Thai civic groups ready for long march tomorrow

Lite Beer

BTW Emptyset ----

I know that you and I are aware that this is all the pre-game show for things to come. I base my reasoning more on the main event than anything else. I could understand why some people choose only to look at today.

Suthep says "we have to be firm and restrain ourselves", does that mean restrain ourselves from taking over any more goverment instalations illegally or restrain ourselves from attacking foreign journalists who are trying to report on our subversive activities or is it just in general restrain ourselves form making a big polluted mess of downtown Bangkok while the rerst of the world looks on in dismay shaking their heads and revising their travel plans for this winterrolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2070704717 width=20 height=20>

I really don't think that the rest of the world is even thinking of Thailand other than where to go for vacation.

I will lead the march from the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road to Chatuchak, Sapan Kwai and Victory Monument

my advice, he should walk directly from govt house to klong prem...(alias Bangkok hilton)

Bender, Thailand will have to be put through ardous trail first, however Klong Prem will likely be Sutheps final resting place unless he flees the country.

Can I inquire of you two guys why you think he is so bad? Why you think what he is standing for is so bad? Do you think that ANY current politician is right for this country as they have really NO IDEA of what they are doing... look around instead of through your beer glasses. Comments like you raise are those of failed persons who can only criticize what they themselves are incapable of doing for themselves? too hard to decipher? Write to me I will explain. Maybe what he did was bad. BUT what he is standing for now is very honorable. I don't support either side as it is not my country, but you people seem critical enough to be Prosecutor, Judge and Jury and is it your place to do so? Do you not come from democratic countries? Unfortunately DEMOCRACY is a word used but not practiced here or in much of Asia at all. It seems you cannot see that.

Why can't you see that Suthep is supported by a lot of good people from every walk of life and the whole of the southern poor in South Thailand. The democrats are just supporting them. Good luck to you Suthep. You are a brave and good man.

• Like 1

But you, with your grandstanding, rambling speeches and over blown statements about "the worlds greatest march", are nothing but an opportunist and charlatan. Please, for everyone's sake, go home.

If you want to see 'opportunist' then you should see the photo of Thaksin with Nelson Mandela that was in the papers for no reason whatsoever the other day...Unfortunately they are polar opposites, Mandela representing the best in humanity and Thaksin, well, the exact opposite.

Can I inquire of you two guys why you think he is so bad? Why you think what he is standing for is so bad? Do you think that ANY current politician is right for this country as they have really NO IDEA of what they are doing... look around instead of through your beer glasses. Comments like you raise are those of failed persons who can only criticize what they themselves are incapable of doing for themselves? too hard to decipher? Write to me I will explain. Maybe what he did was bad. BUT what he is standing for now is very honorable. I don't support either side as it is not my country, but you people seem critical enough to be Prosecutor, Judge and Jury and is it your place to do so? Do you not come from democratic countries? Unfortunately DEMOCRACY is a word used but not practiced here or in much of Asia at all. It seems you cannot see that.

Why can't you see that Suthep is supported by a lot of good people from every walk of life and the whole of the southern poor in South Thailand. The democrats are just supporting them. Good luck to you Suthep. You are a brave and good man.

There you have it. Supported by the whole of the south. Big claim but let's leave it there. I think we have the reason why Suthep defiantly reject the option of an election. Knowing fair well the south isn't enough to bring them into power. Well, at least not constitutionally.

• Like 1

"He asked Bangkok people to walk on every street in the capital to let the international community witness the worlds greatest march while provincial people who wanted to join the act of civil disobedience in Bangkok should arrive in the city today."

Ghandi walking across India to reach the sea and defy the salt tax imposed by the British was a great act of civil disobedience. The Jarrow march was a great march, one of protest and emotion, while essentially being non violent. There are many more throughout history that I both know and don't know of I'm sure. What you are doing suthep is nothing compared to these.

Those demonstrating on the streets have genuine grievances and a legitimate right to protest, their demonstrations have had an effect and stopped the "give thaksin anything he wants" amnesty bill. A great achievement and one this corrupt govt finally took note of.

But you, with your grandstanding, rambling speeches and over blown statements about "the worlds greatest march", are nothing but an opportunist and charlatan. Please, for everyone's sake, go home.

go home to what a Taksin one party police state dictatorship My wife many of her friends and family say no to that

There you have it. Supported by the whole of the south. Big claim but let's leave it there. I think we have the reason why Suthep defiantly reject the option of an election. Knowing fair well the south isn't enough to bring them into power. Well, at least not constitutionally.

How can foreigners still call this man a "brave and good man" seeing how he puts up the Thais against foreigners and plays on their xenophobia? He is a dangerous agitator and what many members of TV do not see is how easily this can turn into an "African" situation, where thais will come after them to plunder and kill the foreign scapegoats.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow

RT @Aim_NT: Suthep said foreigners have been sent to spy among the protesters. They might cause chaos, light fire, and frame the protesters

• Like 2

Nothing we say matters at all. That must really choke the punters. We are arguing in an echo chamber.

I pray for Thai people. I encourage them to raise their voice.

I am not taking sides because I have no right to take sides. This is not my country.

Thais will resolve this. Thais will overcome this. Thais will find a way.

None of us will have anything to do with it. We are not Thai, and no amount of money will change that.

Get over yourselves. We are not important here at all.

Spot on.

Nothing we say matters at all. That must really choke the punters. We are arguing in an echo chamber.

I pray for Thai people. I encourage them to raise their voice.

I am not taking sides because I have no right to take sides. This is not my country.

Thais will resolve this. Thais will overcome this. Thais will find a way.

None of us will have anything to do with it. We are not Thai, and no amount of money will change that.

Get over yourselves. We are not important here at all.

Spot on.

And nobody of us gives a damn of their hysterical and histrionic politic games.

Just leave us alone and destroy your own country as you please.

How can foreigners still call this man a "brave and good man" seeing how he puts up the Thais against foreigners and plays on their xenophobia? He is a dangerous agitator and what many members of TV do not see is how easily this can turn into an "African" situation, where thais will come after them to plunder and kill the foreign scapegoats.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow

RT @Aim_NT: Suthep said foreigners have been sent to spy among the protesters. They might cause chaos, light fire, and frame the protesters

Anyone who has followed the protests, and I'm sure the Thais have done so, will know that Suthep refers to the Cambodian intruders they have caught on several occasions.

Now let's talk about how your mate Thaksin regards foreigners . Thai rak Thai, Pheu Thai smile.png

Anyone who has followed the protests, and I'm sure the Thais have done so, will know that Suthep refers to the Cambodian intruders they have caught on several occasions.

Now let's talk about how your mate Thaksin regards foreigners . Thai rak Thai, Pheu Thai smile.png

Not my mate, sorry to disappoint. Could not care less about Thais. Just concerned about foreigners in Thailand.

I have said on many occasions that from my experience and knowledge, Thais were easily prone to xenophobia and racism.

The current xenophobic talks just confirm it. As to Suthep, so far, he is designating a class of the population at large as suspicious. That means that if any of us are spotted near to them, we are at risk.

And no wonder why: it was foreign journalists who called the rioters for what they were: "thugs".

"He asked Bangkok people to walk on every street in the capital to let the international community witness the worlds greatest march while provincial people who wanted to join the act of civil disobedience in Bangkok should arrive in the city today."

Ghandi walking across India to reach the sea and defy the salt tax imposed by the British was a great act of civil disobedience. The Jarrow march was a great march, one of protest and emotion, while essentially being non violent. There are many more throughout history that I both know and don't know of I'm sure. What you are doing suthep is nothing compared to these.

Those demonstrating on the streets have genuine grievances and a legitimate right to protest, their demonstrations have had an effect and stopped the "give thaksin anything he wants" amnesty bill. A great achievement and one this corrupt govt finally took note of.

go home to what a Taksin one party police state dictatorship My wife many of her friends and family say no to that

Believe me, I am no fan of thaksin and I have no problem with people demonstrating against this corrupt and inept govt. I just don't see suthep and his plans for the future as being any better.

As students are starting to rally in larger numbers and people are already arriving at the protest sites for tmw's march it looks as if Suthep may get his 1 million people. The Thai social networks are going wild with many people saying they will be there.

This is the first time in decades that we have seen this level of involvement and commitment from student activists.

Regarding VV's attacks on foreign journos. I abhor that NN got slapped around after arguing with protesters, but to be fair he was also being defended by some of the anti-gov't protest guards. Media intimidation is never right and it has been coming from the government side far more than from the anti-government side over the last month.

JD, I think you may be in for a rude awakening if you really expect a million marchers, I will be quite surprised if the numbers approach 150,000! No doubt the protestors will claim a million no matter what, but aerial photographs will tell the truthwai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1722055545 width=20 height=20>

JD, I hate to say I told you so but it looks like even the most generous estimates put the number of protesters today at close to 100,000sad.png Now it is time for Suthep to turn himself in and face the music along with his crony Abhisitwai2.gif