tourist visa questions

I have 2 questions regarding my tourist visa. The first is " How many days extension can you get if you go to immigration and pay 1900 baht"?. I always thought it was 30 but someone told me you only get around 7 days? The second question is a little complicated so I will try to explain as best as possible. My tourist visa is valid for 6 months and was issued on October 10,2013. I arrived in Thailand on November 6, 2013. I am planning on flying to Cambodia and will be departing on December 14,2013 and arriving in Siem Reap the same day. I will be flying back to Thailand on December 17, 2013. My second question is " do I count December 17 as the first day back in Thailand since I will be needing at some point to either depart the country again or go to immigration to extend my time in Thailand before I depart Thailand on March 6, 2014"?

Depending on how the Thai consulate counted, your double-entry visa is valid for two entries into Thailand until 09 or 10 APR.

With your arrival in Thailand on 06 NOV you used one entry. With your next arrival on 17 DEC you will use your second and last entry and will receive permission to stay until 14 FEB. Any time during the last three weeks before 14 FEB you go to the nearest immigration office and for a fee of 1,900 Baht you get an extension of stay until 16 MAR.

The seven-day extension you heard about is for tourists who arrive without a visa.

December 17 will be the first day. Immigration will stamp the date that you must exit by in your passport. That is the day by which you must exit Thailand or go to immigration and apply for a 30 day extension, 1900 baht.