Condo = cramped quarters where there is no privacy

quiuvo

A studio is a small apt. In USA . Here a condo is the same but euphemistically speaking it sounds great.

I can't get used to the small place where I can't even fart without my girlfriend hearing all the commotion. And all the noise made by our neighbors ...

How can I get used to this environment ? Ignore it? Move, but in bkk houses are expensive to rent. Yes, get out of LOS, but I want to stay here. Suggestions?

Than you are living in the wrong condo building. The noise was the biggest concern I had when moving into my condo in Bangkok, never lived before in an 35 floor building. But the walls are so massive that I hear absolute nothing. Ok it's not a studio it's a real condo. But as I know there are also small apartments here . So maybe you should search for another building?

OP, You don't say whether you are working, or whether you have your own transportation. If you aren't working, why BKK?

BKK is too large and diverse to make this blanket statement, but in most larger areas around LOS a nice smaller house about 15 minutes outside town will rent for the same as a studio downtown. That's not to say your neighbors still might not be noisy, but you will have space.

Also the newer condos seem really small. Some are happy with something that is a bit older, well built and maintained, but with bigger rooms.

OP, You don't say whether you are working, or whether you have your own transportation. If you aren't working, why BKK?

BKK is too large and diverse to make this blanket statement, but in most larger areas around LOS a nice smaller house about 15 minutes outside town will rent for the same as a studio downtown. That's not to say your neighbors still might not be noisy, but you will have space.

Also the newer condos seem really small. Some are happy with something that is a bit older, well built and maintained, but with bigger rooms.

OP Here. What does your question about where I work and mode of movement have anything to do with my OP queries?

As said before....Bangkok is a BIG city (Big Area TOO).....if you go to the outer edges of the BTS (for example I live near On Nut or Udom Suk) ...there are nice areas like Pravet, Bangna where you can rent a townhouse (2 bedroom for less than 15,000 baht a month and houses for 20,000 and up)...That said you may have noisy neighbors or barking soi dogs etc....different living arrangements ....different problems

Good luck though....living in a sneeze box is no fun!

OP Here. What does your question about where I work and mode of movement have anything to do with my OP queries?

Well sir, If you have a job in BKK, then you need to live near it. If you don't work, you have more options.

If you have your own transportation, then you have the option of living a bit farther out where a bigger place is cheaper, off bus lines, etc.

I was just trying to help you, not find out where or if you work. I gave you the options without wanting answers from you. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Well sir, If you have a job in BKK, then you need to live near it. If you don't work, you have more options.

If you have your own transportation, then you have the option of living a bit farther out where a bigger place is cheaper, off bus lines, etc.

I was just trying to help you, not find out where or if you work. I gave you the options without wanting answers from you. thumbsup.gif

Thank you very much,, after reading your interpretation of my writing.

• Like 1

Agree that a condo is better than on the streets, especially since I pay 10K plus. But no privacy.

I don't want to move to a town where I can't even get a pizza or go to food land versus 7-11.

If all you can afford is a 10k apt maybeyou should reTHINK if you should be here.

• Like 1

Agree that a condo is better than on the streets, especially since I pay 10K plus. But no privacy.

I don't want to move to a town where I can't even get a pizza or go to food land versus 7-11.

If all you can afford is a 10k apt maybeyou should reTHINK if you should be here.

555 thank you for your remark. I live in an apt near 10K bath. I can afford maybe more than you get every month!

I love some assumptions people make based on a sentence or two.

555 thank you for your remark. I live in an apt near 10K bath. I can afford maybe more than you get every month!

But you just made an assumption about 555 .... I think its one all so far smile.png

• Like 1

I live in an 8k per month studio apartment in Bangkok and I was convinced I didn't have any neighbors for a long time because I didn't hear them. Then I eventually saw a few in the corridors.

No noise at all. Once in a blue moon I've heard someone up stairs but that's rare and only because he was hammering something I think.

The only time I hear any music, TV or noise is in the corridor or when in the bathroom as the bathroom is adjacent to the corridor but even then it's minimal.

The walls and ceilings here must be good.

Just waiting for some sad case sexpat to make a comment about how that isn't possible in an 8k apartment and I must be living in a slum with a fan next to a motorway eating rat on a stick whilst my neighbors run riot in the corridors.

Waiting....

Other love self-worth response people make based on a sentence or two thumbsup.gif

Can you find a house in bkk for 15K baht per month? I actually live in Nonthaburi now, and the houses in my neighborhood go for 30-40K per month. Maybe townhouses?

And quiuvo - try moving further out from the center, and get a bigger condo/apartment; I got a small two bedroom for 15K, and it's fairly quiet, although the walls are very thin.

But you just made an assumption about 555 .... I think its one all so far smile.png

Maybe

It will be a give and take I guess. I want the location now. Near the heart of bkk, near BTS , near my friends. But a bigger place looks good to me too.

Welll, ummm... 10k condos in the center are working class accomodation.

People can spend up to 30% of their income on accomodation to stay in healthy ratios.

But noisy and small is about par for the course for accomodation of such class in that location.

If you like more space and quiet, then you need to tradeoff convenience - or money.

Look for accomodation near remote BTS stations, there you should be able to find considerably better options.

How can I get used to this environment ? Ignore it?

Yes, and stop being a pussy. Thailand = land of noise. Girlfriend can get use to your farts. She probably does fart sometimes, too, even though she won't admit it. Bigger place won't help: all you're doing is sitting around watching TV and movies or sitting at your computer at home anyway. So you don't need it. But do get out sometimes. You know, take a walk, hit a mall. smile.png

Earplugs, headphones are very helpful. Turn up your TV or music. You'll get used to it.

Other than that, move to a quieter place. Condos usually quieter than apts. Look around enough, you'll find one.

Guess you needed to live in Japan a while before coming to BKK.

Sorted!

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Thank you for the above. I like the 20k condo option.

I do go out every day. To play pool and drink. Shopping mall I just came from pratuman , great place for shopping and sightseen. Other shopping malls I go also. Next time I go to mbk.