Condo investment: bkk/pats/phuket

With this budget you won't be able to buy much if anything at all, a decent, livable place

anywhere now days will cost you 3 mill and up, for 1-2 mill there are only very rundown

in the boondock kind of place,

having said that, I will PM you a message with an idea,

• Like 1

Buying low does NOT necessarily give you a good deal ! You must be prepared to hold for 10 years and like it , ie like the area check out if owners are happy in complex , lots of ingredients to have good investment .Pattaya has tons of condos , so you must be vy careful if you decide to rent it so as it is popular where decent rents can be achieved .... God luck

some people on here do talk a load of <deleted>..there are plenty of NEW condos available for 1-2 m Baht in Tourist areas (exc BKK) ..just today I saw a brand new Condo development (almost finnished) in Ao Nang for 1.5m baht... 200 mtr from the beach

Phuket is over priced and pattaya can be difficult to re-sell ..Hua Hin is a good choice if you like driving

• Like 1

some people on here do talk a load of <deleted>..there are plenty of NEW condos available for 1-2 m Baht in Tourist areas (exc BKK) ..just today I saw a brand new Condo development (almost finnished) in Ao Nang for 1.5m baht... 200 mtr from the beach

Phuket is over priced and pattaya can be difficult to re-sell ..Hua Hin is a good choice if you like driving

You need to learn difference between condo and studio apartment. Calling little crib a condo just to justify being cheap ass is another story.

• Like 1

Mike---get ahead of the crowd---go look at Ban Chang

Ban Chang---Village of Elephants, condos for that price on the water (no not across the road on the water) 30-40- minutes from Pattaya 90 minutes from BKK. Don't look at some of the over priced real estate adds---go there and look....lovely village ...walk along the empty beaches, eat with the locals there at night----you would think you were 1,000 KLms from BKK.

PM me if you want I know the area well---can tell you where to look, --your be over 1 mill but under 2mill for 2 rooms.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

Mike---get ahead of the crowd---go look at Ban Chang

Ban Chang---Village of Elephants, condos for that price on the water (no not across the road on the water) 30-40- minutes from Pattaya 90 minutes from BKK. Don't look at some of the over priced real estate adds---go there and look....lovely village ...walk along the empty beaches, eat with the locals there at night----you would think you were 1,000 KLms from BKK.

PM me if you want I know the area well---can tell you where to look, --your be over 1 mill but under 2mill for 2 rooms.

Thai language police alert

Ban Chang does not mean Village of Elephants.

Leave you to find out what it really means

I wanted to buy a condo right on the. Ocean in pattaya .it was anice size and large balcony I loved it but it was all tied up with thai owners who , among other things didnt pay dues so building was being not maintained and even foreclosures were very complicated and association was crippled ! So i had to take a hard look at this and came to the conclusion if you have to partner up this way SCREW IT .... I am sure there are good buildings , but you had better have Good intel to insure Bin Ladens relatives aren't the owner of several floors .lol that is abit extreme however , let the buyer bewarepost-167617-0-20213300-1385017447.jpg

Edited by Wimbledon

have you every own a condo? biggest problem is condo associations- but it is especially a problem here because thai's do not have a lot of experience with fair management , financial, leadership skills which can lead to a bankrupt condo association not good. and it will happen during a market turn down when people can not service there monthly maintenance bills, can not sell their condo, or just walk away in a down market.and leave the assoc to carry those empty and unsold condos. you notice the quality of construction here not very good talking about is lasting 40 or 50 years . no that is why you see the thai's play hot potato buy it Filip it because it wont last more than 15 years before major maintenance needed, that the condo assoc passes on to the owners

• Like 1

Not sure about condo has investment my friend bought one in Hyde park studio 65 square meter

6 years ago

He's lucky to get 10,000 bht per month

Ecuador tennents go through comers electrical items etc

He paid 3,5 million

For it

Now selling it fir 2,8

That's my best advise from experience

He's asked me to see it

Don't do it !!!!

I have about 2 dozen small at one location that I bought for about 550,000 each.

I started slowly with only 2 and built this up over the past 10 years.

I'm financially conservative and was almost forced into it because bank interest got so low and I didn't want to continue to play stock markets knowing that insiders and high frequency trades make most gains.

My rents give me around 10% return per year. It beats work.

If you are interested in doing something like this, send me a private message.

• Like 2

With this budget you won't be able to buy much if anything at all, a decent, livable place

anywhere now days will cost you 3 mill and up, for 1-2 mill there are only very rundown

in the boondock kind of place,

In Bangkok and Phuket, maybe. Not in Pattaya though.

Thai language police alert

Ban Chang does not mean Village of Elephants.

Leave you to find out what it really means

Please let it mean "village of beer".

Of course it means village of beer!

Actually one cannot tell without some tonal hint. Mid tone ban would mean "few" + elephants. Lo tonal ban would mean "slash" or "cut-up." A falling tone on ban would imply "home of," or domesticated + elephants. And baan would imply a place to care for or look after + elephants. And certainly I'll accept any corrections as I'm no expert...

One version of ban (baan--I think, but am not sure) does mean "flat liquor bottle," so maybe it means elephant sized liquor bottles abound here.

Edited by jsflynn603
  • Like 1

VT1 Jomtien, in price range, only THB 6,000 maitenance fes p.a, great loction, will always rent uot, aprox 8/9% return.

I bought at View Talay 1 some 7 + years ago - not for investment - but love the 6,000 bt per year maintenance fee. the pool is really nice. Its a budget location that works out nice for me.

I wouldn't say many are getting much of a return - but I like the low cost.

I'd live in a place before I bought. VT 1 is a community. Good security too.

You get 1,000 owners paying 6,000 bt per year and it adds up.

Not for everyone - but similar to what I'm used to in Hawaii.

Heck - I lived in the dorms at University and enjoyed it.