Suthep sets December 9 as D-Day

Lite Beer

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its Like you read my my mind, the only difference is I think there are most probably some good politicians in both party's and maybe some of the smaller party's, and then it could still the political party's happy and make Thailand more stable.

I agree with you about that, sure have some good politician out there that could help this country to go out from the total chaos it is in now.

But I am afraid, that people would still see them as Thaksin, Abhisit, or Suthep...

Just look at some posts here on TV... "or with me or against me!" ;)

• Like 1

Solution ... do as much as possible in chronological order.

Step 1: Extradite Thaksin and throw him in jail for the period per his conviction, but allow him to attend pending court cases against him.

Step 2: Jail all the yellow leaders of the government house/airport protest.

Step 3: Jail all the red leaders who encouraged terrorism in 2010.

Step 4: Jail all the PT members who voted for a blanket amnesty.

Step 5: Jail Suthep and any of his cronies who committed acts of treason.

Step 6: Start the very long drawn out process of blowing the whistle on those guilty of corruption at any level and from any background. Jail them all for a long time to set an example for the rest of society.

Step 7: Prevent anyone who has been banned from politics in the past from having any future role in local or national politics.

Step 8: Let those who are left divide up the spoils, form new political parties and rewrite the constitution with the harshest penalties for any form of corruption in the future.

Yes, I know the above will never work, and will fail at the first hurdle. That's why the country will continue to batter itself into unconsciousness for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Sunderland
  • Like 2

Well with Tuesday being a holiday, I guess those aren't trying to bring down this corrupt government are going to have a long weekend.

This is it. All or nothing. I hope Suthep is victorious. Time to send all the Shinawatras back to Dubai!

Suthep is the most corrupt bastard you can have.Read his history.

• Like 2

Only one way to solve this problem is all out war from both sides or UN intervention blink.pngbah.gif

At least that would stop people abroad having to second guess whether they should visit Thailand or not for a holiday.

Since we have 6 plants here it is touch and go rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

It was a long and painful speech to follow.

As much as people want to say about his protest we have not heard for calls for violence from the stage. He has promised that he will not return to the rally sites. It ends Monday.

If it's just going to end after a peaceful march, why did he also say this?

Sanitsuda Ekachai @sanitsuda 1h

Suthep: But if the number of people is not big enough, there will be people getting hurt or die.

I hope you're right, but I don't see it. He's also claimed several times already that day x would be the day of victory.

I'd have to go back and listen again if I have it cached, but he was rambling on and off about the consequences of fighting more or as explained later ending with a major march to Gov House ... I think there he was referring to continuing to struggle on as opposed to the Dec 9th solution.

Note he implied, but the wording was a bit weasley* (nods to rowling^) that the 9th was THE end but I think the direct translation would have been "we will make our last march on the 9th, if it fails I will turn myself in. I will not return to the rally point" a week or 23 at Gov House? I do not see that as an option for him either.

I think he beleives if he can get a million+ people surrounding Gov't house, he can demand concessions, if they are not met .... how will 1M+ people react?

Remember at the same time he is wanting every provincial hall to be the site of a rally too. (Where I live there won't be much of one, people will just head to BKK- + Nakhon Nayok is a military proince)

I guess he was referring to the 9th because he apparently finished with:

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT 1h

If we lose, pls don't cry, just accept it and be their slave for the rest of our life: Suthep told protesters and announced it final.

But I note that Aim decided to translate the part about people dying differently to Sanitsuda (BKK Post columnist):

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT 1h

But with only this number of protesters, some people would get hurt by the govt. I don't fear the danger, I will sacrifice my life: Suthep.

So yes, he's banking on a large number. Protests tend to get more extreme as numbers dwindle (see both red shirts and PAD). But I'm pretty sure he knows it's not going to be anywhere near a million. In fact it'll be less than they achieved last week for two reasons:

1. There's a potential for violence and getting hurt now, and people don't like that. It's one thing to come to a totally peaceful rally and another thing to risk being tear gassed or worse, if they try to seize buildings. People could just come for a look and listen to Suthep last week, no real commitment or sacrifice required. No risk. But that's all changed now.

2. Last week was still all about the amnesty and corruption. Now the protest goal is to overthrow electoral democracy. Will all of the people who came to the initial rallies support this goal? Probably not. It's too extreme for many and they'll be worried about how far Suthep is willing to go to achieve it.

Still I have been talking to some anti-govt 'moderates' who still believe they're going to bring down the 'Thaksin regime' and remove the government, on the basis that it'll be easier to remove Suthep after the Thaksin regime falls than it is to get rid of Thaksin. But I think most of them will be supporting safely at home...

Wouldn't want to risk getting gassed by the special tear gas the government is now apparently going to use, according to Suthep, or meeting the red shirts and black shirts that the government is bringing in, again according to Suthep.

Sanitsuda Ekachai @sanitsuda 2h

Suthep: govt is going to use red and black shirt people to hurt us

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT 2h

Suthep said a new lot of tear gas has been imported. It will be powder type this time. It will cause pain when mixed with water.

Yingluck has offered to resign. Surely that is good enough for a start. This guy keeps demanding more and more: "total extermination". I don't believe this govt has done anything wrong in the way it has handled this situation. Sure, the amnesty bill was badly managed but insufficient grounds to be demanding that the clock to wound back to suit these uber nationalists

He is just doing the same things when they did it to Ahbisit in the last incident. demand more and more..

Another false dawn...like all the others. Why does he not create a political party and run at the next election

Because he knows he would lose.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep was talking at that point contrasting the reds and his group. They were asking Grannies to stay at home during the event (according to him, and what I understood)

As is often the case (though he is a far far better public speaker than YL) He rambled. The posts as they were popping up were not always in sequence and left large gaps on twitter. The people gisting it were doing an excellent job, but how do you deal with a guy that rambles on for more than an hour in a few 140 character statements?

Yingluck has offered to resign. Surely that is good enough for a start. This guy keeps demanding more and more: "total extermination". I don't believe this govt has done anything wrong in the way it has handled this situation. Sure, the amnesty bill was badly managed but insufficient grounds to be demanding that the clock to wound back to suit these uber nationalists

He is just doing the same things when they did it to Ahbisit in the last incident. demand more and more..

Exactly...Giving them the taste of their own medicine and fully exposing their hypocrisy.

Well with Tuesday being a holiday, I guess those aren't trying to bring down this corrupt government are going to have a long weekend.

This is it. All or nothing. I hope Suthep is victorious. Time to send all the Shinawatras back to Dubai!

Suthep is the most corrupt bastard you can have.Read his history.

Nah, he;s pretty much just average, actually.

• Like 1

I wonder if he wondered why the other "D-day" was not "J-day". Haha, dumb Americans, he likely thought. Moreover, December in Thai is ****Thai language removed****

ṭhạnwākhm. So, maybe call it "T-Day"? or "T-Wan". I like it!! coffee1.gif
Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

Suthep was talking at that point contrasting the reds and his group. They were asking Grannies to stay at home during the event (according to him, and what I understood)

As is often the case (though he is a far far better public speaker than YL) He rambled. The posts as they were popping up were not always in sequence and left large gaps on twitter. The people gisting it were doing an excellent job, but how do you deal with a guy that rambles on for more than an hour in a few 140 character statements?

True. But you can get a reasonable grasp of what he said.

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT 2h

The PDRC (Suthep's group) has decided it wouldn't let the elderly protesters face tear gas like that: Suthep.

But what if they want to face the tear gas? Why is it up to Suthep? I don't see how it's different from the reds, not like red leaders ordered old women to attack police who were firing tear gas either... however, I suppose if I were being serious, it's best to keep them away even if they want to try to help seize the buildings. Same goes for children.

Now be serious .... You are looking at the kinder gentler Suthep that does not want the image of hiding behind grannies and babies. Those images in 2010 made many Thai people very sick. Just as it made some sick that there were oldsters and babies at Suwannaphoom. The difference being at the airport they were sitting in the shade listening and singing. Not putting babies on top of tires after having launched those cheesy rockets. (I still do not know if those were intended to cause harm but I assume they were)

You know my personal feelings re: Suthep (and Newin and Banharn and the rest of the regional power families on either side of the divide) but again I am betting that Suthep, like Chamlong. Will actually be there on Monday. That is a far cry different than Thaksin when he said "when the first bullets fly I will be there with you" (that probably should not be in quotes -- but it is how I remember him saying it.

Suthep making that call is about the image. I think it will resonate with the people to a much greater degree than you would expect.

• Like 2

Suthep sets December 9 as D-Day.. blink.png ..

Ok so weve have V day B day and we already have 2 names for dec 9 Holi Day and Mon Day ...

I dont understand whats with using the English alphabet why cant they use Thai letters for change ? its not like they dont have plenty to choose from. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Frankly I got to Y day earlier this week and after that stopped asking questions....whistling.gif

• Like 2

It was a long and painful speech to follow.

As much as people want to say about his protest we have not heard for calls for violence from the stage. He has promised that he will not return to the rally sites. It ends Monday.

Doesn't stop the comrades from ratcheting up the propaganda though :rolleyes:

post-147583-13863543395598_thumb.jpgpost-147583-13863543535374_thumb.jpg

Let's pray everything will be solved without violence and will be really over on Monday, even if IMHO, if protest won't be successful, Suthep won't turn himself in, so will be not over.

Anchalee Paireerak: " “If the Democrats back down after the amnesty bill is withdrawn, I will join another protest that shares my cause, most likely the STR,” she says, meaning that regardless of the political outcome, her fans are sure to see her again and often in the days to come.

Then there are the other ex-PAD affiliates.

Now be serious .... You are looking at the kinder gentler Suthep that does not want the image of hiding behind grannies and babies. Those images in 2010 made many Thai people very sick. Just as it made some sick that there were oldsters and babies at Suwannaphoom. The difference being at the airport they were sitting in the shade listening and singing. Not putting babies on top of tires after having launched those cheesy rockets. (I still do not know if those were intended to cause harm but I assume they were)

You know my personal feelings re: Suthep (and Newin and Banharn and the rest of the regional power families on either side of the divide) but again I am betting that Suthep, like Chamlong. Will actually be there on Monday. That is a far cry different than Thaksin when he said "when the first bullets fly I will be there with you" (that probably should not be in quotes -- but it is how I remember him saying it.

Suthep making that call is about the image. I think it will resonate with the people to a much greater degree than you would expect.

Chamlong for sure, he 's the mastermind, Thaksin's former comrade.

This man is now insane. Keep doing . Saying the same thing over and over. Omg I'm tired of him even if I was yellow or red. So many ultimatums like was said above. Now another one. Just put this man in jail where he belongs for many crimes committed OR JUST CHARGE HIM 500 baht.... 555

• Like 2