Moo bahn communal service charge

Adequate rate should be

(Cost of Administration & Maintenance + 15%) divided by total sq wah of land owned in estate.

The 15% is for building up an emergency fund for contingency, eg. flood prevention, repair or replace pumps, filters,etc.

• Like 1

How does one compare Baht/annum between developments? Facilities vs size of development will determine a reasonable rate.

Just like the taxi fare being shared between 2, 3 or 4 passengers.

Agreed, I will check the whole size out, the pool is very nice, small park for kids and fitness room is nice if you like cardio machines. Seems clean although haven't seen any cleaners. Where we stay at the moment has an army of street sweepers every day. Trying to find out the rate where we are renting at the moment.

How does one compare Baht/annum between developments? Facilities vs size of development will determine a reasonable rate.

Agreed, I will check the whole size out, the pool is very nice, small park for kids and fitness room is nice if you like cardio machines. Seems clean although haven't seen any cleaners. Where we stay at the moment has an army of street sweepers every day. Trying to find out the rate where we are renting at the moment.

The only thing to watch out for is an overkill of maintenance. This usually happens when buying into a new development where the developer is still building and selling houses (further phases) and will spend more than necessary to keep a good impression of the estate for viewing by potential buyers.

• Like 1

The only thing to watch out for is an overkill of maintenance. This usually happens when buying into a new development where the developer is still building and selling houses (further phases) and will spend more than necessary to keep a good impression of the estate for viewing by potential buyers.
Right, this place has all sold and is established for about 5 years or so, run by committee of owners, just found out it's 40 baht per sq wah here per month. Then again this place is a bit posh so I would expect it to be more expensive. The new place has been around 8 years but like you say, still run by the developer.

What if it is a mixed complex with houses plus condos. The condos are based on sq meters the houses or sq wah..big different and doesn't seem fair?

It is a matter of accounting, splitting common cost pertaining to the whole estate (eg. facilities like pool, gym, playground, security, clearing rubbish, general street and ground lighting, landscape,etc) and those pertaining to each condo block (eg. lifts, roof tanks, alarms, cleaning common area inside of condo building, etc.)

The common cost of the whole estate would probably be shared on the basis of number of households in the estate, and the cost of each condo blocks be shared by owners of that block.

Do not forget that owners of landed properties have to pay out of his pocket for maintaining his own property, eg. repair roof and fence, maintain garden, repainting his house, etc. on top of paying his household share of common fees.

What if it is a mixed complex with houses plus condos. The condos are based on sq meters the houses or sq wah..big different and doesn't seem fair?

It is a matter of accounting, splitting common cost pertaining to the whole estate (eg. facilities like pool, gym, playground, security, clearing rubbish, general street and ground lighting, landscape,etc) and those pertaining to each condo block (eg. lifts, roof tanks, alarms, cleaning common area inside of condo building, etc.)

The common cost of the whole estate would probably be shared on the basis of number of households in the estate, and the cost of each condo blocks be shared by owners of that block.

Do not forget that owners of landed properties have to pay out of his pocket for maintaining his own property, eg. repair roof and fence, maintain garden, repainting his house, etc. on top of paying his household share of common fees.

When you say share common costs.

180 condos - 3 condo buildings(60 in each)

30 villas ( good size)

How would you share.

The villas take up about 50% of the complex , and about 25% in terms of overall sq meters.

Is there any rule in the condo act.

Thanks

30 villas ( good size)

How would you share.

The villas take up about 50% of the complex , and about 25% in terms of overall sq meters.

Thanks

I have already mentioned the fair basis of sharing cost of common items in the estate - by number of households.

Say, pool, gym and playground would have been more enjoyable when shared by only 30 households compared with 210 households...

Proportion of land ownership is but a minor issue, and indirectly, the condo owners have an enjoyment of less density due to the villas. There would be a difference if you have to share the estate with a further 3 blocks of condos...biggrin.png

30 villas ( good size)

How would you share.

Thanks

I have already mentioned the fair basis of sharing cost of common items in the estate - by number of households.

Say, pool, gym and playground would have been more enjoyable when shared by only 30 households compared with 210 households...

Proportion of land ownership is but a minor issue, and indirectly, the condo owners have an enjoyment of less density due to the villas. There would be a difference if you have to share the estate with a further 3 blocks of condos...biggrin.png

Thanks.

I was quoted roughly 30, 000 per year. Sounded a bit steep to me. 84 Talang Wah.

That is marginally cheaper per Talang Wah than what I pay in an established moo baan without a pool and fitness in Pattaya - but only 50 odd homes.

I guess you are renting but if you were looking to buy I would suggest asking how many houses are not paying and what the state of the overall finances are like.

I was quoted roughly 30, 000 per year. Sounded a bit steep to me. 84 Talang Wah.

That is marginally cheaper per Talang Wah than what I pay in an established moo baan without a pool and fitness in Pattaya - but only 50 odd homes.

I guess you are renting but if you were looking to buy I would suggest asking how many houses are not paying and what the state of the overall finances are like.

I checked it out and apparently everyone pays 5 years at one time and the place has been there 8 years and they just use the interest on the principle sum to maintain the place. Interesting concept. The original people have never paid after the 5 years and everything seems ok. However the estate is still run by the development company at the moment and I only can go by what they told me.