GBP to THB related links only

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a list (10 Google pages) of Evans-Pritchard's raving and ranting just on EU and the €UR, a clear proof of my claim above.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=evans-pritchard+on+euro&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

A "clear proof" that you know how to search the web using google, nothing more, readers will form their own views on the value of the content and hopefully, not merely accept your word as gospel, on all matters financial!

But my question remains, you have almost never supplied published sources of contradictory or alternate opinion, regardless that the subject matter is not specific, the discussion is centered around a well understood central theme and we all understand that.

i never claimed that my word is gospel and of course i don't submit "sources" which continously publish unsubstantiated but biased gloomy opinions and forecasts which turn out to be wrong. there's ample evidence that Evans-Pritchard is one these sources.

fact: the gloom&doomers of the last 5 years were wrong and missed the boat of doubling or even tripling their holdings during that period. sooner or later they might be right because even a broken clock shows twice a day the correct time. but in the meantime the moderate optimists "made hay because the sun was shining".

You show a lack of respect for the wishes in the OP and for other posters by interjecting your own dialogue, nine times thus far in this thread without posting a single link to add value! The intent of this thread is for people to post links to related material and for readers to form their own views on the value of its content, or, not read it, as they so choose. I don't think it's a requirement that all authors and articles must be totally unbiased, nor is it a requirement that all content meet with your personal approval!

Now, may we please return to the intent of this thread, if we are unwilling to do that perhaps the OP will consider having it closed down.

chiangmai, you are not able to understand Naam's dialogues. In a nutshell, he says to collect "GP to Thai Baht related links" is a waste of time. It's the same as if somebody starts a thread, asking how much will be one m² on the moon .. and only links? If Naam would answer: this is a nonsense thread, you would say,

You show a lack of respect for the wishes in the OP and for other posters by interjecting your own dialogue,

His answer (not containing any link) is an answer. Wouldn't it be a contradiction in terms if he would add a link facepalm.gif

BTW, if you had followed his posts you would already know his opinion. It's better to ask a soothsayer for exchange rates int the future than the so called experts.

I think he is completely right. There are too many unpredictable political and economic factors influencing the exchange rates. Only 2 examples for the highly paid boys

- how many "experts" predicted the 2008-crisis (with the consequences for the exchange rates)?

- how many "experts" predicted the current Bhat exchange rate in January 2013?

• Like 1

Puk

& the rest

I didn't ask for any opinions in my OP precisely for the same reasons you and naam state ie that its useless discussion and in my opinion only serves to distract from what I find interesting which is news updates.

If you see no purpose or use in neither news or discussion then what on earth are you guys wasting your time for hanging around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

here's a list (10 Google pages) of Evans-Pritchard's raving and ranting just on EU and the €UR, a clear proof of my claim above.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=evans-pritchard+on+euro&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

A "clear proof" that you know how to search the web using google, nothing more, readers will form their own views on the value of the content and hopefully, not merely accept your word as gospel, on all matters financial!

But my question remains, you have almost never supplied published sources of contradictory or alternate opinion, regardless that the subject matter is not specific, the discussion is centered around a well understood central theme and we all understand that.

i never claimed that my word is gospel and of course i don't submit "sources" which continously publish unsubstantiated but biased gloomy opinions and forecasts which turn out to be wrong. there's ample evidence that Evans-Pritchard is one these sources.

fact: the gloom&doomers of the last 5 years were wrong and missed the boat of doubling or even tripling their holdings during that period. sooner or later they might be right because even a broken clock shows twice a day the correct time. but in the meantime the moderate optimists "made hay because the sun was shining".

You show a lack of respect for the wishes in the OP and for other posters by interjecting your own dialogue, nine times thus far in this thread without posting a single link to add value! The intent of this thread is for people to post links to related material and for readers to form their own views on the value of its content, or, not read it, as they so choose. I don't think it's a requirement that all authors and articles must be totally unbiased, nor is it a requirement that all content meet with your personal approval!

Now, may we please return to the intent of this thread, if we are unwilling to do that perhaps the OP will consider having it closed down.

chiangmai, you are not able to understand Naam's dialogues. In a nutshell, he says to collect "GP to Thai Baht related links" is a waste of time. It's the same as if somebody starts a thread, asking how much will be one m² on the moon .. and only links? If Naam would answer: this is a nonsense thread, you would say,

You show a lack of respect for the wishes in the OP and for other posters by interjecting your own dialogue,

His answer (not containing any link) is an answer. Wouldn't it be a contradiction in terms if he would add a link facepalm.gif

BTW, if you had followed his posts you would already know his opinion. It's better to ask a soothsayer for exchange rates int the future than the so called experts.

I think he is completely right. There are too many unpredictable political and economic factors influencing the exchange rates. Only 2 examples for the highly paid boys

- how many "experts" predicted the 2008-crisis (with the consequences for the exchange rates)?

- how many "experts" predicted the current Bhat exchange rate in January 2013?

I care not what herr naam may or may not think on any subject, the intent of this thread was to exchange articles on economics relating to the economies of Thailand and the UK for people to learn and form their own views relative to exchange rates - for what ever reason some people seem determined to ensure this is not possible and it's really odd behavior although you'd probably need to see the deleted posts to appreciate that fully. As for predictions/exchange rates et al, I really don't give a toss, that almost has nothing to do with the subject.

"""" House prices in the UK rose by the biggest amount in more than four years in December, according to mortgage lender Nationwide. It measured a 1.4% increase in the month - its best performance since August 2009 - leaving annual growth in the year to December at 8.4%. The surge, Nationwide calculated, raised the average house price to £175,826 but London continues to outperform the rest of the country. Prices in the capital are now 14% above their 2007 peak with the price of a typical London home at £345,186. The North of England remains the weakest performing region though each region achieved growth in the three months to the end of December. The latest data will further fuel concerns that the second phase of the Government's Help To Buy scheme is only likely to raise prices but it appears it is helping the construction industry that was hammered by the financial crisis. Official figures have shown that new home-building boosted Britain's construction industry in December. It reported its second-fastest month of growth in more than six years - although it was slightly lower than the previous month. Construction PMI fell to 62.1 in December from November's reading of 62.6, the index's highest level since August 2007. And the upward trend looks set to continue. The number of people attempting to get on the property ladder using the Government's Help to Buy scheme has trebled in the last two months. """" -sky news app An often repeated claim here is that we need a housing crash to make prices affordable and so adress the housing shortage- but actually such a crash would be accompanied by a servier tightening of credit so even if prices halved, most people still wouldn't be able to afford homes with no loans available and no new homes would be built for decades with out deregulation of standards. The reason so few homes are built these days (other than planning restrictions) is because of all the regulations and green standards to be met mean the price to build is huge in the UK. "Affordable housing" has barely any money in it, which is why the cost has to be offset by allowing at least 80% of most developments to be more upmarket. To get mass homes built needs either significantly higher prices supported by even cheaper credit, or deregulation of planning and standards. I see no reason what we couldn't have a permanent "help to buy" scheme" supported by government money QE'd in to the system- (currently 20% of a homes value, but why not 50% or more?) with rather than interest starting at over the BoE interest rate after 5 years as at present , it could be a 30year fixed rate of 1% or even 0% + repayment; one deal like this for a persons main residence (not investment). This would be the best for economy and working people. If anyone happens to know the PM you can pass along my details for more great ideas wink.png (The above post is a contribution to the bla bla bla and chit chat nonsense some would like this thread to be all about) Regards Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

'

Those who missed out on London property prices have always got some meandering rationale or other.

I care not what herr naam may or may not think on any subject, the intent of this thread was to exchange articles on economics relating to the economies of Thailand and the UK for people to learn and form their own views relative to exchange rates - for what ever reason some people seem determined to ensure this is not possible and it's really odd behavior although you'd probably need to see the deleted posts to appreciate that fully. As for predictions/exchange rates et al, I really don't give a toss, that almost has nothing to do with the subject.

bullseye! exchange rates et al have nothing at all to do with a thread titled

"GBP to THB related links..."

av-11672.gif

Nam, are you related to Ed Balls ?

Can I clarify, do you mean that alleged professional who is renowned for sitting in Parliament and, given only the smallest opportunity, heckling ministers and making childish outbursts in the course of a debate - the same senior figure who wiggles his finger at speakers as if to imply he might be under-endowed, merely to try and detract from the debate - the same older senior figure who has a speech impediment, is a purported expert yet is nearly always wrong on the big issues and is unable to focus on the business of the day, thereby disrupting the entire parliamentary process and disallowing others from making progress, is that the one you refer to?

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

i enjoy referring to people who claim that "GBP to THB related..." have "nothing to do with exchange rates" and then try to divert from the subject with totally irrelevant and utmost lame comments instead of a fair and square mea culpa.

Puk & the rest I didn't ask for any opinions in my OP precisely for the same reasons you and naam state ie that its useless discussion and in my opinion only serves to distract from what I find interesting which is news updates. If you see no purpose or use in neither news or discussion then what on earth are you guys wasting your time for hanging around here? Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

mccw, when you have read and interpreted the content of all these links whould you please give us a short summary. Maybe I have to change my mind, maybe not.

I'm not a big fan of Max Keiser although he does have put an interesting slant on things in this video - the more interesting and relevant part starts at 12:30 where Liam Halligan sets out his views on the British economy and all it entails:

I'm not a big fan of Max Keiser although he does have put an interesting slant on things in this video - the more interesting and relevant part starts at 12:30 where Liam Halligan sets out his views on the British economy and all it entails:

Max Keiser had a previous occupation as a stand-up comedian. So no change there then.

Max Keiser had a previous occupation as a stand-up comedian. So no change there then.

he gave up the comedian job because nothing he said was funny. his present occupation with RT is that of successful comedian. he'd be even more successful by selecting a less ugly partner tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

""""

Britain can afford to increase the amount its lowest-paid workers earn, the Chancellor has announced.

George Osborne said an above-inflation rise in the national minimum wage - currently set at £6.31 an hour - would "secure a recovery for all".

He has not revealed how much the wage could increase by, although he said it would need to rise by more than 10% to £7 an hour to match improvements to the economy.

"""

- excerpt from sky news app

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Id sooner the BBC and main stream media were full of Max Keisers who have actually worked in industry and know the inner workings of it then suits like Robert Peston and the like who have gone from Oxford PPE straight into some cushty job in journalism through his well connected father .... And then just spout out whatever the Labour or Tory head office wants them to.

Keiser just shows how corrupt the system is and that its tun by clueless fools like Dave and Gideon who he mocks constantly, what is not to like about that?

Id sooner the BBC and main stream media were full of Max Keisers who have actually worked in industry and know the inner workings of it then suits like Robert Peston and the like who have gone from Oxford PPE straight into some cushty job in journalism through his well connected father .... And then just spout out whatever the Labour or Tory head office wants them to.

Keiser just shows how corrupt the system is and that its tun by clueless fools like Dave and Gideon who he mocks constantly, what is not to like about that?

Would that be the same Max Keiser of Russia Today (so clean as a whistle there) who wants to support George Galloway's run for Mayor of London in 2016?

Edited by SheungWan

I am more interested in the exchange rate than Max have to admit and I eagerly await the coming week as the violence in Bangkok seems to be smouldering. Who can these mysterious bombers and gunmen be who incidently never seem to get caught? Then on the other hand another fugitve who evades arrest can apparently lead a rally all round Bangkok and not one of the many policemen there see him or are in a position to make an arrest! What a strange world.

Edited by nong38

I am more interested in the exchange rate than Max have to admit and I eagerly await the coming week as the violence in Bangkok seems to be smouldering. Who can these mysterious bombers and gunmen be who incidently never seem to get caught? Then on the other hand another fugitve who evades arrest can apparently lead a rally all round Bangkok and not one of the many policemen there see him or are in a position to make an arrest! What a strange world.

The convicted fugitive evading arrest has a name: Thaksin Shinawatra, but he is running things on his Skype account. The mysterious men in black were located on a roof and found to be serving policemen. This week the baht and SET are up from previous lows. The hoo-ha continues.

• Like 1