Our little man and some severe mosquito bites!

BIGJIMMY

Are you sure they are 'red'?

I've seen heaps of kids with a darker 'brown' spot which does last some time from the mosquito bites ... usually on their legs.

But speaking as a soon to be Father (me) ... if you are worried, do drop by the clinic.

But personally, if they are brown, not red ... I wouldn't be too worried.

The Mod Sheryl is a Nurse and very approachable ... maybe run it past her?

• 3 weeks later...

To weigh in on this for you all, the best, cheapest mozzie repellent is one you can easily make yourself.

Recipe

500ml Rubbing Alcohol

100g Whole Cloves

100ml Baby Oil (coconut, or whatever takes your fancy)

put the 100g of cloves into an airtight container with the alcohol, everyday shake it a couple of times a day for a week. Strain out the cloves and add the oil to the mix. Shake well before use to re-mx the oil as it will separate. Natural, smells good, works a charm.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

• 1 month later...

My half Thai daughter is the same. After a mosquito bite, there will be a brown spot for a

long time, guess it has something to do with the pigment in her skin. I used to work in

rural Alaska where the level of mosquitoes was like something out of a horror film.

So many and so vicious had to use pure Deet to stop them. But not good for you...

I have never tried any of home remedies here but may in the future. But one important

thing is to not smash them into your skin..... The proboscis is buried into your skin,

and if you smash them it will stay in your skin and create more irritation. Just gently

brush them away. There is a million more to take their place, killing one does not help... :-)

• Like 1