Non O VISA

Ok what next?

I am currently on a 60 day extension on my 2nd entry tourist visa. Was granted a 60 extension based on staying in Thailand to care for my / out 6 month old daughter. .

So in January I will need to go somewhere to get a new visa to stay in Thailand and I think I have two options.

option 1 - is to go to vientian or Savankhet and apply for a double entry tourist visa

I hold a UK passport and have 1 tourist visa in my passport.

option 2 - I think,can I apply for a 90 day visa to visit Thailand to care for my/our daughter?

Is this possible

What are the requirements? paper work? to get the 90 day "non o"

Do I have to show money in the bank - at home or in Thailand

Can this 90 days be extende by 60 days at Chang Wattan? to give me 120 days?

How many times in a row can I go to Laos to get these 90 day "non o"

I am living with the babies mother and we are not married

Not interested in marriage now ... once bitten, twice shy

am 47 so a retirement visa is out

I stay in a condo that is rented in my name

GF works 60 - 70 hours a week as a nurse so no time now for ED Visa

Any hep, suggestions or guidance would be apprecaited

Thanks

LL

It is possible to get single a single entry non-o based upon having a Thai child. You would need her birth certificate and house book. No financial proof should be needed. With a 60 day extension in between visas there may not be a limit.

If you were to legitimize your parenthood you could get an extension or a multiple entry O visa. See this topic for info:

Yes I agree that a tourist visa is an easy option to get

but after getting it .. it means

2 days to get the original double entry

Then you gotta to to Wattana to extend it for 30 days

Then a whole days for a visa run

Then Baby GF and I all gotta go back to Wattana for a 60 extension.

I like the idea of 2 days to get a 90 day "non o" then 1 trip to Wattana to extend for 60 days and then do that 90 / 60 for as long as possible ... if possible

It is possible to get single a single entry non-o based upon having a Thai child. You would need her birth certificate and house book. No financial proof should be needed. With a 60 day extension in between visas there may not be a limit.

If you were to legitimize your parenthood you could get an extension or a multiple entry O visa. See this topic for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

Thanks Ubonjoe, that is an interesting read

and my questions becomes ...

if I marry the babies mother and become the legal father that way

Can I still apply for a Non O to to care for child?

Then can i extended that for a year at Wattana

Not interested in doing marriage visa as no desire to bring lump sum into Thailand

You could still apply for a non-O visa, but for the extension of stay the same requirements apply as to regarding an income of 40,000 baht a month OR 400,000 baht in a bank account.

For the visa no need to show a lump sum of money, only for an extension.

In general they will extend based on marriage, not the child as you are married to a Thai national. (The only difference is that based on marriage the 400,000 baht need to be seasoned for 2 months, if based on the child there is officially no need to season the money).

Financial requirements for marriage and having a Thai child is the same other than there is no 60 day money requirement. Also if married they will allow the extension for having a child.

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

Financial requirements for marriage and having a Thai child is the same other than there is no 60 day money requirement. Also if married they will allow the extension for having a child.

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

So I can go to Savankhet and apply for a mulitple entry Non O to care for daughter that is good for 12 months with out showing financials. This would mean I only have to do a border run every 90 days, as I have no desire to visit Wattana for extensions ????

Thanks for all you help

• 2 weeks later...

Quick follow up if i may ...

Had anyone been to Vientiane lately to get a Thai VISA of any sort?

Was wondering if the queues are still huge?

I last went there 18 months ago and the queues were in the hundreds ...

is this still the case? or has it tapered down

It would depend upon what day you are there. Mondays are the worst.

Also it helps if you can get there early. I suggest arriving in Vientiane the day before and be there when they open. Most of the crowd arrives later.

• 1 month later...

Hello Again

Heading to Vientiane in the morning to apply for first Non O - care for child - single entry

What form do I need to fill out to make this request?

Anyone know the link to the most current version that will be accepted in Vientiane that I can fill out and print it now?

Thanks again

LL