Kaeng Krachan Track Day 7-8 December 2013

ll2

Having a nice track weekend organized by Superbike magazine.

I am getting better and better every lap.

Superb fun.

Had 4 crashes yesterday and today and one guy crashed today is in bad condition. Hope he will be OK. The guys crashed yesterday is all good fortunately.

Kaeng Krachan track is not about speed. It is a tight and technical track. Cbr500r is perfect for here but need more revs and speed a bit!

Nice bikes all around. Nice people too.

Would like to say thanks for superbike magazine and all staff for organizing this.

Had a little bit chicken strip left but stock rearset is scraping the ground so not allowing me push the bike till the end still all good!

Also bikers rearpegs are superb. It is modular so you can remove the pegs and use it as a hanger.

Having fun man:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13864813548504_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864813725868_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864813891239_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864814149328_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864814380847_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864814610754_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864814986086_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864815192311_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864815492174_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864815691328_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864816033382_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864816285173_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864816505994_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864816717754_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864816946185_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1386481712704_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1386481739862_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864817631592_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864817819559_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864818047292_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Stock rearset is killing me.

Although removed the peg nut for more clearance still scraping.

Maybe it is good for not pushing too much though.

An after rearset is a must for the next track day.

post-184955-13864848287823_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13864849030657_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing some photos :)

Wish you were there guys!

By the way, the guy made the accident in the morning was the organizer of the event:(

He is a nice guy but his condition is really bad they said. Broken bones and a head impact. He hit the concrete wall after sliding on thw ground. He is also a very xperienced rider and i witnessed his accident, it was like out of blue!

But he will wake up fortunately in a couple of months.

I also went out of the track to the grass. God bless honda abs system. It kicked multiple times and keep me standing up. Such a smooth abs thanks honda.

Thanks for sharing some photos :)

By the way, the guy made the accident in the morning was the organizer of the event:(

He is a nice guy but his condition is really bad they said. Broken bones and a head impact. He hit the concrete wall after sliding on thw ground. He is also a very xperienced rider and i witnessed his accident, it was like out of blue!

I also went out of the track to the grass. God bless honda abs system. It kicked multiple times and keep me standing up. Such a smooth abs thanks honda.

Much as I give cudos for track day enthusiasts, I think most know my stance on how dangerous a track Kaeng Krachan is. I was there last year for the first and last time with my buddy and I couldn't believe that there was absolutely no protection from the concrete walls. I rode like a pussy and probably pushing it no higher than 190-200 kph through the left hander off the main straight. I did the Pirelli Track day the next day and actually lost all interest & passion to keep going when guys started crashing themselves into the walls. It just annoys me so much that the owners can't spend money on decent safety barriers and prevent a lot of severe injuries to the riders. Looking forward to Buriam opening next year. :)
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing some photos smile.png

Much as I give cudos for track day enthusiasts, I think most know my stance on how dangerous a track Kaeng Krachan is. I was there last year for the first and last time with my buddy and I couldn't believe that there was absolutely no protection from the concrete walls. I rode like a pussy and probably pushing it no higher than 190-200 kph through the left hander off the main straight. I did the Pirelli Track day the next day and actually lost all interest & passion to keep going when guys started crashing themselves into the walls. It just annoys me so much that the owners can't spend money on decent safety barriers and prevent a lot of severe injuries to the riders. Looking forward to Buriam opening next year. smile.png

Good luck i was hung and couldn't make it to the trackday. But really seems like a dangerous track as a friend of us broke his foot there earlier this year, he also crashed into a wall.

• Like 1

I would contact rsv racing they are here in thailand and their rearsets are just what you need and about 4500 baht.

• Like 1

There are a bunch of rear set manufacturer's out there. Sato, Woodcraft, Gillies etc. You're decision on what is value for money. I run Sato's but they are expensive but very good quality. :)

Good luck i was hung and couldn't make it to the trackday. But really seems like a dangerous track as a friend of us broke his foot there earlier this year, he also crashed into a wall.

Kaeng Krachan does seem to be a dangerous circuit for bikes. I've heard multiple stories of accidents there, some quite bad.

I guess the owners put the concrete barriers there to stop the cars from skidding off into the jungle and sod the bike racers.

By the way Hili, its best to say 'hungover'. 'Hung' means something a little different. See no. 2.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hung whistling.gif

Much as I give cudos for track day enthusiasts, I think most know my stance on how dangerous a track Kaeng Krachan is. I was there last year for the first and last time with my buddy and I couldn't believe that there was absolutely no protection from the concrete walls. I rode like a pussy and probably pushing it no higher than 190-200 kph through the left hander off the main straight. I did the Pirelli Track day the next day and actually lost all interest & passion to keep going when guys started crashing themselves into the walls. It just annoys me so much that the owners can't spend money on decent safety barriers and prevent a lot of severe injuries to the riders. Looking forward to Buriam opening next year. smile.png

now there is protection from that concrete walls. they put some tires there also corrected some poor surfaces. it is much more better now Garry than that time we were there together.

Yes, it is a dangerous track but the accidents happened over the weekend were all out of blue. All about the guys lost concentration or showing power in a stupid way.

i think it is a fun track, not about speed but all about corners where my cbr500r makes sensebiggrin.png

Edited by ll2

Kaeng Krachan does seem to be a dangerous circuit for bikes. I've heard multiple stories of accidents there, some quite bad.

I guess the owners put the concrete barriers there to stop the cars from skidding off into the jungle and sod the bike racers.

By the way Hili, its best to say 'hungover'. 'Hung' means something a little different. See no. 2.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hung whistling.gif

Well in this case "hung" is fitting as well tongue.png

• Like 1

it was fun hili. 3 months later they will do one more there.

Next track day coming up at Bonanza track at Kao yai for Honda riders only on 21st and 22nd of December.

it will be fun bc there will be a Japanese champion coming there to show us the track tricks and explain things besides, they will do a half day workshop on how to fix your bike which is great for me!

never been to Bonanza before so excited. If you have a Honda, just be there!

Took my Ninja 1000 there for a tryout. Met with II2 there.

No way to keep up with all the young lads there with their race prepped machines. Rider too old, bike too new (had just had the 1,000 km service and did not want to redline the bike yet, much to the dismay of my group leader smile.png. Kept my top revs to around 6-7000 which meant I was only touching about 150 kmh on the straights. Power setting was on full with Level 1 traction control. I was also told that the engine will only be able to fully release it's power after about 3-4000 kms?

In any case, my goal was to get used to the bike especially on corners and curves as I will be setting off on a longish journey next week to Chiang Mai and beyond and wanted to test the stock Battleax Hypersport 20 tyres in a safe-ish environment. I got the chicken strips down to what is for me, a relatively respectable level.

post-143305-0-01356700-1386569522_thumb.

Edited by Gweiloman

Took my Ninja 1000 there for a tryout. Met with II2 there.

No way to keep up with all the young lads there with their race prepped machines. Rider too old, bike too new (had just had the 1,000 km service and did not want to redline the bike yet, much to the dismay of my group leader smile.png. Kept my top revs to around 6-7000 which meant I was only touching about 150 kmh on the straights. Power setting was on full with Level 1 traction control. I was also told that the engine will only be able to fully release it's power after about 3-4000 kms?

In any case, my goal was to get used to the bike especially on corners and curves as I will be setting off on a longish journey next week to Chiang Mai and beyond and wanted to test the stock Battleax Hypersport 20 tyres in a safe-ish environment. I got the chicken strips down to what is for me, a relatively respectable level.

attachicon.gifphoto (19).JPG

it was nice to meet you there gweiloman. nice bike you have man.

Fun riding with you and i think you did great. Also it was a nice ride together to Bangkok.

your bike will fully break in and feel better after 3000 km but the change will not be drastic and i dont think so you harm the bike by passing 6000 rpm.

Have a nice ride up to Chiang Mai and dont forget 21st December Honda gathering at Bonanza:) pcx is OK!

Have you found any aftermarket sprockets to play with your engine speed there or on other tracks? Would help your acceleration also.

it has been great for short and tight Kaeng Krachan track but speed is not my main concern for now, it is all about how i handle the corners nicely with my head into the corner.

Have you found any aftermarket sprockets to play with your engine speed there or on other tracks? Would help your acceleration also.

it has been great for short and tight Kaeng Krachan track but speed is not my main concern for now, it is all about how i handle the corners nicely with my head into the corner.

Understand.

Did you also see on cbr500riders that it's confirmed that the 250 rearsets work on the 500?

Understand.

Did you also see on cbr500riders that it's confirmed that the 250 rearsets work on the 500?

no dave, i tried my rearset from cbr250r and it does not work. There is a half cm difference between nut holes so only way is drilling the rearset and opening a new hole on it below the original ones - of course i will not be drilling the chassis!

But, maybe i drill it why not? i was planning to sell all my cbr250 parts as a whole but i might spare the rearset and screw it forever - rearset is expensive though at 5000 something baht so i might think a bit.

no dave, i tried my rearset from cbr250r and it does not work. There is a half cm difference between nut holes so only way is drilling the rearset and opening a new hole on it below the original ones - of course i will not be drilling the chassis!

But, maybe i drill it why not? i was planning to sell all my cbr250 parts as a whole but i might spare the rearset and screw it forever - rearset is expensive though at 5000 something baht so i might think a bit.

Interesting, as the post read as thus:

I don't know if any and all 250r rear sets fit but I did specifically get a response about the Sato Rearsets. Pasting it below:

Correct they will fit! I just sent an estimate to your email. Let me know when you are ready for purchase and Ill take a payment and then special order them to get them a little bit quicker for you.

Brandon Michling

Sales / Customer Service

Sportbike Track Gear

56844 Mound Road | Shelby Township, MI 48316

Phone: 888.784.4327 ext. 214

Direct: 586.935.1214

Email: [email protected]

On 11/16/2013 10:08 PM, Justin C. Tabb wrote:

Can you confirm the Sato Rearsets Honda CBR250R 2011+ from SportbikeTrackGear.com will also work for the CBR500R 2013. I understand they are the same size?

Interesting, as the post read as thus:

I don't know if any and all 250r rear sets fit but I did specifically get a response about the Sato Rearsets. Pasting it below:

Correct they will fit! I just sent an estimate to your email. Let me know when you are ready for purchase and Ill take a payment and then special order them to get them a little bit quicker for you.

Brandon Michling

Sales / Customer Service

Sportbike Track Gear

56844 Mound Road | Shelby Township, MI 48316

Phone: 888.784.4327 ext. 214

Direct: 586.935.1214

Email: [email protected]

On 11/16/2013 10:08 PM, Justin C. Tabb wrote:

Can you confirm the Sato Rearsets Honda CBR250R 2011+ from SportbikeTrackGear.com will also work for the CBR500R 2013. I understand they are the same size?

well, mine does not as the opening between two nut holes on these two bikes are not the same.

so, keep in mind before you pay.

and, i think moth rearset is cool and you can buy in Thailand for 5 -6 thousand something and it fits hundred percent.

• 3 weeks later...

got some updates about the owner of Superbike Magazine and a Pirelli Branch and track day organizer 'Ko' who made a horrible accident on last track weekend Kaeng Krachan track...

He is fine and passed critical condition.clap2.gif

Had a surgery from broken neck but he can walk and he will go for other surgeries on his wrists.

The Pirelli staff at Honda Bigwing Bike Fest recently informed me about these while they were adjusting my air pressure for track as they know me from before.

They said, within 3 months, he will be recovered!

The problem they said the blood clot in his brain but doctors said it will be OK as well.

It was a nice news for me just before the track time, gave me morale and motivation.

Get well soon Ko, we need your good big bike events!

• Like 1