Bangkok Eye

corkscrew

For the past several weeks they have been building a ferris wheel just next to the night market off Wireless Road. Does anyone know when it will open? From the top there will be a fantastic view.

The good thing with it is you will have 360 degree view but i would not think it will be to fantastic as it is not all that high. I will however take a look when it opens.

For the past several weeks they have been building a ferris wheel just next to the night market off Wireless Road. Does anyone know when it will open? From the top there will be a fantastic view.

You could always look down at the ferris wheel from Vertigo, plus there's a bar and you can leave when you please.. :o

It was open tonight when I drove past

I work at U Chu Liang building (HSBC) opposite Lumpini Park, so been watching it built with interest....my gf really wants to go on it......should get a nice view of the new Fitness First gym at Q House on the other side of Rama IV rd when your at the top :o

I work at U Chu Liang building (HSBC) opposite Lumpini Park, so been watching it built with interest....my gf really wants to go on it......should get a nice view of the new Fitness First gym at Q House on the other side of Rama IV rd when your at the top :o

That's a nice place (with a view) to work. Have you been to that new gym? My membership at my current one just expired.

I work at U Chu Liang building (HSBC) opposite Lumpini Park, so been watching it built with interest....my gf really wants to go on it......should get a nice view of the new Fitness First gym at Q House on the other side of Rama IV rd when your at the top :D

That's a nice place (with a view) to work. Have you been to that new gym? My membership at my current one just expired.

Yeah its not bad :D My office used to be on the 31st floor which had great views but now I've been relocated to the 22nd still isn't bad but not as good :D

For the gym, I haven't although I keep meaning to go take a look around...although have to say I find gyms quite boring, trying to find the motivation to go and keep fit / loose weight (I posted another thread in the Health section about this). If I do join one I'm interested in FF mainly because they have another gym at Fashion Island near my home so I don't have to trek all the way into bkk at the weekends if I'm feeling motivated enough to work out :o That said my company offers a really amazing discount at California Wow years membership works out at 2000 baht for the top level (although it has a restriction that you can't use the new gym at Siam Paragon). Decision, decisions!

Edited by moonoi

Meanwhile--back at the Ferris Wheel--how much does it cost?

I haven't been on one in years. Was on one at a small fair, during the day and the guy running it left and I ended up on it for a really long time. At first it was nice, but after a while it got a little scary, just going around and around endlessly. But I guess good preparation for the rest of my life!

The good thing with it is you will have 360 degree view but i would not think it will be to fantastic as it is not all that high. I will however take a look when it opens.

Check out the BAIYOKE TOWER HOTEL, they have an observation deck near the top of their very tall hotel. Smog, fog and rain can ruin your view a little, but on a clear day you can see almost forever!