Getting a green book for bike bought without one

paul1970

Yeah, It's stolen and you are the recipient of some poor sod's bought and paid for bike. Well done.

BTW The REAL owner can sue you for complicity to theft (somcop). Big no no here entailing a prison sentence.

Just go to the DLT office & they will do an imprint off the engine & the frame. Then you will know if it is a hot bike. The auctions are the least place to purchase a bike especially without a green book. I have had 2 buddies get burnt & had to sell the bike for scrap & parts because the system is to tough to get it booked. Not saying it is swiped but you are in for 60,000-80,000 (depending on the size CC's )for the book & another 20-25,000 for the emissions testing. That is If & that is the huge part. IF you can even do the paperwork this way anymore. Since they stomped on letting people buy the parts & assembling them & titling them with the new numbers. It can most likely be done but prepare to pay for the extra grease to get the book. The extra will probably be over the book & the emissions cost. That way it would still be a gray book meaning very close but not a total legal green book. I hope you got it real cheap!

Good luck!

Cheers, will have to see if the auction house on Chayapruk will take it back as it sounds too much hassle for a scooter that was under 10k and deffo don't wan't the hassle if they sold her a stolen one.

Hell just talk to the auction house first. Maybe they can get the book for you or have the paperwork laying around somewhere. But at least you are not in for a real major loss either way. I am not certain about how it all works with scooters....But if it was 3 years out without paying the registration you would still need to get a new green book for it. Ask the house for advise. Then if it doesn't work out see if they will refund your money. If it isn't hot they may not return your funds & you will just have to pay the baht fine for lack of paperwork if you keep it.

I got a bike from auction via a dealer. The bike was originally owned by a finance company that re-possessed the bike and then sold it at auction. There was a greenbook when the bike auctioned and the bike did have a Bangkok plate. It took 5 weeks to get the green book transferred into my name and a new plate for Chonburi. The dealer did all of the paperwork and running around. Yes, he had to provide imprints of 4 serial numbers off the bike, along with the auction receipt.