New Yamaha spark 115i problems all over

myluckythai

Hi, first of all fogive me if i do not know all proper terms, but i'll try my best to be clear.

My wife bought the new yamaha spark 115i a few months back.

we drove the bike for 1000 km when trouble started. First the ballbearings in the front and the back, driving the chain and in the backwheel, started rattling. this got worse and worse and they found there was almost no grease in between 'm. only 400 km later i heard a rattling sound in the engine.

Went back to the shop and first they tried to tell me this is normal. Not being taken for a fool i said it is not, it's in the cylinder, but agreed to thai customs i guess, and let them have the bike to check/fix the problem.

When i got it back it was still the same. Been back 3 times when the agreed with me that it was a problem in the cylinder. They checked it good this time ( i guess they did not do a lot the previous times) and found that the spring around the pistons was not fitting well in the cylinder and this caused the problem.

Having replaced this ,the problem still wasn't fixed. The piston was just not fitting well in the cylinder and kept making this sound.

Later i found out that this bike has a newly designed engine and all, not the same as the spark nano, and i felt bad a little that i let my wife buy a bike.

I know new designs have often problems they have to fix for later models.

They agreed after 4 weeks of looking and trying, to give me a new one, but it had to be the same type of bike. I reluctantly agreed, at least being happy to get another bike.

The new bike worked fine for about 1000 km.

Then a sound in the engine started. Not the same,and no idea what this was. Also a few hundred km further the same rattling started in the cylinder. then on top of that the gearbox started getting noisy and not shifting smooth anymore.

Then finally the engine started to run at a higher rate at it's own, and not going down between shifting gears anymore, also it stalled a little sometimes making the bike shutter and all shut down at times.

I've had enough and traded it for a Honda wave.

Just a word of hard learned experience. better not buy this one,or at least for a few years untill these problems are fixed.

Edited by myluckythai