4x4 Accessory Shop In Chiang Mai?

highonthai

As in 'real 4x4' stuff right, not just 'bling to pimp my truck'?

I think a very good shop is (or used to be anyway) in the soi that runs behind CM Center, so roughly from Chotana Road (JUST before the interesection with the super-highway) all the way to near The Weird Traffic Lights Intersection near Wat Jed Yod. :o

Or, for professionally installed bling, look no further than PPS on the Hang Dong road. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

New Ford Ranger or old model Ford Ranger? If old model Ford Ranger (the 2.5TD anyway) then I'd go look for a shop that does diesel engine turbo/exhaust modifications before doing anything else. The low-end torque of that thing is just atrocious.

Sucks resembling a monster truck with monster wheels and snorkles and all that jazz but having the engine die going up the first hill that's a bit on the steep side, then be forced to either slip the clutch to get into the rev-area where you (very suddenly) have power, then slip the wheels... Yuck. And obviously, with a lift and bigger wheels/tyres, you lose even more (wheel)torque. (Compare that with, say, Isuzu and Toyota which you just drop in 1st gear low, point it at just about anything and they proceed to have it for breakfast without you having to do much else except keeping it straight and looking at the sky. :o

Anyway if it's the new Ford then this is probably not an issue. :D

For me I always had the plan to get this engine torque issue sorted out, and was recommended a shop called Chiang Mai Diesel just before Carrefour, but I never actually found it. It's still kinda-sorta on the agenda but don't want to invest serious (any :D ) money and the clutch needs work which could potentially be a major expense also.

Cheers,

Chanchao

For 4x4 suspension, the best place - by far - is in the little line of shops opposite the big Transport Ministry building on Hang Dong Road. (I've even met people who've come up from Malaysia to have work done by them.)

Thanks guys,

I am looking into swapping out a stock suzuki rear end to a ford 9" rear end. a Ford Ranger rear end is an 8.8 and is almost just a strong but the gear set does not come out as a third member.

The 9" pumpkin and gears are larger and stonger than stock Suzuki stuff. It's a common swap for "Jeep" Jeeps. I want to take a stock suzuki jeep and turn it into a capable jungle runner.

Finding a 9" out of a ford might be very difficult to find in Thailand though.

I'm a motorhead and can't just leave well enough alone.

Thanks for the info.