speaker

jpmerlin

hello

i buy a desktop for my son and he don't have any speaker,my son can listen from the computer whit a head phone,i would went to buy the speaker but is that all what i need,speaker whit cable connector or i need something more,i look inside of the computer and i think i can do my self but i am not sure? any advice, thank you

Any modern desktop will have several coloured jacks on the back. Check there is a green one.

Headphones or speakers plug in there, nothing to do inside.

If you get a headset with a microphone for Skype etc. then the pink plug goes in the pink socket :)

The speaker will need power, either an internal battery or a wall wart.

i have the green plug out side of the computer where i plug the head phone,what i want to do is to install the speaker inside the computer where is a empty space and i have some wires inside where i can plug the speaker.but i don,t know if i need some more hardware?

i have the green plug out side of the computer where i plug the head phone,what i want to do is to install the speaker inside the computer where is a empty space and i have some wires inside where i can plug the speaker.but i don,t know if i need some more hardware?

Forget it. Your son will be SO much happier with stereo speakers placed outside the computer case.

• Like 1

The internal connection marked "speaker" can only go 'beep' or maybe 'bop'.

You can only connect a useful speaker via the green connector.