Any Aspired people to do productionS of comedy in Samui?; Improv, acting, writing, music...

Need something to do?

I've shot-, directed-, produced-, edited- or written the idea to way over thousand programs and I'm sensing that there's people on the island who would like to get a hobby that eventually “could perhaps” even create some coin for its makers.

As everyone knows, global audience can nowadays be reached from any corner of the world. Network of 5-10 people know most of the westerners on the island – the islanders know people from all over the world... Basically if something is funny or written and done greatly, it can become BIG..

I would want see what a hobbyist group living on the island could come up with? I've got HD-camera (other one would be needed), editing software /-talent and directing skills on top of plenty of ideas of a concept and how to manage easy going productions.

BUT are there people out there who are interested in participating; Acting, writing, providing “studio kind of” location, sponsoring (remember, product placement is allowed on the web), having equipment, talent or ideas etc.? Write a line here or to my email; PLEASE USE PM FUNCTION. and let me know what you could bring in to the table. It is absolutely never too late to jump into entertainment business!

Interested people, young and old, men and women, could gather for brain storming around Christmas – New Year time and see if the idea could get any/some lift. smile.png I will collect suggestions and send interested parties information as it piles up.

Edited by Rooo
Format & private Email removed as per forum rules.

it happens often, people are shy of their talent. Any talent show running out there proves you this! This is not a talent show or anything similar, its an idea to goof around and see if similar minded people can goof enough to come up with something that would interest others... Naturally it is going to be work in progress, practice, ideas, improvising, etc.. No one will lose face over this as nothing that isn't a wrap is not going see a daylight... Unless you`re cool with it.

If you got the aspiration to do this thing that requires nada investment on your behalf, maybe helps you to work with your insanity - what`s there to lose? Jump in with something -anything, Moaning in your corner won`t makes things different.

I KNOW i CAN DO IT - IS THAT A APPROACHING CAR?

You survived Samui . Now survive Your mind

If there´s enough same minded people, I`m willing to put in these famous extra miles to see if we can make something work...

Just a thought.

Most people who live here are working in businesses related to the tourism/restaurant/bar business areas.

This is their busiest time. They do not have a moment spare to share.

On a more personal (and tongue in cheek) note - most artists that I have met here are piisss artists. (Just joking - but I do know one or two).

But what about things like work permits? Can any one perform without one? ... just a thought!

Most people who live here are working in businesses related to the tourism/restaurant/bar business areas.

dam_n sure a few of the regular posters on the Samui etc. sub forum could entertain a crowd but doing it 'on call' as it were, is a different matter.

This would not require work permits as it would be amateur theater kind of hobby.

indeed a lot of people will be busy. This gathering would be to smell and taste the idea. Casual bar kind of meeting with some brain storming to see people and find out what kind of / if any times would be good for "productions"... Busy people can`t really therefore participate but those with time in their hands, inspiration and any talent mentioned could come up with a entertainment ideas, perhaps a short Saturday Night Live kind of jungle version - squeezed in 5 minutes, and have fun at the same time..

The end product would be on video and posted on YouTube(and similar sites) which does pay per collected views (if we are talking hundreds of thousands and more). Sure beginning will be rocky but it is a thought...

But as said its an pending idea - spit balling here does help take the basics to further level... smile.png

Edited by PoorSucker
fixed quote
  • Like 1

People are slipping out of the "safety zone". :) I bet one and two -liners are more well spent in some humor section of the forums. Tell your inner humorist that it would be cool to see what this project could be all about - shape, size, age, brand, sex or other no-sense really matters -It is that little "mentalist" in your head that holds you back. Just say; "yeah baby"...

post-92199-0-29756100-1387255003_thumb.j Presents (for example)...

Sketch topics just top off my head:

Samui Hunger games.

Winter Olympics in jungle..

Guy would make faces describing what other people are talking about - The Expressionist

Joke Fiesta (perhaps those fine one- and two liners)

News - that fell short

Pitching in this kind of ideas would perhaps be more creative at this early stage than those one liners... You know what I´m saying wink.png

attachicon.gifSamuiJungleTeam Logo.jpg Presents (for example)...

Sketch topics just top off my head:

Samui Hunger games.

Winter Olympics in jungle..

Guy would make faces describing what other people are talking about - The Expressionist

Joke Fiesta (perhaps those fine one- and two liners)

News - that fell short

Pitching in this kind of ideas would perhaps be more creative at this early stage than those one liners... You know what I´m saying wink.png

Sorry no idea what you are talking about.

Bit of a comedy club with a five minute slot. I'll give it a crack I guess.

I had a girl friend name was Dawn she always told me I would have to get by the crack of Dawn.

I once had a girlfriend named Doris...

She had the most amazing xxxxxxx....

Give it a rest SamuiDude.... Mindless humor is the best that most of us can offer....

Edited by Rooo

But what about things like work permits? Can any one perform without one? ... just a thought!

dam_n sure a few of the regular posters on the Samui etc. sub forum could entertain a crowd but doing it 'on call' as it were, is a different matter.

This would not require work permits as it would be amateur theater kind of hobby.

indeed a lot of people will be busy. This gathering would be to smell and taste the idea. Casual bar kind of meeting with some brain storming to see people and find out what kind of / if any times would be good for "productions"... Busy people can`t really therefore participate but those with time in their hands, inspiration and any talent mentioned could come up with a entertainment ideas, perhaps a short Saturday Night Live kind of jungle version - squeezed in 5 minutes, and have fun at the same time..

The end product would be on video and posted on YouTube(and similar sites) which does pay per collected views (if we are talking hundreds of thousands and more). Sure beginning will be rocky but it is a thought...

But as said its an pending idea - spit balling here does help take the basics to further level... smile.png

Has this been confirmed by someone in authority or is it just in your own head ?

• Like 1

Thailand Work Permit Thai Work Permit Application

Would you be working? It is as much input as you would be doing in a Rotary Club meeting, football practice or teaching kids to sail for pro bono ---

hobby vs. work. Ask any Thai lawyer office if hobby needs a work permit ( if you doubt)? If someone posts that funny sailing incident or soccer practice to YouTube and makes some coin, does it make a work? No. - It makes it brilliant luck! wink.png

Edited by SamuiDude

Thailand Work Permit Thai Work Permit Application

Would you be working? It is as much input as you would be doing in a Rotary Club meeting, football practice or teaching kids to sail for pro bono ---

hobby vs. work. Ask any Thai lawyer office if hobby needs a work permit ( if you doubt)? If someone posts that funny sailing incident or soccer practice to YouTube and makes some coin, does it make a work? No. - It makes it brilliant luck! wink.png

Hmm not sure what point you are trying to make here, but let us look at reality.

Working has nothing to do with being paid here in thailand. Paid or unpaid bears no relationship for the need for a WP.

Charity work - working.

Rotary club meetings - not working

Supervising/teaching football practise - working

Teaching kids sailing - working

Lifeguard on a beach - working

Your post is a little bit naive.

However, there is also a reality check. Lots of things happen in Thailand that require a work permit (WP), but if they are of benefit to the community (lifeguard, volunteer tourist police, Samui rescue etc) then no one will ask to see a WP.

How do I know this? I asked the deputy mayor of Samui specifically about WP's on one of the above. His reply was that if anyone ever made an issue about a WP in these particular cases - he/she would be out of a job.

As we all know, in Thailand, there is the letter of the law, and then there is the spirit of the law. The spirit of the law is the most important of the two.

(I was told this whilst attending a course on 'the law for foreigners in Thailand'. The course was given by judges and teachers of lawyers.)

So ask yourself - 'is what I am doing of benefit to the local community'? If yes, then talk to a Thai in a senior postion. Or you will need WP's. If no - you definitely need WP's.

By the way - pay a Thai lawyer enough money and he /she will tell you whatever you want to hear. (from my personal experience.)

Reality aside - I wish you good luck in your venture - but do not underestimate the need for correct documentation here - it could prove expensive.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

!Charity work - working.

Rotary club meetings - not working

Supervising/teaching football practise - working

Teaching kids sailing - working

Lifeguard on a beach - working

Your post is a little bit naive."

- Something I did for my own "hobby" back in a day for six months (did not stop asking for WP)... Interviewing actual Mayor wiith the assisted Thai help to give some info for the islanders about what is cooking on the island...?

Surely (lets call it project name) "Samui Jungle Team" would hit the target of helping the island: promoting it to the outside world. We surely could take this the long way, but I assure you I do have the "Spirit of the Island". I would not have lived here over 10 years otherwise and it would work as the "auto editor".

Sorry I didn`t bring all this to the table from the beginning (I didn`t see it neccessary) because I wanted to start something fun, new, perhaps refreshing from an open table. Something that most certainly doesn`t hit the feelings that we know are the most valuable. I was banned big time from here when i produced the news and was gone for a long time. Thanks for the "good-bad deed"...

i still feel, this is a case of fun, absolutely will benefit the community and Samui at some stage, for sure it it kicks off - and it does not require Working Permit... smile.png

Edited by SamuiDude

By the way - pay a Thai lawyer enough money and he /she will tell you whatever you want to hear. (from my personal experience.)

In a general sense the same can be said about most everyone but they don't charge.

A little story which is on topic though a tiny bit tenuous.

Friend of mine who has not been here long is being a little bit nuts by people never turning up and when they do, things are nothing like they should be. Most regular poster on here have just become accustomed to it ...?... but for noobs it can be a real shock.

• Like 1

I want to add that after I finished doing SamuiNews incident happened whih everyone remembers:

Many people wanted to rock me but I still went on and made this video to respect one the big hearts of the island. Without the video

Taiwan Martin, Joe`s brother and few other people would have not realized what kind of personality he was on the island. Plus it is a

proof and memory for the people who want to respect Big Joes memory - as long as Google servers run.

"Spirit of the Island" will be guaranteed, Tropicalevo - rest assure.

Then there was that awkward silence - reflection to the point of no more mocking points, weakness or something else to go about?? Why must everything be shot down before it can eventually be picked up and repaired..?

That`s why I left it out my details in the beginning. I wanted to see if there´s an honest bunch willing to try something new around here. There`s few people interested but as this is 100% open call, stop doing the regular sarcastic-comedy posting style and see if you have it inside you?? This could be fun!!?? Ideas will fly and so will good will - said Will... mmmmmmm