how much max can u take from Amex card from Atm?

I have an American Express that is tied to an account i have .., I would like to take out a big chunk of change but dont know what banks ATM would have a max amt or restrictions . I hardly have used ATMs ,so i am very naive about this...so if anyone qualified to assist , give me the blunt dumb keep it simple helping hand thanks also if they reccomend a better way i am all for that

Different Amex rules depending on where it is issued, type of card (green, gold, platinum) and to a lesser extent, how long you have been a customer.

I think my 'published' limit is the equivalent £5000 maximum over 21-days but a lot of ATM's in Thailand are 'capped' at a maximum of 15,000 baht per extraction regardless of what the Amex issuer permits.

As stated, best to go to a bank with passport and do it the slow-hand way. Once again, what you get told by your Amex issuer may not be the same as the bank permits so good to have your phone with you and Amex issuer customer service number. Going to the Amex office may give you the exact answer on what limits prevail but do they actually give you cash? Their old office in Siam Square (I know, years and years ago) used to give you travelers checks only.

The banks over here are not a problem. My U.S. Bank limits me to 18000 baht per day.... If I need more on a particular day, I would have to Wire. Right now, by the way, Western Union as a no fee special if you happen to be traveling to the Philippines.... HAIYANRELIEF is the code. Can do online, and can often pick the amount up in USD. This is not related to the OP, but is good info, if you do plan on going there.

• Like 1

Most ATMs in Thailand will let you withdraw 20 000baht twice per day with a foreign card.

If you need more then that you will have to go into the bank and do it over the counter. There it all depends on the specific restrictions on your card. I wouldn't recommend withdrawing large amounts on an AMEX card as they normally have a very high fee for cash withdrawels.

As stated previously the limit will depend on your personal limit your own bank applies. The normal limit at a Thai ATM is 20,000 baht however the Bank of Auattuti (sic)

(it's the one with the yellow banner) will allow 30,000 baht per transaction. If your card allows a higher withdrawal per day you can use another machine to get more.

Of course if you don't have a safe to put the money in, I would take care.

Different Amex rules depending on where it is issued, type of card (green, gold, platinum) and to a lesser extent, how long you have been a customer.

I think my 'published' limit is the equivalent £5000 maximum over 21-days but a lot of ATM's in Thailand are 'capped' at a maximum of 15,000 baht per extraction regardless of what the Amex issuer permits.

As stated, best to go to a bank with passport and do it the slow-hand way. Once again, what you get told by your Amex issuer may not be the same as the bank permits so good to have your phone with you and Amex issuer customer service number. Going to the Amex office may give you the exact answer on what limits prevail but do they actually give you cash? Their old office in Siam Square (I know, years and years ago) used to give you travelers checks only.

I think it's 20,000 baht

I think it's 20,000 baht

Possibly... but it's not a universal. I saw an ATM at a Bangkok Bank mall outlet that had a placard saying the limit was 15,000 baht.

I think it's 20,000 baht

Possibly... but it's not a universal. I saw an ATM at a Bangkok Bank mall outlet that had a placard saying the limit was 15,000 baht.

I don't know if this helps... cash advance limit is 20% of credit limit on Am Ex Blue. This info is on statements... easy to find.