PM Yingluck insists no resignation, no dissolution of Parliament

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I few days ago she was willing to resign. What gives?

Was she? Do tell us.

She did say she was willing to resgin IF that would solve the crisis. Of course Suthep doesn't want this, as it would mean the electorate gets to decide how the house of representatives looks like after elections.

He apparently wants to assign his own government, change the constitution and than call for general elections. Of course this is unacceptable.

It is utterly amazing that this clown is trying to go down this avenue, not only has he alienated the other side, but quite a few persons that would normally support him in his battle against the government. If this clown gets his way, Thailand will be on the verge of a civil war.

• Like 1

So she's flip flopping as usual.

First she's willing to resign and dissolve parliament and now she won't. Yeah we've come to expect this kind of dishonesty from her family and her brother's government.

Well, how many times (296?) have we heard from her brother that he's going to wash his hands off politics? I think flip-flopping is a deeply ingrained, time-honored Shinawatra family trait. Therefore we shouldn't be surprised about Yingluck's bungee-cord antics either.

The lassies recall of her ramblings of the past 48 hours seems to follow her ability to totally confound a nation and the world when given the oppurnity. She is a perfect fit for those who "wake up in a new world each morning". Maybe someone needs to explain that the present 'stand down' for the upcoming birthday is not like resetting the computer to a previous time to get rid of a problem.

This announcement may be a reflection of her tough stance, gleamed while in military attire. We have seen her confused, hurt, seeking pity, anger, uncomprehending blank look, its not important, look at me, etc which have not been oscar winning either.

Was she? Do tell us.

Yes, and I'm sure you read her news / broadcast reports too.

First she was adamant - no resignation, no dissolution. One of the gang also revealed publicly this had been instructed by Thaksin. She must cling on to power.

The she was offering to resign and dissolve parliament if that would solve the current situation. But, was careful to point out Suthep had already said he would not accept this as enough.

Now it's back to - no resignation, no dissolution.

She runs the country, makes the decisions and is not influenced by her bother. She said she doesn't listen to him, but also says she calls him almost everyday. Everything she says seems a little curious and contrary.

Maybe all about buying time while the PTP "thinker" thought of a plan. Perhaps let the protesters into the government and police buildings, use no force against them, send the militia home, win support from others. Then a truce for HMTK birthday. Then maybe we'll get lucky and the protesters will drift away, or reduce to a small enough hard core that can be dealt with.

Talks and agreements are meaningless when a government lies, cheats, acts illegally and does u-turns at will. How can they be trusted?

PTP need to cling on to power to get Thaksin's whitewash, secure the 2.2 trillion and keep the lid on what's been going on for the last 2 years. Resigning now is just too risky. Better to push for a "people's reform council" that can be filled with cronies, manipulated, coerced and ignored when required. All about buying time in a long term game plan. This is attrition and the side with the greatest stamina, resources and desire will be the winner.

How many times didn't PTP bigwigs meet the fugitive Mr T? Even a big police boss met him in Hong Kong. Now look at what Surapong is saying:

Officials would be breaching Section 114 of the Criminal Code and liable to between three to 15 years in jail if they talked to Mr Suthep while he is still wanted under an arrest warrant, said Mr Surapong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No doubt Tarit will be charged with investigating all those PTP MP's and Ministers, and the Policeman who openly met with the fugitive and swiftly conclude, there is not enough evidence to recommend a prosecution which the AG will reluctantly accept as true.

PTP - champions of law, justice and democracy - as long as it benefits them. If it doesn't then no problem, just ignore it.

Yay for a democratically elected government that can do what it likes now in power!

• Like 2

How many times didn't PTP bigwigs meet the fugitive Mr T? Even a big police boss met him in Hong Kong. Now look at what Surapong is saying:

Officials would be breaching Section 114 of the Criminal Code and liable to between three to 15 years in jail if they talked to Mr Suthep while he is still wanted under an arrest warrant, said Mr Surapong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just spotted the difference. Silly old me! They met Mr. T offshore, not in Thailand. So cannot be offence. Not same as meeting Mr. Suthep in Thailand. You see the difference ?

Just like cannot be charged with terrorism even if openly addressing and inflaming the crowd if you do it from outside the country. Same with financing terrorists.

All very straightforward. PTP right, Dems and protesters wrong - whatever the question may be,

She offered to resign if it would solve the crisis, Suthep said he doesn't accept it. Why are people on here tearing Yinluck's head off ? Maybe their reason is utterly clouded by their bias ?

suthep said it's not enough. but logically, for ANY solution except for this government to stay in power, she would have to resign first, right?

She offered to resign if it would solve the crisis, Suthep said he doesn't accept it. Why are people on here tearing Yinluck's head off ? Maybe their reason is utterly clouded by their bias ?

suthep said it's not enough. but logically, for ANY solution except for this government to stay in power, she would have to resign first, right?

She does, and she said she was prepared to do so, Suthep doesn't accept this, so what is she suppose to do ? Hand over power to him and his people council ? Wasn't Suthep's reason for protesting the alleged violation of the constitution by the government, and how does he justify his own blatant disregard for that same constitution ?

Don't answer, I already know the answer. Both sides are utter hypocrites. At least one side does have a clear electoral mandate.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

Monday: PM Yingluck insists no resignation, no dissolution of Parliament.

Tuesday: I will resign or do anything.

Wednesday: PM Yingluck insists no resignation, no dissolution of Parliament.

Thursday: Not allowed to speak today.

Friday: Please trust me I will resign or do anything.

Saturday: My brother just skyped me and said that no resignation, no dissolution of Parliament possible today.

Sunday: I will appoint a committee that will investigate yesterdays riots. I will resign or do anything if Suthep allows it.

Program for next week: same, same but slightly different.

• Like 1

I guess the yellow skirts here forget the biggest flip flopper is Suthep. How many time has he declared tomorrow is victory day?

But tomorrow never comes ! rolleyes.gif

It's like those pub-signs ... "Free Beer Tomorrow !", or "I pay you back tomorrow, tirak !" biggrin.png

Edited by Ricardo

So she's flip flopping as usual.

First she's willing to resign and dissolve parliament and now she won't. Yeah we've come to expect this kind of dishonesty from her family and her brother's government.

How can that be?

Burberry don't do flip flops.

How sure are you about that?

http://uk.burberry.com/patent-london-leather-flip-flops-p38703091

Disappointed you didn't do your homework bigbamboo tongue.png

clap2.gif

Bugger!

• Like 1

Was she? Do tell us.

She did say she was willing to resgin IF that would solve the crisis. Of course Suthep doesn't want this, as it would mean the electorate gets to decide how the house of representatives looks like after elections.

He apparently wants to assign his own government, change the constitution and than call for general elections. Of course this is unacceptable.

It is utterly amazing that this clown is trying to go down this avenue, not only has he alienated the other side, but quite a few persons that would normally support him in his battle against the government. If this clown gets his way, Thailand will be on the verge of a civil war.

Please excuse me but is this not what these protests are about. The government is being accused of trying to change the constiution ? And now this former deputy of the Democrat party wants to also change it.

• Like 1

Was she? Do tell us.

First she was adamant - no resignation, no dissolution. One of the gang also revealed publicly this had been instructed by Thaksin. She must cling on to power.

The she was offering to resign and dissolve parliament if that would solve the current situation. But, was careful to point out Suthep had already said he would not accept this as enough.

She runs the country, makes the decisions and is not influenced by her bother. She said she doesn't listen to him, but also says she calls him almost everyday. Everything she says seems a little curious and contrary.

Maybe all about buying time while the PTP "thinker" thought of a plan. Perhaps let the protesters into the government and police buildings, use no force against them, send the militia home, win support from others. Then a truce for HMTK birthday. Then maybe we'll get lucky and the protesters will drift away, or reduce to a small enough hard core that can be dealt with.

Talks and agreements are meaningless when a government lies, cheats, acts illegally and does u-turns at will. How can they be trusted?

PTP need to cling on to power to get Thaksin's whitewash, secure the 2.2 trillion and keep the lid on what's been going on for the last 2 years. Resigning now is just too risky. Better to push for a "people's reform council" that can be filled with cronies, manipulated, coerced and ignored when required. All about buying time in a long term game plan. This is attrition and the side with the greatest stamina, resources and desire will be the winner.

I see all the above as reasonable tactics of dealing with the situation . Pretty fly for a white girl eh?

• Like 1

The Kamnan from Surat made it clear that he wants to install his people's council even if Yingluck resigns and calls a snap election.

If I am Yingluck I also wouldn't resign but I do would talk next time to foreign TV channels with an English translator.

Under no way will the Armed Forces listen to someone like Suthep. My guess is in February or March next year will be another Election and the Democrats will loose more votes. Banharn will be back at the Chat Thai as the leader and we might even hear something from Chavalit that he wants to help the country move forward. Then lets not forget that Wan Muhammad Noor Matha might also return back to politics in the near future and he should be able to take at least 3-5% from the Democrat Party in the South in the next election.

Then their is the Chartthaipattana Party with the adviser being Banharn. Since the 5 years are gone I suspect that Chart Pattana and Chart Thai might split once again to go out for the votes who canvassed most of the votes to be the key in the next coalition. Then their is the Newin Group.

Also looking at the the demonstration I think 70% are Southerners but the democrats should still do well in the South and Bangkok but due to demographics it is not enough. The only election they won was after Suchinda but thanks to Suthep, Chuan had to call snap elections due to allegations we all know off.

I am looking forward for the next elections either in 2015 or early next year but the winner is now clear already. In Isaan they have a dislike for the Democrat Party but the news mentioned 24 hours that Suthep was linked to the Democrat Party and they will ooose dearly in the North and Northeast plus on top comes up the old-timers that come back in politics, which very much means Democrats 35% plus opposition maybe another 5% and coalition 60%.

The rice scheme is still cheaper then what my government in Germany spends on bailing out the Greeks and the European banks and the economy in the Northeast is booming and has been booming for a long time already.

As a closing point for me politics has been a drama for most of my last 24 years in Thailand but I am just an observer and something is different with the Thaksin family clan as they always have more people's behind them as the democrats, also the democrats have stronger financial backers.

This is a classic example of someone who is not too bright behind the eyes.

She seems to sense some sort of victory over the protesters, just because they had the common decency to respect the coming birthday bash. She seems to think that they have relinquished all their desire to see this through to the end.

I hope they do not let go of their positions in government house and MPBHQ. They will be better positioned to bring this government down ifthey keep hold of their positions.

I sense a cyclical move by the police is being put into place for the 6TH Dec. I have a feeling in my bones and I am not the only one. The protesters webpages are expecting something too. They are not as stupid as people may think and they know this rabble probably better than we know them. A few may have been sucked in by being handed roses and given hugs and wais by the police, but give it 2 days and i think we may be watching worse events unfolding that we have seen over the past few days.

This government had better tread careful, because if this kicks off again like I think it will, there will be no chance to acquiesce on behalf of the police since Yingluck has decided to initiate a 'cry wolf' game. Next time, nobody will believe anything and it will literally be a fight to the death.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 1

This is a classic example of someone who is not too bright behind the eyes.

She seems to sense some sort of victory over the protesters, just because they had the common decency to respect the coming birthday bash. She seems to think that they have relinquished all their desire to see this through to the end.

I hope they do not let go of their positions in government house and MPBHQ. They will be better positioned to bring this government down ifthey keep hold of their positions.

I sense a cyclical move by the police is being put into place for the 6TH Dec. I have a feeling in my bones and I am not the only one. The protesters webpages are expecting something too. They are not as stupid as people may think and they know this rabble probably better than we know them. A few may have been sucked in by being handed roses and given hugs and wais by the police, but give it 2 days and i think we may be watching worse events unfolding that we have seen over the past few days.

This government had better tread careful, because if this kicks off again like I think it will, there will be no chance to acquiesce on behalf of the police since Yingluck has decided to initiate a 'cry wolf' game. Next time, nobody will believe anything and it will literally be a fight to the death.

I think you are right. On the 6th or 7th something will happen. My hope is that HM the King will speak tomorrow on all TV's and this could be a new start for the Kingdom.

• Like 1

Resign... Not resign....

Dissolve... Not Dissolve.... cheesy.gif

Master Oogway would have been proud of you little Yingluck.

"There are no accidents"!!!

Got to cash in the 2.2 trillions first intheclub.gif

Amnesty bill... Not amnesty bill...??????????

Was she? Do tell us.

I see all the above as reasonable tactics of dealing with the situation . Pretty fly for a white girl eh?

Yep - very fly indeed. Both sides are pretty fly, but PTP - craftier then the proverbial barrow load of monkeys !

This is twisting more than the plot of a good Chinese historical drama ............. hardly a suprise really !

The Kamnan from Surat made it clear that he wants to install his people's council even if Yingluck resigns and calls a snap election.

If I am Yingluck I also wouldn't resign but I do would talk next time to foreign TV channels with an English translator.

Under no way will the Armed Forces listen to someone like Suthep. My guess is in February or March next year will be another Election and the Democrats will loose more votes. Banharn will be back at the Chat Thai as the leader and we might even hear something from Chavalit that he wants to help the country move forward. Then lets not forget that Wan Muhammad Noor Matha might also return back to politics in the near future and he should be able to take at least 3-5% from the Democrat Party in the South in the next election.

Then their is the Chartthaipattana Party with the adviser being Banharn. Since the 5 years are gone I suspect that Chart Pattana and Chart Thai might split once again to go out for the votes who canvassed most of the votes to be the key in the next coalition. Then their is the Newin Group.

Also looking at the the demonstration I think 70% are Southerners but the democrats should still do well in the South and Bangkok but due to demographics it is not enough. The only election they won was after Suchinda but thanks to Suthep, Chuan had to call snap elections due to allegations we all know off.

I am looking forward for the next elections either in 2015 or early next year but the winner is now clear already. In Isaan they have a dislike for the Democrat Party but the news mentioned 24 hours that Suthep was linked to the Democrat Party and they will ooose dearly in the North and Northeast plus on top comes up the old-timers that come back in politics, which very much means Democrats 35% plus opposition maybe another 5% and coalition 60%.

The rice scheme is still cheaper then what my government in Germany spends on bailing out the Greeks and the European banks and the economy in the Northeast is booming and has been booming for a long time already.

As a closing point for me politics has been a drama for most of my last 24 years in Thailand but I am just an observer and something is different with the Thaksin family clan as they always have more people's behind them as the democrats, also the democrats have stronger financial backers.

Oh how nice, all old (and some very old) politicians back. What an improvement.

BTW that the rice scheme on THB 700++ billion is cheaper than what Germany spend on bailing out Greece and European banks is irrelevant. What is relevant is the uninterested attitude of the government on loosing 60% of the rice scheme budget.