True Ultra (cable Internet) Upgrade

RedCardinal

Got the following SMS from True this morning:

เพื่อคุณภาพการใช้งาน Ultra hi-speed Internet ที่ดียิ่งขึ้น

ทรูจะทำการปรับปรุงระบบตั้งแต่ 02-06 ธ.ค. 2556 เวลา 10:00 - 18:00 น. โดยนอกช่วงเวลาดังกล่าวท่านสามารถใช้อินเทอร์เน็ตได้ตามปกติ

หวังเป็นอย่างยิ่งว่าท่านจะได้รับความพึงพอใจสูง สุดจากทรู ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวกค่ะ

For better quality of Ultra hi-speed Internet, system improvement will be proceeded

on 02-06/12/2013, 10:00 am.- 06:00 pm.

Apart from these periods, your internet connection is working normally. We are expecting your best satisfaction on our service, apologize for any inconvenience

No idea what they are trying to say, whether this is local to my my location, or whether access will be down during this time. Working fine so far today.

Doing upgrade work during business hours, and giving zero advance warning is pretty poor service IMO...

Roughly translated with Google it says:

To use the Ultra hi-speed Internet better.
True will improve from 02-06 Dec 2556, 10:00 - 18:00 pm, by the time you can use the internet as usual.
It is hoped that you will get the maximum satisfaction from True apologize for any inconvenience you.
For better quality of Ultra hi-speed Internet, system improvement will be proceeded on 02-06/12/2013, 10:00 am.- 06:00 pm.

Apart from these periods, your internet connection is working normally. We are expecting your best satisfaction on our service, apologize for any inconvenience

From what I've noticed they tend to do TrueVisions cable TV upgrades during the night but TrueOnline DOCSIS internet upgrades during the day.

But i expect a lot depends on whether they are just doing a software/firmware upgrade which they usually push at night or having to do physical cable maintenance (i.e., disconnecting cabling, inserting new line hardware, climbing poles, etc) which is probably quicker/easier/safer to do in the daylight.

Edited by Pib