one tree snake versus two tukkae

Stewpid Kynt

Thai caption: Friends don't abandon friends. So being humans don't let yourself be shamed by a jing-joke(lizard).

Its hilarious that the people filming it are actually trying to see if they can visualize a number from the shape of the snake's body so that they can use it to buy underground lottery tickets (huay). They said they saw the numbers 8,0 and 1 (thai script) . For those who are new to the LOS, thai's have been know to place bets according to the license plate numbers of vehicles involved in grisly accidents, numbers told to them by a ghost in their dreams, numbers obtained from the shape of candle wax floating in holy water and last but not least from anything perceived as ominous such as a snake trying to snack on a gecko. Anybody care to share their wives betting secrets?

(Sigh) we are such a superstitious bunch.

Edited by smileydude

BTW, where did this encounter take place?

On a ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Looked more like an outside wall to me...I think the videographer was speaking Thai so I guess Thailand.

The person is speaking Thai, at 10 seconds in you can clearly hear, "look at the tail, it cant breathe"

If you can read Thai script, you will notice the title is pretty cool as well.

Typical Thais they also decide to start discussing lottery numbers, seeing the fight as some kind of lucky omen. Looks to me like the snake the Thais call 'ngoo keow took geh' - a type of venomous viper.

We had a snake that looked just like that hanging around our patio for a few days. In the evenings I would see the Toakys checking out the snake. One morning I went outside and the snake was laying there dead with a bite mark on it. Next to it was the tail of a large Tokay. Looked like he Tokay got the best of the snake.

Thai caption: Friends don't abandon friends. So being humans don't let yourself be shamed by a jing-joke(lizard).

Its hilarious that the people filming it are actually trying to see if they can visualize a number from the shape of the snake's body so that they can use it to buy underground lottery tickets (huay). They said they saw the numbers 8,0 and 1 (thai script) . For those who are new to the LOS, thai's have been know to place bets according to the license plate numbers of vehicles involved in grisly accidents, numbers told to them by a ghost in their dreams, numbers obtained from the shape of candle wax floating in holy water and last but not least from anything perceived as ominous such as a snake trying to snack on a gecko. Anybody care to share their wives betting secrets?

(Sigh) we are such a superstitious bunch.

What you write is so true and funny...I did make out they were discussing the tokay's tail as I recognized the word "haang" but don't know enough Thai to know they were trying to divine lottery numbers from this life and death struggle between these 3 combatants. It is typical Thai behavior, however. My girlfriend once had a plant in a pot and like some knot of wood/bark appeared at the base of it and her and all the neighbors were trying to divine lottery numbers from the swirly shape of the knot.

Those Tokay's are nothing to mess with, I got bit by one in Laos not a fun experience (not dangerous but painful), think I'd rather take my chances with the Boa!

Tokay aren't a problem.

I used to have three around the house.

One adapted to hand feeding.

Now only have one.

They can however grow into very large specimens.

Imagine a two or three foot,Tokay.

I bet they eat allot of cockroaches and those large centipedes as well.

Those Tokay's are nothing to mess with, I got bit by one in Laos not a fun experience (not dangerous but painful), think I'd rather take my chances with the Boa!

Tokay aren't a problem.

I used to have three around the house.

One adapted to hand feeding.

Now only have one.

They can however grow into very large specimens.

Imagine a two or three foot,Tokay.

I bet they eat allot of cockroaches and those large centipedes as well.
Put it this way.

I never see roaches,or centipedes.

Plus have many tail less gecko.

The only issue with Tokay is they sh:-)t big.