Stubborn Ec

womble

Parinya vows to stay put

Election Commissioner Parinya Nakchattree Wednesday vowed to stay put although the three top courts have advised the EC to resign.

Parinya told a group of people, who came from his native province of Chum Phon, that he would not resign but he would allow courts to step in to help supervise the new election.

Nation

Massive loss of face for EC, but they will loose even more the longer they try to hold on to their positions. It also risks throwing the country back into crisis. For the good of the Nation and democracy the best thing they could do is step down, before they look even more stupid.

IMHO if the EC remains, they could, as I understand it, call for new elections in the next 60 days and this would keep any TRT politicians from jumping to a new party. Whereas, if the EC resigns, then it will take, at least 60 days for the court to name and approve another EC board and then 60 to 90 days after that for the election...which is plenty of time for any disgruntled TRT to jump ship. I think the EC, being friends of TRT, will hang on and try to push a new election... The only other thing to consider is the King's 60th anniversary and the effect that this confusion could have on that

That's a very good point and I expect the EC will be trying to hold on desperatley.

One thing though, where would any disgruntled party member jump ship to?

The Demorcrats are a complete joke, they have absolutley no policies, where is there manifesto? As far as I can see their only policy is to get rid of TRT and Thaksin. The party has been utter rubbish at highlighting the failiures of TRT and it's policies. Fair enough the clamping down on media has made it more difficult, but they need to find other ways of making themselves heard, and I don't mean street ralies. They need to get into the communities, explain the problems with corruption and the truth behind all the failing policies, then tell the electorate how their policies will be of greater benefit than those of TRT.

It seems to me all the Demorcrats are doing is waiting for TRT mistakes to capitalise on, they need to be more proactive.

If I had a vote it wouldn't be cast for a party that has no clear stance on future policies should it win, mind you neigher would I vote for a party so corrupt and full of nepotism, that it makes the country unable to compete on the same level as many of it's neighbours, and frequently embarresses itself with mindboggling greed and graft.

There really is no box worth ticking.

As long as cabinet positions are dished as favours for financial support or faction alliance instead of to those who really have the qualifications and understanding to excell in the positions I guess it will remain that way.

:o