some questions on ko chang if i may...

femi fan

Coming back again for another holiday to the island next weekend. Just wondering a few things:

how's the weather? Any decent sunsets? Is it cool enough in the evenings to need a jacket?

is it packed with tourists?!

I forget what kind of money i get ripped off for when i arrive on the island and have to get one of those songtaews. I'll be heading for klong prao beach. There will be five of us so perhaps i can use it like a taxi, what is a likely price i can get them down to if i'm speaking thai to them?

cheers.

The weather is great, the sunsets have been very nice recently.

There is a little breeze, but not cold IMO.

Certainly busier at the moment , and lots of idiots in the road. Taxis are getting more aggressive, and are pushing prices up. Realistically from the pier to Klong Phrao should be about 80 a person. Now this will depend on how many are in the taxi, as the less the more they want. They are a bunch of crooks to be honest.

If there is 5 of you, I doubt they will take less than 500. I'm a little less up on what they are charging these days as I drive myself.

• Like 1

Good news on the weather. Here in chiang mai it only gets up to about 25 in the day, and is about 15 during the night!

Yes, total crooks, same as in samui, but at least in samui i was always able to walk, but not in ko chang!

Idiots on the road?? They're everywhere! I'll just keep myself to the beach for most of the time.

Thanks for the info.