Expiry of my Wives Thai Passport in the UK

Hello All

My Wife has a Thai Passport and she is living here with me in the UK, she has got her ILR and Residence Permit Card back in September this year. clap2.gif ( ps thank you again to all you guys for helping us with this )wai2.gif wai2.gifwai2.gif

But now her Thai Passport Expires 21 July 2014, my questions are.

What's the earliest she can get a new one from the Royal Thai Embassy London?

We would like to do it in February 2014, because we plan to goto Spain for a family wedding.

And was the Cost?

Paperwork needed ?

Do we need to book an appointment?

I have tried to look on the Thai Embassy London Website but getting lost and not sure if I am looking at the right pages.

Thank You

Alansmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

You have to make an appointment first. you can get it in one day but expensive. make certain you take all the relevant documents with you. It tells you on the Thai Embassy web site all the things you need to do, also a telephone number to call and ask.

You can and should book a appointment. It means nothing when you get there. Just get there early doors. Take a ticket and wait to be called

The office closed at lunch time and my wife was told to return the next day to complete the application.

She said we had come a long way and that we had to return home that night.

Was told to come back after lunch just for her photo to be taken.

We went for lunch ourselves. and went back at the time we were told only to wait another hour for them to finish eating

Waited 6 or 7 weeks for the passport to be sent on. You have to pay the special delivery charge at the time to the Royal Thai Embassy

• 1 month later...

Hello All

Just to recap, looking at the Thai Visa renewal

Cost is £25.00 cash only.

Documentation is just old passport, tabian ban or Thai ID Card

And to print off and fill in Form 1

Have I got it right chaps??? Doesn't say anything about photos??? Thought the misses might need more paperwork than just this???

rolleyes.gif

Alan

• Like 1

No photos needed they will take her photos there when they take her finger prints for the bio metrics.

As has been said it is worth getting there early it is only a small room & it can get very busy.

We went last year to renew the wifes passport & get our youngests birth certificate & passport there before the doors opened in & out in an hour.

• Like 1

I agree with you Waterloo but I remember back in the days I had to do that 12 years ago my wife was not interested in the museums.

The service could be better.No appreciation by the staff of how far some have travelled.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay Chaps,

We have an appointment booked 10.00am on Thursday, do you think we should just get there really early then???

randall you say you got their for 6 - 7 am, it gets that busy??? Was thinking of getting there for around 8.00am

What do you think?

Alan

Okay Chaps,

We have an appointment booked 10.00am on Thursday, do you think we should just get there really early then???

randall you say you got their for 6 - 7 am, it gets that busy??? Was thinking of getting there for around 8.00am

What do you think?

Alan

Personally I think 6 - 7 am is to early we usually try to get there before the door is open and in the 4 times we have been there in the last 7 years we have always been done and dusted same day.

If memory serves our worst experience was about 2 1/2 hours so why Que outside for 3 hours in the possible rain?

• Like 1

Alanad2012,

My wife and step daughter's last renewals were done in Thailand, so we haven't been to the RTE for 10 years. I'm sure things have changed since then!.

But we are going next month, so would appreciate you posting your experience.

• Like 1

And of course a Thai national can enter the Thai kingdom on an expired passport just like a UK citizen can enter the UK on an expired British passport.

You can also enter the UK on a British naturalisation document without a passport.

Hello All

My Report of the Day.

The Misses booked an appointment for today Thursday 20/02/2014 at 10.00am

We arrived at Euston Train Station in London 8.55 am

As soon as we got of the train we went downstairs to get a black cab to the Royal Thai Embassy on Queen's Gate SW7 5JB

from Euston Station to Thai Embassy it was £14.00 took about 15 minutes.

Arrived at Royal Thai Embassy 9.30am, had to go down these small steps to get inside the building.

As you go through the door, there is the chose of two tickets to get Blue or Pink, Blue was for Visas Only and Pink was for Passports, we took Pink for Passports.

We sat down, in front of us was 3 Windows 2 for Pink tickets, 1 for Blue tickets.

Waited about 10 minutes for our number to come up.

The wife went to the counter when our ticket number came up, and the man checked all the paperwork and except payment £25 + £8 admin fee total £33 to be paid in CASH.

We had to write down delivery address ( home address where the passport will be sent ) on an envelope.

He then gave back all paperwork so we could take it to another room, we sat down in the other room for 3 seconds, the nice lady took my wifes paperwork and told her to sit in front of her where she also checked paperwork and took finger prints and photo.

Then we left. We arrived 9.30am was outside in 50 minutes, it was perfect and quick and easy, no problems.

But! But! BUT! I was surprised to see so many English Men panicking in there with the process, but only because they had not got paperwork in order for the day. Soom Nam Nar :)

Okay !!!!

Oh yes don't forget to print of Form 1 and get the Wife to fill it in before you go, I printed of two extra just in case she made a mistake.

Just goto wait 6 - 8 weeks now.

Hope this helps everybody.

Chock Dii :)

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Alan.

Changed a lot since we last went 10 years ago.

Then you couldn't make an appointment. So we turned up about 9am, to find a queue. Took our ticket and waited.

Eventually, number called; handed in form, fee etc., told to wait for photo to be taken (possibly biometrics, too. Did Thailand do biometric passports then; I can't remember.)

Just before 12 an official came out and said "Number x wait, everyone else come back after 2!"

Fortunately, we were number x!

Oh yes, their are two forms, Form 1 and Form 2, you have to print off the correct form. For me and the misses it was Form 1.

But like i said i printed of extra forms just in case.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Turned up at the appointed time, had to take a number even though we had an appointment.

Clerk at the desk checked the documents and took the money (£25 for the passport plus £8 for special delivery of the new one; otherwise you have to return to the embassy to collect it) and sent us to a side room.

There her documents were checked again and her photo and fingerprints were taken.

Told she should have her new passport within 2 months.

In and out in about 30 minutes.

There were people there who hadn't made an appointment and they had to wait until all those with an appointment had been seen.