Recommended barber in CM

neronimo

after 3 extremely bad haircuts by thai hairdressers/barbers, I am now too scared to go and get another haircut!

I think there was a post not so long ago on this forum, I've tried using search on the forum, but it hasn't come up with anything of use...

do you have any recommendations please?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair Cut , at the end of Nimmanhaemin soi 15 near the Chiang Mai Flora hotel is excellent. Print out a picture of what you want and tell him. Also if you only want a hair cut not the washing let them know it won't be as expensive.

post-131333-0-04297300-1372580323_thumb.

There is a barber shop down near Chiang Mai Gate, on the intersection that leads back into the old town, just around from the market. There is a small one way system before it becomes 2 way. Like a previous post, take a photo of what you want. Average haircut 60 baht.

I get a flat top and all was good from first visit. never go anywhere else now.

There is a barber shop down near Chiang Mai Gate, on the intersection that leads back into the old town, just around from the market. There is a small one way system before it becomes 2 way. Like a previous post, take a photo of what you want. Average haircut 60 baht.

I get a flat top and all was good from first visit. never go anywhere else now.

suppose thats why you wear that bonnet all the time.

There is a hair salon I recently discovered that is very good. Coming from the city in the direction of JJ Market it is on the right side before you reach JJ Market (just next to where all the bars are). Can't recall the name just now but it is the only hair salon in that area and a rather large, busy shop. 80-120 THB for men's hair styling.

There is a hair salon I recently discovered that is very good. Coming from the city in the direction of JJ Market it is on the right side before you reach JJ Market (just next to where all the bars are). Can't recall the name just now but it is the only hair salon in that area and a rather large, busy shop. 80-120 THB for men's hair styling.

Half way up soi 2 Moon Muang is a barber that does a good job for me - 60 baht. About 30m past the Half Moon Bar on the opposite side of the soi.

Sunshine Barbers - In old city, Soi 5 Ratchadamnoen Road - not far from the Wawee Coffee restaurant - female barber (Nat) who is excellent - more of a hair stylist than a straight barber, She is English speaking and mainly caters for farangs. Her prices are a bit higher (still only 150B for a cut!) but as someone else in this thread said - What you get is what you pay for. The price reflects the level of service.

There may be some in this forum who have wondered what happened to Nat. She was the barber in the new complex just inside Thapae Gate. She had 3 months break and has just reopened in the new location.

Half way up soi 2 Moon Muang is a barber that does a good job for me - 60 baht. About 30m past the Half Moon Bar on the opposite side of the soi.

The place I mentioned is a hair salon for both men and women where they do a hairstyle as opposed to a buzz cut. I mentioned it because most "salons" in Thailand charge around 150-200 in Chiang Mai (like Airport Plaza - minimum 200) and as much as 500 or more in the big mango. 80-120 Baht is a good price if you want more than the clipper cut.

so, I finally made my choice out of all the recommendations above and I chose Sunshine Barbers,

as I sat down in the hairdressers chair before the hair cut, I have to admit that I was wondering if this would be bad haircut number 4!

but I needn't have worried as Nat is a lovely person and a great hairdresser, the haircut was one of the best, if not the best I've ever had in chiang mai

the shop also does nails too, if your into that sort of thing

thank you to lamemjay!

post-182231-0-18636300-1372756000_thumb.

post-182231-0-35033700-1372756007_thumb.

Been using this guy as well for 12 years, mind you I get the bald man's buzz cut (no styling required). Also he is a top-notch human being!

Been using this guy as well for 12 years, mind you I get the bald man's buzz cut (no styling required). Also he is a top-notch human being!

Does he do a good job with a razor? A real (bald) man's cutsmile.png

Does he do a good job with a razor? A real (bald) man's cutsmile.png

As a matter of fact he is good with a razor as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to be of service neronimo and rod2011 - I'm glad you found Nat at Sunshine barbers to be as good and as professional a men's hairdresser as I have.

I went back for my second hair cut at Sunshine barbers and it was as good as the first! mee khwam sook!

If you want a bog standard cut, then pay a bog standard price.

Lets face it 150B is about $5. In Australia I would have to pay $25 to $30 for only half the level of service that this lady gives. I'll happily pay 150B and more to get a decent cut, not your "bog standard" Thai job.

Last Friday 9th it was 150 baht.

I went at the end of July and she charged me 200 baht,

I was going to mention to her that it says on Thai Visa that the cost of a cut is 150 baht but I didn't bother...

it was a good cut but maybe I'll go somewhere else next time, I don't like being overcharged

Archived