Sun Tanning Salons in Bangkok: do you know any?

LisaMaria

I too have been looking for tanning salons recently but have been unable to find any, people often look at you strange but for me its great for my small patches of psoriasis that the sun just can't get to, also many people like to have a full body tan and don't want to be arrested by stripping off naked in Lumpini park. So, not such a daft question after all, if you find what you are looking for I would be interested.

• 10 months later...

Put that on the list of failed business models.

Thai people don't want tans ever.

True. However, foreign tourists who come here and find every day overcast and/or wet during the rainy season might want to use a sunbed. It's not inconceivable that a hotel spa might have one for foreigners.

one tanning salon in Bangkok I have read about, is Bangkok Sun Tanning Studio in Phrom Phong or Siam Square area I think...try www.bkksun.com

We know how to use Google. Why do people bother responding with unhelpful answers like this? Did you even check your link? No further info there. However......

http://www.whois.com/whois/bkksun.com

Creation Date: 2009-05-23

Obviously a dead website. Nothing for five years.

I find this at TV at lot. Someone asks a question about something, seeking answers from someone with actual experience and knowledge, and TV veterans do random Google searches and post their results, thinking they're "helping". Is it just to get your post counts up?

Put that on the list of failed business models.

Thai people don't want tans ever.

True. However, foreign tourists who come here and find every day overcast and/or wet during the rainy season might want to use a sunbed. It's not inconceivable that a hotel spa might have one for foreigners.

one tanning salon in Bangkok I have read about, is Bangkok Sun Tanning Studio in Phrom Phong or Siam Square area I think...try www.bkksun.com

We know how to use Google. Why do people bother responding with unhelpful answers like this? Did you even check your link? No further info there. However......

http://www.whois.com/whois/bkksun.com

Creation Date: 2009-05-23

Obviously a dead website. Nothing for five years.

I find this at TV at lot. Someone asks a question about something, seeking answers from someone with actual experience and knowledge, and TV veterans do random Google searches and post their results, thinking they're "helping". Is it just to get your post counts up?

To be fair, you were the one who bumped a topic that had been dead for around eleven months with the equally unhelpful answer that 'perhaps' a spa might have one in some hotel in Bangkok. I mean, I can understand bumping a topic like that if you'd actually found a tanning salon, but to bump with speculation and no info at all... isit just to get your post count up? ;)

• Like 1

Next to the fur coat shop !

I know that this thread is almost a year old but it's very strange that someone with the maturity and credibility (?) associated with being a ThaiVisa moderator would have wanted to ridicule a genuine poster's question. But, then, maybe not...

Edited by Triplebank999

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As stated. This is a dead thread. Someone resurrected it, should have looked at starting date.

I was looking for a place with a sunbed myself, and found this relevant discussion at TV. It's only from 2013, and thought perhaps someone had had luck in 2014, perhaps at a hotel catering for foreign tourists who like to tan. Why start a new separate thread about an identical subject? Some threads about sunbeds go back to 2007 or before by comparison.

(YES we know know THAIS don't like to tan. We're not talking about THAIS, so no more snarky irrelevant comments about "failed business model" etc.)

Not trying to promote anything but the solarium and salon is located at Emporium Suites.

Nope. Again, you're not helping by doing random Google searches. I actually already thought of using a search engine! You didn't know for a fact or from experience whether this place had a sunbed. Yes, there are lots of mentions on various hotel and travel websites about "Solarium and tanning salon" at Emporium Suites. However, I actually went there last night to their associated Thann Sanctuary on 7th floor next to their fitness room and asked. "Solarium? Mai mee ka." Do they know any hotels that might have them for "falang" (*cringe*) who like to tan? "Mai saap ka."

(Can chronic time-wasters and search engine keyboard warriors just go somewhere else? You're not helping!)