Redshirt protester 'stabbed' as he leaves rally

webfact

Redshirt Protester 'Stabbed' As He Leaves Rally
By Khaosod Online

red.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Redshirt protester has pressed charges against unknown individual who reportedly stabbed him as he left the mass Redshirts rally last night in eastern Bangkok.

The Redshirts have been holding an overnight rally in the Rajamangala Stadium to show their support for the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Mr. Prapan Dang-aram, 60, said he was walking toward a bus stop in Soi Ramkhamhaeng 53 when he walked past a young polytechnic student. However, shortly afterwards the man rushed toward Mr. Prapan and attacked him without any provocation, according to Mr. Prapan.

Mr. Prapan said he was stabbed by a piece of sharp iron at his cheek and right thigh and slammed to the ground before the assailant fled the scene. He later reported the incident to policemen at nearby police checkpoint who brought him to hospital.

He added that he was wearing a red shirt at the time of the attack, but police officers said it was still too early to indicate whether the attack was a political hate crime.

Earlier this afternoon, another violent incident occurred the barrier line of riot police facing the anti-government protesters on Makawan Bridge, which links Ratchadamnoen Avenue with the governmental district where Government House is located, when an unidentified type of explosive device was thrown at the police.

The bomb was caught in the barrier net, but its effect has wounded three police officers nearby.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5Ea3pPVEU1TVE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-20

poor chap.

there is really no place for this type of behaviour in society.

you'd have to point the finger at people who are allowed to set a bad example and get away with it

You sound prodigious. Those are some strikingly deep and profound thoughts. Thanks think tank.

Edited by gemini81

poor chap.

you'd have to point the finger at people who are allowed to set a bad example and get away with it

I agree with some of your postings and some not, But Moruya, c'mon just point the finger at the people that stabbed the elderly gentleman and the bomb throwing fool's, and these are the ( so-called ) people with intellect I read by so many here on TV, I'm not convinced.

What ever happened to the Thais holding the older generation in high regard and respect?

Uni student with sharp metal object and an axe to grind V elderly man on his way too the bus.

poor chap.

I agree with some of your postings and some not, But Moruya, c'mon just point the finger at the people that stabbed the elderly gentleman and the bomb throwing fool's, and these are the ( so-called ) people with intellect I read by so many here on TV, I'm not convinced.

What ever happened to the Thais holding the older generation in high regard and respect?

Uni student with sharp metal object and an axe to grind V elderly man on his way too the bus.

You're right - it was a poor post

My mind was still full of glee that the bandits got some comeuppance.

The point I was trying to make is that the issues of violence during both sets of demonstrations, largely minor affairs, were all involving youths.

The inter school violence is another breeding ground

Previous demonstrations have been very similar to football hooliganism - pick a colour and fight. Sets a poor example

In terms of justice, some will look at Chalerm's sons, some will look at Red Bull man, some will look at Tarit

Where can today's youth see real justice in Thailand?

I despair.

• Like 1

poor chap.

History, democracy, and now to the list of things you seem not to know about Vocational school students in BKK.

First, there is no suspect. Second, no stated connection with any other group, and third no Voc school kids wear uniforms late at night ... Far better chance that it was a random delinquent or due to the location a student from RU .... but voc school students are easy targets since (like the reds) people know that many of them are violent.

poor chap.

History, democracy, and now to the list of things you seem not to know about Vocational school students in BKK.

First, there is no suspect. Second, no stated connection with any other group, and third no Voc school kids wear uniforms late at night ... Far better chance that it was a random delinquent or due to the location a student from RU .... but voc school students are easy targets since (like the reds) people know that many of them are violent.

OK my apologies, I should have said a student, not a uni student, fair enough? MY BAD!

now jdinasia, you seem to have a larger problem with the subscription of the place of learning of the said student instead of the stabbing of the elderly gentleman, IMHO CHECK YOUR SELF MATE, which is the greater trespass here, The stabbing of a man OR the school that the student attends?

I'm sorry I'm no DR. of history, democracy, and WOE betide me, The various Vocational school students in BKK,

Again jdinasia, what is important here??? get a grip mate...w00t.gif

So the possiblities:

1. The young idiot politechnic student was from the yellow dirty lot, and was enough to see the red shirt for life dangerous attack.

2. The young idiot politechnic student was from the red dirty lot, and he wanted to take the suspicion to the yellow dirty lot about attacking.

3. The young idiot politechnic student is with out any political thinking, just dumb idiot to attack an old man with out any reason.

4. The young idiot politechnic student is a covered agent and has got a secret mission to break out the war between the yellow and red dirty lots.

5. The young idiot politechnic student has lost his glasses and only wanted to make a normal daily strret fight, but hi was mistaken about the actor.

6. The young idiot politechnic student hates so much the Manchester United, cause fond of Chelsea, and this red shirt was enough to attack.

7. The young idiot politechnic student was a bull in Spain in his before life, and the red .....

By the way the most important parameter this: .... young idiot .......

poor chap.

OK my apologies, I should have said a student, not a uni student, fair enough? MY BAD!

now jdinasia, you seem to have a larger problem with the subscription of the place of learning of the said student instead of the stabbing of the elderly gentleman, IMHO CHECK YOUR SELF MATE, which is the greater trespass here, The stabbing of a man OR the school that the student attends?

I'm sorry I'm no DR. of history, democracy, and WOE betide me, The various Vocational school students in BKK,

Again jdinasia, what is important here??? get a grip mate...w00t.gif

Since apparently nothing was said to the victim, the issue is the story and not the (possibly) random act of violence. Are you asking for me to speak out against violence? I do so regularly, but in this case I was addressing a post and speaking out against ignorance.. You regularly get it wrong with history, and you miss the mark with democracy, and this time you missed it with your knowledge base about education. --- after all you are the one that said " and these are the ( so-called ) people with intellect I read by so many here on TV, I'm not convinced." ----

Nice guys, these students who joined the Dems' protest blink.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More trolling? Did you read the story? It has nothing to do with the Dems .or apparently even any rally other than the victim is purported to have just left the Stadium where the reds were.

If you were aware of the Stedents group rally which is a long way away from the stadium, you would know that the people there were Uni students and not (as this story suggests of the perpetrator of this attack) Vocational students,

Why don't you Google "vocational students" and "Dems protest" and see what you find... I know that you prefer to associate the gentle and peaceful protests of the Dems aimed at overthrowing an elected government with highly educated people and university students, but reality might shock you then.

To be honest, I was also very surprised to read that it was vocational students who rallied with the Dems. These students have a history of violent brawls. Vocational students also come from less wealthy background. Why would they rally with the Dems. I won't say that they were paid, but it was also mentioned a few times.

One of these students may have been on the lose and stabbed that poor man.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Nice guys, these students who joined the Dems' protest blink.png

More trolling? Did you read the story? It has nothing to do with the Dems .or apparently even any rally other than the victim is purported to have just left the Stadium where the reds were.

If you were aware of the Stedents group rally which is a long way away from the stadium, you would know that the people there were Uni students and not (as this story suggests of the perpetrator of this attack) Vocational students,

Why don't you Google "vocational students" and "Dems protest" and see what you find... I know that you prefer to associate the gentle and peaceful protests of the Dems aimed at overthrowing an elected government with highly educated people and university students, but reality might shock you then.

To be honest, I was also very surprised to read that it was vocational students who rallied with the Dems. These students have a history of violent brawls. Vocational students also come from less wealthy background. Why would they rally with the Dems. I won't say that they were paid, but it was also mentioned a few times.

Vocational students also come from less wealthy background. Why would they rally with the Dems.

Let me make a wild guess.

Because they have an education and see things the way they really are ?

jdinasia, I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought you were taking the P*ss! but it seems your actually serious, who'd 'a thunk it..blink.png

Again you are far more interested in having a crack at me and a three letter abbreviation ( uni ) in my original post rather than the issue in the news story of an elderly gentleman being stabbed twice and thrown too the ground by a (Polytechnic STUDENT).

I hope this fool (Polytechnic student) will soon be caught, photographed with fingers pointing, publicly named and shamed, regardless of his age, and be made to pay for his violent crime, adult crime adult time.

Nice guys, these students who joined the Dems' protest Posted Image

Vocational students also come from less wealthy background. Why would they rally with the Dems.

Let me make a wild guess.

Because they have an education and see things the way they really are ?

Maybe.

Or maybe they were just looking forward to a new type of confrontation.

Or maybe they were just told lies and naively joined the Dems protest.

Or maybe they were just willing to skip classes.

Or maybe they were a bit short of money...

If you take wild guesses there can be several answers...

In any case, they were vocational students. Not highly educated university students (who wisely kept away from the Dems).

• Like 1

Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) as well as with the PAD-- were where the Voc students were -- some left to move to the rally led by Suthep very recently (yesterday) and they have found a not so warm welcome there as well. Gerry, you just can't get it right. So far there has been no connection with the rallies on Rachadamnoen and the attack on the old guy that said he was leaving the rally at the stadium.

There are a large number of Uni students that move back and forth from Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) and the Democracy monument site depending on who is speaking.

Your assertions like lies do better in darkness than in light. Gerry.

• Like 1

Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) as well as with the PAD-- were where the Voc students were -- some left to move to the rally led by Suthep very recently (yesterday) and they have found a not so warm welcome there as well. Gerry, you just can't get it right. So far there has been no connection with the rallies on Rachadamnoen and the attack on the old guy that said he was leaving the rally at the stadium.

There are a large number of Uni students that move back and forth from Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) and the Democracy monument site depending on who is speaking.

jdinasia

Once again you have exposed your narcissistic comments here as being far more interested in negatively commenting on peoples post's and not offering any concern for the victim or any possible actions that could be taken for this crime on the elderly gentle man viscously attacked by a (student). such as more cctv units around the area and police.

I know just what would do better left in the dark. jdinasia.w00t.gif

jdinasia

Once again you have exposed your narcissistic comments here as being far more interested in negatively commenting on peoples post's and not offering any concern for the victim or any possible actions that could be taken for this crime on the elderly gentle man viscously attacked by a (student). such as more cctv units around the area and police.

I know just what would do better left in the dark. jdinasia.w00t.gif

Having already had to block you from PM's... you continue to make this out to be a story other than is reported in the OP.

Feel free to comment on every single violent attack in BKK, but the OP makes no significant statement of who the perp was ... nor has there been any follow up.

You earlier in this thread admit to a lack of knowledge regarding 1) Democracy, 2) History, or the difference between Vocational school students and Uni students ....

On top of that you connected "bomb throwing" to the OP ... (not present in the OP)

and have made this about anything BUT the original post ....

I understand that people with deep feelings about topics often feel a need to comment ....

but being informed is far different than having an opinion... please take the time to read up on topics ...