Suthep sets December 9 as D-Day

Lite Beer

First of all: what if 1 Mio people show up?

These 1 Mio people rule over the rest of country?

By Sutheps own rules, he just makes up, as he goes along?

And second: last Tuesday was V-day, because there was an upcoming B-day...so now Monday is D-day...

What is this?

Sesame Street? 

Monday will be brought to you by the letter D: d like "deceive", d like "divide", d like "destroy"...

What a bunch of Muppets!

Who are the Muppets?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All of them, the whole lot!

Politicians, who only care for "the peopel" if by "the people" they mean themselves...and the sheep, who are following them!

On both sides!

The whole stupid, arrogant bunch!

So what is the process for dealing with a lying, cheating and corrupt government?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He should give up now. he belongs in jail. he has done too much to hurt Thai people and the country. He does not stand for democracy - he wants to be the ruler of Thai people like they had 50 years ago. That is not democracy.

Weteher Suthep is actually standing for democracy or not remains to be seen. He has stated he will not take a position in a new government.

If reform cannot or will not come organically from within the system, many many people think that it will have to come from outside. When parliament disregards the constitutional court rulings, and does not allow opposition parties the chance to debate new laws they really have lost legitimacy.

The question is, do you think reform to get graft and majoritarianism out of politics is possible at the current time under the current system (and nobody is expecting to get rid of all corruption, but to at least give anti-corruption laws some teeth!)

Yingluck has less than a day to take some of the power away from Suthep, by dissolving parliament, appointing a caretaker PM, and resigning. That would remove a great percentage of the moderates that are backing Suthep. (Again I am not suggesting they LIKE Suthep. just that they have similar agendas.to a point.... taking the high road here could actually save some votes for YL in the next elections. Assuming she does not get banned from politics. If she does, Somchai could step in for the next elections. but that would be a huge mistake)

It was a long and painful speech to follow.

As much as people want to say about his protest we have not heard for calls for violence from the stage. He has promised that he will not return to the rally sites. It ends Monday.

If overthrowing a duely ellected government is not calling for violence then i dont know the meaning of the word. I think you should think about what you are saying.

Many times in history, peaceful protest calling for the removal of a political system has been non-violent.

• Like 1

I bother posting because I see through the bs propaganda in case you hadnt noticed the same police are there to protect the government and law no matter who governs so thats a little hypocritical to use as an excuse.

<snip for brevity>

It's just that in 2010, they'd all decided to "pull a sickie", for the duration of the protests ? wink.png

as they did at RU. just a week ago.

First of all: what if 1 Mio people show up?

These 1 Mio people rule over the rest of country?

By Sutheps own rules, he just makes up, as he goes along?

And second: last Tuesday was V-day, because there was an upcoming B-day...so now Monday is D-day...

What is this?

Sesame Street?

Monday will be brought to you by the letter D: d like "deceive", d like "divide", d like "destroy"...

What a bunch of Muppets!

Who are the Muppets?

All of them, the whole lot!

Politicians, who only care for "the peopel" if by "the people" they mean themselves...and the sheep, who are following them!

On both sides!

The whole stupid, arrogant bunch!

So what is the process for dealing with a lying, cheating and corrupt government?

Are we playing 20 questions?

First of all, this would bear the question, why there are no protests, since the beginning of time, because in Thailand "government" is synonymous with lying, cheating and being corrupt...and more!

Second,IMHO, the protests against the amnesty bill were quiet valid (so would have been the demonstrations against the rice scheme, the first car sceme, the flood sceme....but hey...we only throw tantrums , when the name "Thaksin" is directly involved, don't we?!)- what is not valid, is asking for the hand over of power to an un-elected government.

Thirdly, all this "outrage" would have a lot more credibility -in my eyes- if I would have the feeling, Thai- people are generally politically engaged...when in fact, most of them couldn't care less. Even the one, who suddenly roam the streets of Bangkok, when the name "Thaksin" is called out, but don't give a sh1t for anything else.

And last, but not least: I am still to see a mapped out plan, by the self- proclaimed champions of freedom, justice and democracy.

I am all for protests and marches and stuff- but there has to be a plan and there have to be reasonable demands.

Not just making up sh1t on the top of your head as you go along!

He should give up now. he belongs in jail. he has done too much to hurt Thai people and the country. He does not stand for democracy - he wants to be the ruler of Thai people like they had 50 years ago. That is not democracy.

Weteher Suthep is actually standing for democracy or not remains to be seen. He has stated he will not take a position in a new government.

If reform cannot or will not come organically from within the system, many many people think that it will have to come from outside. When parliament disregards the constitutional court rulings, d does not allow opposition parties the chance to debate new laws they really have lost legitimacy.an

The question is, do you think reform to get graft and majoritarianism out of politics is possible at the current time under the current system (and nobody is expecting to get rid of all corruption, but to at least give anti-corruption laws some teeth!)

Yingluck has less than a day to take some of the power away from Suthep, by dissolving parliament, appointing a caretaker PM, and resigning. That would remove a great percentage of the moderates that are backing Suthep. (Again I am not suggesting they LIKE Suthep. just that they have similar agendas.to a point.... taking the high road here could actually save some votes for YL in the next elections. Assuming she does not get banned from politics. If she does, Somchai could step in for the next elections. but that would be a huge mistake)

Talk of 'new laws', there are enough Laws on Thai statute to fill a thousand 'phone books, but are enforced/changed/applied indiscriminately/on a whim. I don't see this mindset changing anytime soon, if at all, here in Lilliput.

Same goes with corruption 'laws' - the only 'teeth' would be to jail offenders. See aforesaid.

Another false dawn...like all the others. Why does he not create a political party and run at the next election

Because he knows he is not going to win. And that pisses him off to no end.

My biggest issue with this protest movement is that they do not respect the people that voted for PTP.

As much as I despise what PTP is, this does not authorize Suthep to set himself up as the savior.

Sunday, this morning the wife informs me that she was offered 1000 baht to go to Bangkok and protest against Yingluck.

Surprise, surprise, the pot calls the kettel black.

Sunday, this morning the wife informs me that she was offered 1000 baht to go to Bangkok and protest against Yingluck.

Mind telling who was offering ? I know a few Thais who'd be interested and would be happy to send them on the cause.

If reform cannot or will not come organically from within the system, many many people think that it will have to come from outside. When parliament disregards the constitutional court rulings, and does not allow opposition parties the chance to debate new laws they really have lost legitimacy.

What to you mean: it remains to be seen if Suthep stands for democracy? Have you been on the plonk? You know very well he wants nothing to do with the concept of democracy. He has made that CRYSTAL CLEAR. Some of his acolytes might have made vague references to what sounds, at best, a Sukarno-esque guided democracy ( ie kleptolunacy in this case).

You continue to throw around weasel words such as majoritarianism and call for its demise, while at the same time denying that this govt even has a majority. I'm puzzled.

Mind telling who was offering ? I know a few Thais who'd be interested and would be happy to send them on the cause.
My soup vendor just said the same thing this evening. He says he could care less about who runs the country, but the 1,000 Baht he will get tomorrow is more than he makes selling soups all night, so he will join them. A bus will apparently come pick him up in the morning. He says he has to be back in the afternoon to pick up his son from school. I hope he comes back. I told him not to go. Edited by jackrich

My soup vendor just said the same thing this evening. He says he could care less about who runs the country, but the 1,000 Baht he will get tomorrow is more than he makes selling soups all night, so he will join them. A bus will apparently come pick him up in the morning. He says he has to be back in the afternoon to pick up his son from school. I hope he comes back. I told him not to go.

This little protest will cost the Dems a fortune :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My soup vendor just said the same thing this evening. He says he could care less about who runs the country, but the 1,000 Baht he will get tomorrow is more than he makes selling soups all night, so he will join them. A bus will apparently come pick him up in the morning. He says he has to be back in the afternoon to pick up his son from school. I hope he comes back. I told him not to go.

"That's just your words. Where's your proof?"

Three of them just keep posting abject nonsense without providing any shred of evidence. Zero credibility.

Another false dawn...like all the others. Why does he not create a political party and run at the next election

My biggest issue with this protest movement is that they do not respect the people that voted for PTP.

As much as I despise what PTP is, this does not authorize Suthep to set himself up as the savior.

It is only to pay for expenses, as opposed to the 300 baht paid to voters which was pure profit cheesy.gif

It is only to pay for expenses, as opposed to the 300 baht paid to voters which was pure profit cheesy.gif

Who apart from Thaksin has a billion to throw away on paid protestors?

Three of them just keep posting abject nonsense without providing any shred of evidence. Zero credibility.

The funny thing was that Jack asked the same question when someone else posted a "personal experience". Then he comes up with this pearler.

Who apart from Thaksin has a billion to throw away on paid protestors?

Pretty well anyone behind most major companies in Thailand.....

It is called investing in ones future, whoever wins will earn returns on that investment.

Edited by cacruden

The funny thing was that Jack asked the same question when someone else posted a "personal experience". Then he comes up with this pearler.

I know many Thais that will be attending, most are usually non-political and none of them are being paid. But I guess they are not as valuable as a soup vendor, I guess I could believe it if he is paid to provide soup for the masses.

The common folks don't get paid by Suthep, this is indeed nonsense.

There are lots of vendors who make good profits, though. There is also free food and drink at all the major mob posts.

The thugs ("security") are indeed payed 1000 Baht daily. I know this from first hand information. The thugs are only a tiny minority of the protesters.

RT@Aim_NT: Pedestrians, pls be prepared, it will be long. We will stay overnight, unless we win, we won't go home: Suthep

9.18pm 8/12/2013

Oh, then tomorrow is not last day, again...

RT@Aim_NT: I beg tv stations to use ur conscience and fairly consider provide coverage of the Great People's rally: Suthep.

Subtle threatening media as mafia. What a disgusting little man.

The common folks don't get paid by Suthep, this is indeed nonsense.

There are lots of vendors who make good profits, though. There is also free food and drink at all the major mob posts.

The thugs ("security") are indeed payed 1000 Baht daily. I know this from first hand information. The thugs are only a tiny minority of the protesters.

Vendors make profit because the majority of people who decided to join protests by their own things such as whistles, flags and other memorabilia. The majority also prefers to buy their own food.

The thugs or security, whichever term people prefer are paid for doing their job. So there is nothing unusual there.

As for threatening media. Red shirts are ready to set on fire any TV station continuing to broadcast Suthep's statements. Set on fire? Difficult to beat that one buddy.

In the northern city of Chiang Mai, around 150 members of Rak Chiang Mai, a pro-government “Red Shirt” group, marched to the local Thai PBS branch and handed in a letter calling on it not to broadcast Suthep’s statements, which it said were illegal.

Shortly before the march, a Rak Chiang Mai leader warned that the group’s members would set fire to any TV station continuing to Suthep’s statements.

Thailand is ranked 135th out of 179 countries in the 2013 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index.