Ayutthaya Area Internet

sturdyd

I'm living just west of Ayutthaya and haven't been here very long Right now I'm using TrueMove H for my internet connection; that is a little USB modem connecting my laptop via 3G and costing 812 baht/mo.

The upside: pretty solid, rarely any problems with the connection and reasonably fast. But...

The downside: a 3 Gb cap per month. After the 3 GB (which is like, maybe, a couple of TV show downloads), the speed drops drastically. So, with a Hi-Def download or two in addition to normal usage, I only get full speed for a couple of weeks.

My question is what alternatives do I have in the Ayutthaya/Sena area? What kind of WiFi? TOT? 3BB? True, itself? I don't want a wired connection (my wired phone was so bad I cancelled it!)

So, leaving out all the razzle-dazzle that WiFi discussions usually generate, does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

ToT and 3BB (or CAT) are the best you can go with. Unless there is a canal (or Khlong) seperating you place from the main roads, then there's nothing to worry about.

Try spotting their field installation pickup. If you can see one stopping in your area, then you're good to go.