Help needed.

ABCer

Please help!

Bought an iPad Air at the airport in Australia.

Brought it to Thailand (I live here).

Downloaded Windows 7, 64 bit version of iTunes on my PC.

Created Apple ID (this is my first Apple device).

Now, trying to open an account with iTunes.

STOP!

My billing address shows Thai residential address. My credit card is from Australia.

According to iTunes it is not a valid card for Thailand... and here we go on a merry-go-round...

Drives me nuts! Am I the only human being living in Thailand and using Australian cards? Since when VISA card is valid only in the country of issue? Crazy stuff!

Please, help. wai2.gifbah.gifcheesy.gif

Oh, yes, be detailed and precise, as I am an alien when IT is concerned. Sorry...

Either open a thai itunes account and use a thai card or open a aus itunes account and use the card you have

Thanks, 2008bangkok.

My only real address is in Thailand. My two only real credit cards are from Australia. I have here two pocket cards (Bangkok Bank and SCB) but neither of them is suitable for iTunes, as they aren't credit cards.

Does this mean that my Billing address will be phony? Wouldn't bother me, but facepalm.gif ??? why ??? would iTunes care where I live if my Visa and e-mail address are both legit?

It seems to me their major concern should be only with (1) getting paid and (2) getting in touch with me on my e-mail. My residential address could be at the North Pole with Father Christmas...

Anyway, I'll try your advice and give those SOBs some phony address in Aus. coffee1.gif

Either open a thai itunes account and use a thai card or open a aus itunes account and use the card you have

Thanks, 2008bangkok.

My only real address is in Thailand. My two only real credit cards are from Australia. I have here two pocket cards (Bangkok Bank and SCB) but neither of them is suitable for iTunes, as they aren't credit cards.

Does this mean that my Billing address will be phony? Wouldn't bother me, but facepalm.gif ??? why ??? would iTunes care where I live if my Visa and e-mail address are both legit?

It seems to me their major concern should be only with (1) getting paid and (2) getting in touch with me on my e-mail. My residential address could be at the North Pole with Father Christmas...

Anyway, I'll try your advice and give those SOBs some phony address in Aus. coffee1.gif

If the billing address you give them doesn't have what the bank/card issuer has as your billing address (as recorded on your credit card statement), it will be rejected as a mismatch.

Another alternative is to use paypal if that's a payment option on iTunes. Paypal accepts multiple billing addresses.

Another option is to open an account with no billing info then sort it out.

To create with no billing info just sign out of the store pick any item that is free then it will ask you to create appleid fill out the details and when it comes to payment options there will be an option for none at the end.