Criminal Report for retirement visa

i will be applying for a non immigrant visa to ultimatly get a retirement visa. i understand that i need a criminal report for both. with one from thailand and one from my home country. the USA. the one from thailand will be easy since that is where i am. but how do i get one from the states. without actually having to go there. does any one know

thanks for your help

joe

This is my experience ;

Through internet I went to my old home town in Holland (I left in 1998).

Request for a (in English language) report of good behaviour ,as it is called in Holland.

They sent it by courier to Indonesia (my residence).

The costs I payed by internet banking.

All took 3 weeks.(I just received the document yesterday!)

Now I will let the Dutch embassy certify and ready is another document for my next retirement.

Hope you can do something like that in the USA.

The Chiangmai immagration office doesnot require criminal report just medical certificate and proof of funds  I belive you only need one if you apply for visa outside Thailand

PHIL

Same experience as above in Bangkok. No one has ever asked for it and I never bothered to try and get one after they told me that I didn't need it on my initial visit with Imm re the retirement visa.

i will be applying for a non immigrant visa to ultimatly get a retirement visa. i understand that i need a criminal report for both. with one from thailand and one from my home country. the USA. the one from thailand will be easy since that is where i am. but how do i get one from the states. without actually having to go there. does any one know

thanks for your help

joe

You won't need any certificate at all from anywhere until you seek residency ( if you ever do )

If you ever need a police report from US go to US embassy and ask for the form on police checks. They will give you a poop sheet and finger print card which you must go to a local Thai police station for them to finger print you that in hand you send to the FBI national records check along with $18.00 money order. In 3 to 4 weeks you will be sent the report.

No criminal report asked for if you apply for the 1 year 'OA' in Thailand and have the 90 day 'O' in your passport. In my case Pattaya.

Just the usual application form, bank letter for over K 800, plus basic medical form and photos. Seems to be a much simpler operation if you do it here as opposed to your own country.

Took me 25 minutes all up.

Naka.

No criminal report asked for if you apply for the 1 year 'OA' in Thailand and have the 90 day 'O' in your passport. In my case Pattaya.

Just the usual application form, bank letter for over K 800, plus basic medical form and photos. Seems to be a much simpler operation if you do it here as opposed to your own country.

Took me 25 minutes all up.

Naka.

That'd be a 90 day O ...an O-A is granted abroad and the holder is granted a one year stay on arrival in Thailand. Maybe you are talking about a one year extension of an O visa done in Thailand. No police clearance is needed for that.

For a 1 year retirement visa extension all you need are each of the following plus 2 copies of each.

Your bank passbook, a bank statement (costs about 100B), a letter certifying the balance in the bank book and on the bank statement (costs another 200B) (the minimum amount they are looking for is 800,000B), a medical statement (costs 80B in Phuket: the doctor waves a stethoscope over your T shirt as you are paying the cashier), 2 photos.

I have had a number of 1 year extensions both retirement and married to a Thai type, and no-one has ever asked me for a criminal record or anything like that. All you need when you arrive in Thailand is a Non-Immigrant O, A or B type visa. This initial visa is extended here in Thailand for a maximum of 1 year.

I'm going for my Residency Permit interview this week. I had to get a Letter of Good Conduct from New Orleans, the last place of domicile. A friend did it for me and the NOPD were very helpful in issuing it. My friend mailed it to me and then I had to get it translated by the Interior Ministry. The Immgration Department doesn't really like anyone else to do the translation, that's my experience.

The NOPD statement that I had no crimnal record was never questioned nor was I ever asked to prove that that had been the last place I'd lived in the US.

As for the FBI report, when I turned in my paperwork for the Residency Permit, I had 3 sets of finger prints taken by the Immigration. I think they will do the FBI investigation themselves. I'm sure part of the huge application fee will cover it and may also explain why, if I DO get the permit, I'll have to wait until the end of the year before it's issued.