Alternative to PayPal for receiving website payments

BuffaloRescue

I'm a Paypal user since 2011 but I love giving out a list of alternatives to anyone who seek for help...

So Western Union and Payoneer are the best to try. However, if you need a bunch of alternatives, this list might help you figure out which merchant account/service is good for you/your business.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair... companies like PayPal have HUGE problems with fraud. They have to be very vigilent.

Try opening up a "proper" internet merchant account youll need up to $10,000 security deposit held at all times.

And in some countries/banks you need a large security deposit for each currency you want to accept.

I agree with you, but it was their choice to go into this kind of business, holding someone's money for 6 months is wrong no matter what angle you look at it.

Hmm

But what if you suspect they have been doing something dodgy? Like putting a load of orders in to their own wesbsites using stolen credit cards. Or flogging dodgy merchandise? They need to protect themselves. Anyone can open a paypal account in a few minutes and start selling online

Actually I really like PayPal. But some customers dont. So we need to have Paypal + other option on our sites

Why wouldnt they like paypal. It cost the customer nothing and offers them good protection. Of course the vendor does have to pay.

I can understand why a lot of people don't like Paypal. As far as I'm concerned, they are about the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with.

I can warmly recommend Paysbuy.com

Thaivisa has used them for many years without any issues. A few times we had to contact support and we found it easier to deal with them in Thai language rather than in English. Professional staff in my opinion.

Incoming funds gets deposited to company account every 2 weeks, but they can do different deals depending on your needs.

A big plus: With Paysbuy you can accept payments via 7-Eleven and Tesco-Lotus in Thailand.

I have looked at the english version of paysbuy and do not see anything about buyer protection? Do they offer this.

Heres is some interesting stats....from paypal....Personally in Thailand my alternative for receiving funds is bank transfer.....or c.o.d.

PayPal has 137 million active registered accounts and is available in 193 markets.

PayPal supports payments in 26 currencies including: U.S. Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Taiwan New Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc, Czech Koruna, Swedish Krona, Danish Krone, Norwegian Krone, Hungarian Forint, Mexican Peso, Philippine Peso, Malaysian Ringgit, Chinese RMB, Israeli New Shekel, Pounds Sterling, Brazilian Real, Polish Zloty, Thai Baht, Turkish Lira, Japanese Yen and Russian Ruble.

PayPal has localized marketing websites in more than 80 markets around the world.

PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. with offices in Timonium, Md. Its European headquarters is in Luxembourg and its international headquarters is located in Singapore. PayPal has operation centers located in Berlin; Chandler, Ariz; Dublin and Dundalk, Ireland; near Omaha, Neb.; Petaling Jaya, Malaysia; Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Shanghai, China. PayPal has development centers in Scottsdale, Ariz; Austin, Tx.; Chennai and Bangalore, India; Singapore; and Tel Aviv, Israel.

PayPals international business generated $840 million in revenue in Q3 2013, and international revenue grew at a rate of 19% year over year.

For the eighth quarter in a row, PayPals international revenue represented more than half of PayPals total revenue, at 52%.

PayPals net Total Payment Volume, the total value of transactions in Q3 2013 was $44 billion, up 25% year over year on an FX neutral basis.

Merchant Services net Total Payment Volume was $31 billion in Q3 2013, up 30% year over year on an FX neutral basis.

Merchant Services net Total Payment Volume as percent of net Total Payment Volume was 70% in Q3 2013.

On eBay net Total Payment Volume was $13 billion in Q3 2013, or 30% of net Total Payment Volume.

PayPal transacted $5,580 in Total Payment Volume every second in Q3 2013.

PayPal customers made 729 million transactions in Q3 2013, or almost 8 million payments every day.

PayPal maintained a very low loss rate of 0.30% or approximately one third of 1%.

What you need is a real merchant account (and ideally more than one so you have redundant backups and overlapping payout schedules). As long as you cover your chargebacks or disputes (and we get maybe 4-5 a year out of 10k transactions), they won't just suddenly 'Paypal freeze' you. I know, sometimes it's easier said than done here in the LOS.... but if you have anyone in your business or organization.... it can even be an overseas family member. Just have them process your payments for you from a country (US/UK/AUS) with hundreds of credit card processors trying to get your business (even if you are unincorporated and operating as a sole proprietorship) like dogs in heat. If people are checking out through a website you own, you can easily make it seamless enough to where they don't even notice where you are processing your payments from.

• 2 weeks later...

What countries are you trying to sell to on your website ?

Paypal is a pain , but since it is linked with ebay you need to use it ,

But I am not sure what is the best to use on Etsy or websites like that if you are a seller ,

Many people worldwide are scared of buying from Thailand and nearby countries , that is just how it is and they need some way to think their money is "safe" when buying,