Thailand slips in global corruption survey

webfact

Not when the goal is to be number 1 (e.g. The least corrupt )

For example... Singapore is number 5 in the world

Thailand was 88 and is now 102... So this is worse not better...

Wrong again the goal is to be non corrupt.

You are treating it like a my dick is bigger than your dick contest.sad.png

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually think it can't get much worse in the area of corruption, but I suppose there is always room for deterioration.

My son, always remember that no matter where or when the ever lasting light is shone onto darkness over the world... "Things are never so bad, that they can't get worse, worser and the worsest here " thumbsup.gif facepalm.gif w00t.gif Just ask and English teacher.

Edited by silent

i think this list should be re-titled:

countries not so good at covering up their corruption..

Now that is truly a statement that one would expect from a gifted PTPredshirt.clap2.gif

I bet they even let you skip a grade in red shirt school on democracy with guns, rockets and fire.

I understand they even gave out a doctorate in B S.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes, more corrupt, but here a bigger number is usually considered better, whether tourist arrival numbers, Km/h or even volume control settings.

So guess the goal is number 177.

It then ranks countries on a scale of 0-100, where 0 means a country’s public sector is considered highly corrupt and 100 means it is regarded as very clean.

Not exactly a healthy situation and will certainly have foreign investors worried. A long, long, long, long, long way to go before an real improvement.

Yes it would be interesting to hear Moony's (or is it Moody's I am pleading a senior moment on this one) report now. Things have gotten in my opinion a lot worse since there last release here on TV.sad.png

Now waiting for a speech from PM Yingluck stating the improved ranking was a result of all the hard work she and her government had put into corruption rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

May want to re-read the article...

Thailand fell 14 places... Meaning it is much more corrupt vs last year ...

I think you'll find he/she was being sarcastic.

Now waiting for a speech from PM Yingluck stating the improved ranking was a result of all the hard work she and her government had put into corruption rolleyes.gif

Yep. Or in other words, I am not a puppet of my brother, people should judge me on my performance.

Out of 5 I would give her 1?

jb1

the government has apparently already drawn up a plan to improve thailand's position in the corruption rankings.... significant funds have been set-aside from the public budget and ministers will meet with representatives from Transparency International in an attempt to make a deal

• Like 2

Now waiting for a speech from PM Yingluck stating the improved ranking was a result of all the hard work she and her government had put into corruption rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

I think you'll find he/she was being sarcastic.

sarcasm is not allowed here

Now waiting for a speech from PM Yingluck stating the improved ranking was a result of all the hard work she and her government had put into corruption rolleyes.gif

Yep. Or in other words, I am not a puppet of my brother, people should judge me on my performance.

Out of 5 I would give her 1?

jb1

so would i... but lets not lower the tone

I think it was a sarcastic comment

NO it wasn't. The gov have put a load of effort into corruption. Beneffiting from it, not stopping it, that is.

See how low they can go with the 3 trillion Baht loans.

Edited by Soi Sauce
  • Like 1

Great to see the World recognising PM Thaksin's Yingluck's stunning achievement on this one ! facepalm.gif

Just imagine, if fighting corruption were not one of his her top-priorities, how much worse it might have been ? whistling.gif

I wonder if Suthep has got the news yet.

The Kings birthday tomorrow should see some let up but what about Friday once the nation has had time to hear of the Stunning achievements under the Shinawatra's.

I think it was a sarcastic comment

NO it wasn't. The gov have put a load of effort into corruption. Beneffiting from it, not stopping it, that is.

See how low they can go with the 3 trillion Baht loans.

The Somchai's in office will continue to grow fat for many a more year yet I think.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/526975/20131203/transparency-international-s-corruption-perception-index-2013.htm#.Up7Cq-JHmZQ

Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index of 2013 has listed Australia as among the 'big decliners'

from 85 in 2012 to 81 in 2013

I am sorry but you have your facts incorrect. Aust is ranked the 9th country for transparency They had a score of 81. The higher the score the better a country has performed in transparency. Aust dropped 4 points in transparency

I do believe you have it completely wrong, Rubl, it,s not an improved rating, it,s an increase in corruption ! Definitely not something to brag about, but completely understandable under the current government smile.png

Thailand and Thai's will NEVER have an improved standard of living unless they are able to:

1. Get corruption under control

2. Open the economy for foreign participation

3. Raise the standard of education

Both "Democrats" and Shinawatra Inc. have managed to do NOTHING with the above. Currently there is no hope. Only a real revolution led by a strong and incorrupt leader, not affiliated with the Democrats or PT, has a chance to rescue Thailand. Does such a person and movement exist? Not today. A clean and incorrupt military leader could do the same trick. Does he exist? I hope so...but wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by BestBitterPhuket
  • Like 1

ybe thick

Now waiting for a speech from PM Yingluck stating the improved ranking was a result of all the hard work she and her government had put into corruption rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20>

I may be thick, but the way i read the chart is that Thailand is worse now. So one of us has it wrong. If you look at Singapore (No 5) it says it's one of the cleanest!!!