministry of immigration with my lawyer and first got the 1 month tourist stamp corrected and my 3 month non-I B visa stamped with my original arrival date. Then had new photos taken and went back to the same number queue and paid for and received a multiple entry visa, just in case I need to travel prior to receiving my 1 year visa. It took under two hours, just finished before all the protesters were due to arrive...

You got a Multiple Re-Entry Permit, this means that if/when you leave Thailand during the duration of your current 90 day non 'b' stamp that this 'Admitted Until' date will be preserved on your new entry stamp when you re-enter Thailand at any times up this date.

It's not a multiple entry visa, it and does not get you any more time on re-entry, it just allows you to re-enter Thailand whilst preserving the 'Admitted Until' date.

Yeppers. I wasn't looking for nor expecting any extension of the 3 month B visa. Just the ability to leave and re-enter during the thee month period the 3 month visa was valid for. The officer not stamping the 3 month visa correctly upon entry didn't extend anything, they modified the tourist visa stamp at the ministry and backdate stamped my 3 mo visa. It would have been easier if it was done correctly at Suvarnabhumi in the first place but at least is all sorted now.

Lesson learned is, always check your stamp before you leave the immigration window.

You got a Multiple Re-Entry Permit, this means that if/when you leave Thailand during the duration of your current 90 day non 'b' stamp that this 'Admitted Until' date will be preserved on your new entry stamp when you re-enter Thailand at any times up this date.

It's not a multiple entry visa, it and does not get you any more time on re-entry, it just allows you to re-enter Thailand whilst preserving the 'Admitted Until' date.