Onkyo service in Chiang Mai

damole

Does anyone know where to get service for an Onkyo surround receiver? I bought it form Powerbuy at Airport Plaza but it is out of warranty now. I will try asking them but I thought in the event that they will not service the unit I would ask if there is an official service centre somewhere.

Onkyo service is in bkk...look it up on internet... i tried the one here in CM and they just referred me to BKK... mine went out

and i took a gamble on an electronics whiz who works privately and is a guy who teaches the repairmen for Amorn.

well, long story short, it took him 6 months!! but i got it back THREE days ago and it was all fixed... and for a very reasonable price too.

he says repairs took so long cuz he needed 3 different boards replaced and he had to wait until the dealership

felt like selling him each one as he is not an authorized dealer...whatever... became one of those thai face issues that we

could not press him (according to the wife), so it took its time.

the fact that it was from USA and had different power source (110) and board numbers are different from asian ones did not help.

good luck...

Thanks for the input. I took it to Powerbuy and they took it and will send it away for repair. It was remarkably simple although speaking Thai helps. They said it should take a month. I was very happy with the whole encounter.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app