Honda Wave (Automatic)

sunoco27

Is anyone familiar with the Honda motorcycles that came out in about 2010 or 2011 that are automatic?
It looks like a Wave model but I am not sure of the name.
I would like to know how good they are and any things to consider before buying a nice second hand one.
Possibly they have no power or poor fuel mileage.

Thank You

Anybody knows who the Motorola “mobile phone” distributor is in Thailand? I want to buy some telephones as Christmas presents... The new Motorola Moto G would be perfect as it's not that expensive and is pretty good phone...

Buying one secondhand you should try to hold it back when somebody turns the throttle up, if you can stop it and the engine still revs up... the motorcycle needs service very soon... Anything else is just common sense, look for damage from a crash and signs that they raced with it... (yes even automatic Honda Wave scooters they race) look for special exhaust, tires, etc... anything out of the ordinary or not original...

For the engine itself, Honda Wave engines are nearly indestructible, they maybe outlive us all smile.png

Edited by Richard-BKK

Here is a link to Honda MC prices for 2012.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price_List

The Honda Wave (with gear but no clutch) are extremely strong bikes, possible the strongest bike money can buy.

The FI models can go over 50 km/l which is very impressive.

Power? Well if's a little run about bike with a top speed at app. 100-120 km/h

I owned 4 of them over the years, 3 I bought 2nd hand and never had any problems expect a dirty carburetor which was quickly fixed for 100 baht.

I own auto bikes now (pxc150 and Honda snoppy) and they never give any problems but the snoppy is too small for me but it's my wife's bike anyway.

If it looks like a Wave and is automatic, that is it doesn't have a gear shift pedal on the left hand side it is a Wave110i-AT. Also has a black flash on the transmission on the right.

6_p2200005.jpg

This is fully automatic like a Click. It has CVT. Just twist-and-go

I see no reason they shouldn't be as good as previous models.

If it has a gear shift pedal on the left hand side , it is the "conventional" semi-auto version. It has two automatic clutches. One for driving away from a stop and one for changing gear manually with the pedal. This version is available as a 110cc or a 125cc.

wave110i_button.jpg

Also known as, or derived from, Honda Cub. If looked after they are bomb proof. There are many with over 80,000 kms of use and still OK.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

If it looks like a Wave and is automatic, that is it doesn't have a gear shift pedal on the left hand side it is a Wave110i-AT. Also has a black flash on the transmission on the right.

6_p2200005.jpg

If it has a gear shift pedal on the left hand side , it is the "conventional" semi-auto version. It has two automatic clutches. One for driving away from a stop and one for changing gear manually with the pedal. This version is available as a 110cc or a 125cc.

wave110i_button.jpg

Also known as, or derived from, Honda Cub. If looked after they are bomb proof. There are many with over 80,000 kms of use and still OK.

Hi VocalNeal,

Where did you find the first picture, that was my Honda Wave 110i-AT / neighborhood (moobaan mobile) transport from a few years ago and the picture was shot the day Honda delivered it...

Funny to see my own picture like this :)

6_p2200005.jpg

wave110i_button.jpg

"

This is fully automatic like a Click. It has CVT. Just twist-and-go"

Sorry to inform you, but you are totally wrong here

The wave has an automatic gearbox within the engine cases..a true automatic transmission, whilst the click etc do indeed have CVT....

Totally different in every possible way. thumbsup.gif

EDIT>>>the chain drive alone is an indicator that its not CVT.

Edited by andreandre

The wave has an automatic gearbox within the engine cases..a true automatic transmission, whilst the click etc do indeed have CVT....

Why would you make a totally erroneous statement like that without first researching your material? CVT is a bit of a hobby of mine thumbsup.gif

Wave 110i-AT has a CVT transmission

x6_p2200005.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lzB5l4FB13.

That is why there is NO gear shift lever shown.

Should you be in doubt have a look at Honda's web site http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2012/aphonda-product-list.asp. "click" on AT and you will find it listed in the "AT" section alongside Click, Zoomer, Scoopy and Spacy

Had you had done a bit of research you would have found a picture of the engine which not only has CVmatic written on it but also clearly shows the belt and yes it still has a chain drive.

honda-cub-scooter-CV-Matic.jpg

Q.E.D.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

6_p2200005.jpg

wave110i_button.jpg

"

This is fully automatic like a Click. It has CVT. Just twist-and-go"

The Honda Wave 110i-AT has a bit different Constant Variable Transmission (CVT) which Honda calls the CV-Matic but it still works on a pure CVT principle...

Why would you make a totally erroneous statement like that without first researching your material? CVT is a bit of a hobby of mine thumbsup.gif

Wave 110i-AT has a CVT transmission

x6_p2200005.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lzB5l4FB13.

That is why there is NO gear shift lever shown.

Should you be in doubt have a look at Honda's web site http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2012/aphonda-product-list.asp. "click" on AT and you will find it listed in the "AT" section alongside Click, Zoomer, Scoopy and Spacy

Had you had done a bit of research you would have found a picture of the engine which not only has CVmatic written on it but also clearly shows the belt and yes it still has a chain drive.

honda-cub-scooter-CV-Matic.jpg

Q.E.D.

I am eating a huge portion of humble pie right now..pass another please...

Yes instead of ''googling'' i last year had talked to a guy who bought one and he told me as i repeated to you...

He and consequently I were wrong.

Appologies..wai.gif

Anybody knows who the Motorola “mobile phone” distributor is in Thailand? I want to buy some telephones as Christmas presents... The new Motorola Moto G would be perfect as it's not that expensive and is pretty good phone...

Isn't it Motorola that was bought up by Google? I seem to remember 12 months ago existing models were being sold off cheap, and that they were no longer being marketed in Thailand, so no distributor any more.