Redshirts call off Ayutthaya rally

webfact

So as seen as they lost before, who cares if today they saw their right being stomped once again. Fantastic.

While having trouble understanding your fractured phrasing, I have to query the "their right being stomped once again" No rights have been stomped or lost, they are free to vote in the upcoming election, and also have the right to protest should the elected government prove to be as incompetent, corrupt and self-serving as the one just dissolved.

Even a "lime green neutral" should be able to see that.

Edited by JRSoul

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to Thaksin's return to Prime Minister in Thailand, an International Court ruling on the charges of corruption, the leaders in the last coup and the current attempted coup in leg irons and 150,000 sheep returned to their pastures.

Mr. Taksin is that you? Please come back to Thailand asap and receive people's love and admiration.

• Like 2

Looking forward to Thaksin's return to Prime Minister in Thailand, an International Court ruling on the charges of corruption, the leaders in the last coup and the current attempted coup in leg irons and 150,000 sheep returned to their pastures.

Mr. Taksin is that you? Please come back to Thailand asap and receive people's love and admiration.

So as seen as they lost before, who cares if today they saw their right being stomped once again. Fantastic.

While having trouble understanding your fractured phrasing, I have to query the "their right being stomped once again" No rights have been stomped or lost, they are free to vote in the upcoming election, and also have the right to protest should the elected government prove to be as incompetent, corrupt and self-serving as the one just dissolved.

Sorry Professor, I am not an English native, but I still manage to communicate in a decent way.

If what you said is true: why this mob is not ending and people doesn't go home?

Because some scientist is telling them free election are not enough, and is trying to get abusively the power.

How do you think now?

The ICJ are not interested in domestic criminal cases. Thaksin was convicted by a court and has chosen to become a fugitive rather than appeal and fight through legal mechanisms. He's also wanted by the court on many more serious charges, which again he chooses not too fight.

However the ICJ may well be interested in the cases of deaths resulting in the war on drugs and Tai Bak episodes whilst he was in power.

By last coup - do you mean the insurgency of 2010?

Your reference to sheep may show a certain tendency which may require some therapy.

• Like 2

The ICJ are not interested in domestic criminal cases. Thaksin was convicted by a court and has chosen to become a fugitive rather than appeal and fight through legal mechanisms. He's also wanted by the court on many more serious charges, which again he chooses not too fight.

However the ICJ may well be interested in the cases of deaths resulting in the war on drugs and Tai Bak episodes whilst he was in power.

Your reference to sheep may show a certain tendency which may require some therapy.

I have no argument with Thaksin returning - with a nice reception committee waiting for him at the airport in the form of police with an arrest warrant.

On the subject of sheep, one can only presume that he is either Welsh, a New Zealender or someone with a serious problem!!

Collapse. Complete and utter collapse and devastation for PTP.

Yup - surely looks like it, and it feels dam_n GOOD!

Not just this post but all the posts so far on this thread are utter <deleted>. Sent them home from the stadium in Bangkok, not using live ammo, welcoming the protestors with flowers, dissolving the governmentand now going home while the rabble are still walking around Bangkok.

One step in front of Suthep all the way and showing Abhisit and Suthep how to confront an angry mob without shooting to kill

Hello this is Earth calling LaLa Land, Earth calling LaLa Land over!

The reasons the reds have amazingly cancelled is that as Robbie NZ said, there are now legal implications concerning MP immunity, or lack of it and even more simple than that, nobody was going to the red protest. There were no crowds, no tens of thousands to protest, they were all staying at home and sticking two fingers up at PTP.

Thaksin's time is over, he screwed his own people and they are completely aware of it now. What Thailand does now is anybody's guess, but the first thing they need to do is ensure there is ONE law that applies to all people with zero immunity for MP's. The next thing is that any elections must be monitored and observed by the UN to ensure the process is corruption free, that being the case whatever results there are stick.

And as a final reminder for the short sighted that think otherwise. Electing a Government in to place does not give that Government the right to do what it pleases for the personal benefit of it's own MP's and to rape and plunder a nations treasury. It does not give that Government the right to assume it can complete it's tenure without being answerable to those that it serves....the people. If the UK Government had spent the first two years stealing billions of dollars of tax payers money and instilling a power hierarchy based on nepotism and corruption then the people would also have taken to the streets, the Government would be forced out and elections would be called. Winning an election means you have won the honour of working for the people for 4 years, not screwing them over for 4 years. PTP have burnt all their bridges, I am delighted to say. You reap what you sow.

Nicely put. Lets hope that the people of Thailand find a solution that frees them from corruption. They deserve to have a Government that works tirelessly on their behalf and is accountable for it's actions.

Sorry Professor, I am not an English native, but I still manage to communicate in a decent way.

If what you said is true: why this mob is not ending and people doesn't go home?

Because some scientist is telling them free election are not enough, and is trying to get abusively the power.

How do you think now?

Until that eventuates, no rights have been lost, and as of yet I see no way for the protesters to achieve that goal.

Perhaps you should consider the rights of non-PTP supporters who see their tax revenue being stolen and wasted in corrupt policies used to buy the votes of the red horde. It seems that they see the need for responsible government which gives the country what it needs rather than what the the majority want. That is why democracy works with representative government rather than direct voting on every issue.

No responsible government would have given us the rice scam, or the mass buy of tablets without a trial, or suggest HSR without an extensive cost/benefit analysis, or the huge basic wage rise which has sky-rocketed inflation.

Until that eventuates, no rights have been lost, and as of yet I see no way for the protesters to achieve that goal.

Perhaps you should consider the rights of non-PTP supporters who see their tax revenue being stolen and wasted in corrupt policies used to buy the votes of the red horde. It seems that they see the need for responsible government which gives the country what it needs rather than what the the majority want. That is why democracy works with representative government rather than direct voting on every issue.

No responsible government would have given us the rice scam, or the mass buy of tablets without a trial, or suggest HSR without an extensive cost/benefit analysis, or the huge basic wage rise which has sky-rocketed inflation.

We just see things in different ways, but that's ok as long as we keep it civil. ;)

Come with me my sheep (ppl, people) ... I Am Living in a Dream World

- The PDRC and ppl cannot allow the "dictatorship by Majority" ...Suthep.

- From this minute, the Thai people have taken the power back (from govt)! Suthep said.

- what's next. I said that when the ppl have taken back the people, that means the ppl will administrate the country themselves: Suthep.

Not since Monty Python and The People's Front of Judea has there been such a ridiculous voice crying in the wilderness...

Brian: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.

The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!

The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!

Brian: You're all different!

The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!

Man in crowd: I'm not...

The Crowd: Shhhh!

- From this minute, the Thai people have taken the power back (from govt)! Suthep said.

- what's next. I said that when the ppl have taken back the people, that means the ppl will administrate the country themselves: Suthep.

Not since Monty Python and The People's Front of Judea has there been such a ridiculous voice crying in the wilderness...

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!

:o He's out of control...

Suthep said PDRC would summon government officials to report to them. They must choose either the people or Thaksin regime.

PDRC asks people in every province to set up volunteer work force to replace police in keeping peace and order: Suthep.

Those statements are a punch in the stomach of Democracy and someone else that better not involve in political posts.

Feel free to make up for yourself what the ICJ might or might not be interested in to support the Supreme Court of Couper's verdict and other charges. You're in plenty of company here in fact free TVF.

Yes, if the mention of sheep makes you uneasy, there's a bounty of therapists available. Your sins will be forgiven cowboy cowboy.gif

ohmy.png He's out of control...

Suthep said PDRC would summon government officials to report to them. They must choose either the people or Thaksin regime.

PDRC asks people in every province to set up volunteer work force to replace police in keeping peace and order: Suthep.

Those statements are a punch in the stomach of Democracy and someone else that better not involve in political posts.

I would buy him a beer any day if he can shake up the police force even if it's not in a democratic way of getting things done. The Thai police force is the biggest state sponsored crime syndicate in the world.

I would buy him a beer any day if he can shake up the police force even if it's not in a democratic way of getting things done. The Thai police force is the biggest state sponsored crime syndicate in the world.

Thanks, but no thanks.

It's not the way to get rid of problems. Making worse problems, tensions, and disavow Royal Thai Police.

For the other sentence, it speak itself. He sees himself and his claque already Master of Thailand.

It's becoming fruitless to understand some of the fruity rhetoric coming from both sides of the political divide. The current government is/was evidently corrupt. There are members of the opposition who are not a whole lot better, although have not quite reached Dr. Thaksin's levels. A puppet prime minister who neither governs, nor truly understands her role and duties. An opposition who refuse to, or cannot come up with a strategy to win a future election. A country that faces the prospect of choosing between a corrupt government or a badly planned alternative with calls for a volunteer policemen to replace members of the already corrupt police force.

It's true, foreigners don't understand Thainess ... and why should we bother trying to when our opinions or outlook are not even considered anyway?

Good luck Thailand, because you will need it in the months ahead.

Thanks, but no thanks.

It's not the way to get rid of problems. Making worse problems, tensions, and disavow Royal Thai Police.

For the other sentence, it speak itself. He sees himself and his claque already Master of Thailand.

The police is but one ingredient of the overall problem. That said, they are rotten to the core.

Thanks, but no thanks.

The police is but one ingredient of the overall problem. That said, they are rotten to the core.

I am not denying the problem, but Suthep calls is not the solution to that!

Imagine in your country. A speaker from an opposition party rallying for more than one month, be given (partially) what he asked for, then call in his thugs for substitute police... What do you think will happen?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Imagine in your country. A speaker from an opposition party rallying for more than one month, be given (partially) what he asked for, then call in his thugs for substitute police... What do you think will happen?

Whilst I don't believe you're as neutral as you would have us believe (as is the case with us all), I have to applaud your logic here. Suthep's calls for a vigilante police service to replace the official one is moronic. And he's no moron.

Whilst I don't believe you're as neutral as you would have us believe (as is the case with us all), I have to applaud your logic here. Suthep's calls for a vigilante police service to replace the official one is moronic. And he's no moron.

I invite you to read my past posts against red shirts and the Shin clan, just to make you understand I am not keen to either sides.

Indeed some ideas of both of them are good, but they both ruin everything with criminal behaviors and childish tactical mistakes lol.

The red shirt rally was called off because there is no reason to have a rally. There is little to support with the dissolution of the House. At best it is a caretaker gov't.

The work to be done now is getting the vote out. The difficulty for those that want to get rid of the Shinawatra clan is that they now have two reasonably popular people -- Yingluck and the die hard followers of Thaksin. Yingluck has a following of her own. Her brother has a following of his own. Neither Suthep nor Abhisit have developed the same following.

• Like 1

Oh Dear...the poor reds....thaksin cannot give them any handouts for a rally right now as they have to use the funds for the next elections. But be patient reds. They will be giving u Bt 500 or a Bt 1,000 soon for your votes and the lives of your future generations.

In the meanwhile, a lot of TV Members who are red sympathisers can maybe don ur red shorts and go up to the protestsing mobs in Bangkok (whom many of you claim to be a minoirty with no voice) and sound out your views and maybe you guys can also with your wives donate monies from your own pockets for the reds.

You and the rest of the rabid anti red mob on this and every other forum you hijack are pathetic. You all keep regurgitating the same propaganda over and over year after year. Anybody who tries to express a different opinion to you lot gets spammed. Give it a break <deleted>. Both parties give the ppl in the town I live in and everywhere else in the country money for their vote. They then proceed to vote for who they want. To say it is only one side of politics doing this is complete and utter B...S..t.

• Like 2

Oh Dear...the poor reds....thaksin cannot give them any handouts for a rally right now as they have to use the funds for the next elections. But be patient reds. They will be giving u Bt 500 or a Bt 1,000 soon for your votes and the lives of your future generations.

In the meanwhile, a lot of TV Members who are red sympathisers can maybe don ur red shorts and go up to the protestsing mobs in Bangkok (whom many of you claim to be a minoirty with no voice) and sound out your views and maybe you guys can also with your wives donate monies from your own pockets for the reds.

You and the rest of the rabid anti red mob on this and every other forum you hijack are pathetic. You all keep regurgitating the same propaganda over and over year after year. Anybody who tries to express a different opinion to you lot gets spammed. Give it a break <deleted>. Both parties give the ppl in the town I live in and everywhere else in the country money for their vote. They then proceed to vote for who they want. To say it is only one side of politics doing this is complete and utter B...S..t.

If you think you're 'spammed' by TV members please inform the moderators. They really try to stamp out that type of behaveour. wai.gif

Collapse. Complete and utter collapse and devastation for PTP.

Yup - surely looks like it, and it feels dam_n GOOD!

Not just this post but all the posts so far on this thread are utter <deleted>. Sent them home from the stadium in Bangkok, not using live ammo, welcoming the protestors with flowers, dissolving the governmentand now going home while the rabble are still walking around Bangkok.

One step in front of Suthep all the way and showing Abhisit and Suthep how to confront an angry mob without shooting to kill

What!!!

Is your brainbacktonormal yet? I think this response is shock at you're lot taking a hiding!!!

The rabble you talk about are the ones making all the money for Thailand's economy whilst this government then procedes to waste it all on the rice scam in enriching their mates bank balances in the pretence that they are helping the farmers.

Go back to bed in your red village and rest until your brain recovers.

Links to proof of rice scams please. Taking a hiding...stevie boy, we will see who takes a hiding in 60 days. You should go buy some vaseline, I believe it hurts like hell when your dry

and gets banned

Democrats Manifesto for the up coming election... only a few words. "Thaksin is the anti Christ'

There has never been a better chance for the Democrat Party to win an election with one million or more taking to the streets of Bangkok to express their utter disgust at the incompetent, corrupt thieving, lying PTP party. They can win one without the army and you just know they are going to f..k it up by only having one policy...get rid of Thaksin.

There is no more excuses for the Dem/yellow propaganda machine on this forum for why they have not been elected. May I suggest that the losing supporters retire to the gardening thread never to be heard posting on political news again. If its a proper election and Dems wina majority on their own I will never post in a political thread agin until the next election. Have the Peoples Council supporters got the stones to accept the challenge or will they be like their leader Suthep..keep moving the goal posts

• Like 1

Is very true both sides pay for the peoples vote, Not everywhere of course but it does go on and its pretty rampant,Same for the rallys n protests plenty get a kickback to go from both sides.

To suggest one side is less or more corrupt would really depend on who has the snout in the trough more and what opportunities for a little dipping in arises. Of course youd imagine the ruling party would have far more opportunity but that does not mean the opposition would not be in there taking whatever they could if given the chance... And ive no doubt they would.

sometimes the alternative to an apparent bad thing looks far better than the reality is likely to be... this is what things seems to be like at the moment... sure PT are pretty rancid but this Suthep,hangers on and cronies with all these calls for no elections and a ruling committee would be the death of democracy and that has always been proven to be a very very bad option.

Better the devil you know you can sometime remove through election than the devil demanding no freedom of choice at all. I dislike all the corruption but for the life of me find it impossible to see the Democrats as an answer, they have no policy no forethought, no respect for the law and no interest in upholding democracy or free elections just destroying it, That is by far a more frightening prospect than anything I have seen in my time in LOS

Edited by englishoak