Indian Spice Stores - Online ?

terak

Well, either you have not been looking or (much more likely) have no idea what you are looking for.

The four spices most often used in Indian cooking are available in the main market in every decent sized town in Thailand, even in such cultural backwaters as Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen!

Most of the others that you might need are usually available in Makro, though, admittedly, not always of the best quality.

The trick is to buy them when you see them and store them properly.

The only spice I have ever found difficult to find here is decent cardamom.

If Thai markets are too much of a challenge, then Tesco, Tops and Rimping supermarkets have most things as well.

Well, either you have not been looking or (much more likely) have no idea what you are looking for.

The four spices most often used in Indian cooking are available in the main market in every decent sized town in Thailand, even in such cultural backwaters as Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen!

Most of the others that you might need are usually available in Makro, though, admittedly, not always of the best quality.

The trick is to buy them when you see them and store them properly.

The only spice I have ever found difficult to find here is decent cardamom.

If Thai markets are too much of a challenge, then Tesco, Tops and Rimping supermarkets have most things as well.

OK - I do not know what I am looking for - you are obviously so clever that you can work my mind.

I can locate most thingsin Mackro etc but was trawling around the english sites & wondered if Thailand had anything similar - not a difficult question for most people & hence the thread

"OK - I do not know what I am looking for - you are obviously so clever that you can work my mind."

So what exactly are you looking for? This question crops up on a regular basis.

If you could be a little more specific as to what you are actually looking for you might find that others could point you in the right direction.

• 2 months later...