Pension lump sum query

Eight days ago my pension provider told me they had sent my tax free lump sum to my bank (Bangkok Bank). It has not arrived yet and my bank dosn't know where it is and my pension provider, 2 days ago, said they would look into it... no reply yet.

So, if anyone has had their lump sum sent over to a Thai bank i'd be interested to know how long it usually takes as i'm getting quite anxious.

Yep as above, I'd ask for a copy of the transfer documents. The longest I've had to wait for an international wire transfer has been three business days. (mon-fri weekends don't count)

I've called city bank in New York at midnight thai time and had the funds in my SCB account by 3pm the following afternoon.

Eight days is definitely too long.

How did they send it? Wire transfer, check in the mail, etc?

Also, have you contacted Bangkok Bank to see if maybe it has arrived but they have it on hold for some reason like needing to talk to you first? Or maybe there was a name mismatch/typo between your Bangkok Bank account and the name your pension provider put on the wire transfer (if it was a wire transfer). If Bangkok Bank has received it, put it on hold for some reason, they won't post it to your account until that issue is cleared up...and if they can't contact you they will just send the wire transfer back.

Call Bangkok Bank...and you may have to call HQ Bangkok Bank if your local branch seem clueless.