Any sat dish with true

nellyp

Hi I have just moved and there is a dish on my roof. I have a true life box I would like to use with it. No picture at all though.

The Signal is at 97% but 0 quality I have no idea about the C------ku stuff (how can I find out?)

frequency is 12438 mhz symbol is 30000KS/s Polarization horizontal No network name 22 KKz is off

DISEqC's are off.

I am assuming the dish could be pointing the wrong way for true but I am getting a great signal. I am in Uttaradit in the north but have no idea which direction my dish is pointing. Any help to get a pic would be appreciated

I was also wondering how much box to receive free channels would be.

That would be Ku band and use small solid dish. For True direction is almost up and slightly to the S/West. There are boxes available from 500 to about 3000 baht and antennas at about the same price for free channels.

The dish is a black mesh one about a meter across. It seems to be pointing west-ish. Will the dish impact on my quality, as it seems to be pointing in the general direction. If I remember it was 260-289 degrees ( I was using an app on my phone)

Can I plug any box into my mesh dish, and do they vary in programmes?

Thanks for the help

Unless dual band (more expensive) the mesh dish would be C-Band and do not believe True receives are available for anything but Ku band (GMM is the normal dual band receiver). Thaicom 5 is at 232.6 degrees true or 234.0 degrees magnetic from your location and elevation of 57.8 degrees.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Unless dual band (more expensive) the mesh dish would be C-Band and do not believe True receives are available for anything but Ku band (GMM is the normal dual band receiver). Thaicom 5 is at 232.6 degrees true or 234.0 degrees magnetic from your location and elevation of 57.8 degrees.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

You are a star, thanks a lot. Any idea how I find out if my dish is dual band? Or even if that is possible.

The collector head in the centre of the dish looks like this

post-7384-0-92660800-1387103225.jpg

At the back there will be one tube with the lnb connected it is C band only

and two tubes and lnb's if it is C and Ku band

My guess is C band only, but can easily be upgraded

However it has to be said that mesh dishes are not so good for Ku band

as the holes in the dish are pretty close in size to the wavelength of the signal

So solid dishes are to be preferred

• Like 1