Hair Cut

chicoelnino

Even if they speak English you don't always get it cut the way you like. The last time I went to the barbers I said I wanted it cut like Brad Pitt and he practically shaved it off! When I told him that Brad Pitt never has his hair cut like that he said "he does if he comes here".

Very good-thanks for the belly larfs laugh.pngclap2.gifsmile.png

Next to Neramit tailor shop is a good Thai barber but no English. What is wrong with speaking Thai?

Nothing wrong with it Dante and great if you can but some of us find it hard to learn sad.png

And if you say the right words to the barber, it is likely you will not understand his response, and may still come out scalped, because Thai hair grows fast and he wants you to have value for money!

GF's son has haircut 4 times for every one time for me- must put manure on it I reckon! biggrin.png

Dante99, on 14 Dec 2013 - 10:05, said:snapback.png

Next to Neramit tailor shop is a good Thai barber but no English. What is wrong with speaking Thai?

"Nothing wrong with it Dante and great if you can but some of us find it hard to learn" xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

I think too lazy is more like it, it is not that tough to learn enough to have fun and useful communications.

No worries, the Immigration Department will soon require a minimal ability to converse in Thai for annual extensions based on marriage or retirement.

Dante99, on 14 Dec 2013 - 10:05, said:snapback.png

"Nothing wrong with it Dante and great if you can but some of us find it hard to learn" xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

I think too lazy is more like it, it is not that tough to learn enough to have fun and useful communications.

No worries, the Immigration Department will soon require a minimal ability to converse in Thai for annual extensions based on marriage or retirement.

You got me- I am lazy, but I do also find it hard. Which may be why I am lazy etc etc

New news on renewals-when is 'soon' and what is 'minimal ability'- I guess you have read this up somewhere?.

And the plan is to put out those that cant demonstrate 'minimal ability'??!! Could be a mass exodus then. Or only those on Ed visas who never go to class?

Or is this a divine comedy,Dante?

Go to Suthep road opposite side to all the Hospitals just past Wat Suan Dok there are a good few shop with lots of staff and never had a bad haircut - (in my opinion lol) during the day they are not that busy so no dicking about maybe only 10 - 15 mins for the cut!

I prefer going to a dentist than a hairdresser so this is a real recommendation

hmm....the dentist tells you to "open wide" and the hairdresser asks you if you want it "teased" or "blown"

I prefer the hairdresser

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

I've been using Nat for several month's......best Ive found in 11 years..............JR

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/650233-recommended-barber-in-cm/

Posted 2013-07-01 08:18:17

Sunshine Barbers - In old city, Soi 5 Ratchadamnoen Road - not far from the Wawee Coffee restaurant - female barber (Nat) who is excellent - more of a hair stylist than a straight barber, She is English speaking and mainly caters for farangs. Her prices are a bit higher (still only 150B for a cut!) but as someone else in this thread said - What you get is what you pay for. The price reflects the level of service.

There may be some in this forum who have wondered what happened to Nat. She was the barber in the new complex just inside Thapae Gate. She had 3 months break and has just reopened in the new location.

• 4 months later...
eyecatcher, on 16 Dec 2013 - 01:00, said:
scotinsiam, on 15 Dec 2013 - 19:49, said:

hmm....the dentist tells you to "open wide" and the hairdresser asks you if you want it "teased" or "blown"

I prefer the hairdresser

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/433502-full-service-barber-shop/

Have you been going to man's man barbers? Go to any salon where they cut women's hair.

Tried this many years back and it does work for me. Men are not attentive enough to work on what really looks good. Well, some are, but you can find them in the ladies salons as well.