Submitted Visa Application At Irish Consulate Bangkok 27/11/13

Hi everybody,

My new wife submitted her visa application at the Irish Consulate in Bangkok on the 27/11/13, the visa she applied for is a Join EU spouse resident in Ireland, the visa is free as I am from the UK but living and working in Dublin.

In the Invitation letter I quoted that I was exercising my EU Treaty Rights for my wife to come and live with me.

The only documents that were required as advised by the EU Treaty Department in Dublin were:

1. Her passport.

2. Copy of my passport.

3, Marriage certificate original & translated.

4. Proof that I am resident in Ireland. I supplied a Pay Slip & Tax Credit notification.

In addition to the documents they requested, I also supplied these documents to show our relationship as we only got married yesterday:

5. Many western union transfer receipts.

6. Joint Thai Bank account.

My question is has anybody been through the same process with the Irish Consulate as me claiming EU Treaty Rights?

How long did they take to issue the visa as they are supposed to be issued promptly and take priority?

Thanks

As I've said before Paddy if you're Irish and you want to bring your wife over it's a lot easier than being a UK passport holder.

I'll drink a Guiness to you in the Temple Bar area of Dublin this weekend.

Sláinte agus táinte!