they say they will come but....

infinity11

I was expecting air conditioning repair guys to come out last weekend. Waited Saturday then Sunday and nothing. Frustrating but have been here long enough to not be surprised and will just find another shop to do the job. Their loss for a potential long term customer with 5 AC units to look over.

I'm assuming that is what this topic is about. If not, never mind. biggrin.png

• Like 2

The long and boring story of the ill-fated kitchen ceiling comes to mind. Three years since a big rainstorm and still I wait for two square metres to be fixed.

Then there's the bathroom re-fit. Seems we're now into four years of the infinite waiting list.

Internet took a decade. Yes, a decade.

Want a new bed made? That'll be next year then.

It's when the poo vacuum truck stops coming I'm going to be worried.

Maybe they come maybe they don't 'up to them'. Just relax, go with the flow.

Especially if you need something repaired, or have a written (partly paid) agreement, or bought it (still awaiting delivery), right?

Maybe easy from the boy's bed room somewhere in Ohio.

wink.png

Not so when living here.

• Like 1

Once they got the money from the original job, full of promises but no chance of them comng back, no money in guarantee work, always too busy, always try next week, have bigj job come later til in the end you just go somewhere else.

Thais seem to have no idea or care about repeat business, its the money today , sod tomorrow !

I just dont believe in any assurances or guarantees anymore, and budget accordingly.

• Like 1

Once they got the money from the original job, full of promises but no chance of them comng back, no money in guarantee work, always too busy, always try next week, have bigj job come later til in the end you just go somewhere else.

Thais seem to have no idea or care about repeat business, its the money today , sod tomorrow !

I just dont believe in any assurances or guarantees anymore, and budget accordingly.

I know I leave myself wide open with this, but since adopting the following all the above has disappeared.

I deal with only, Muslims, Chinese and Southereners, by personal introduction, no money paid upfront.

The above are the only ones I deal with these days, either by personal introduction or recommendation.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses.

I was neither referring to nor expecting so many responses in regard to business transactions though i am not disappointed by this.

How is the fact that this also happens so often in regards to casual or friendship meetings any different?

Better, worse, the same?

Any insights?

To persuade them to actually follow through i find it helpful to call repeatedly until they show or stop answering the phone.

Never ever pay upfront for anything ,surprising how it focuses their minds.

Not everybody are able to carry or transport everything they purchase?

Big TV's air con units, king size bed, huge book shelves, electrical or mechanical equipment, the list goes on.

Most of these items are paid for when they are purchased, then promised to be delivered.

I know I leave myself wide open with this, but since adopting the following all the above has disappeared.

I deal with only, Muslims, Chinese and Southereners, by personal introduction, no money paid upfront.

The above are the only ones I deal with these days, either by personal introduction or recommendation.

I agree that the Chinese-Thai types seem to be more reliable and have better English, so are easier to deal with. Still, they have long way to go if comparing to people back home.

Personally, I just lowered my expectations to close to zero - that way I limit the disappointments and I don't get angry as I used to. Just think you are dealing with children, it helps.