I drove my car into Cambodia.

crocken

Last week i was returning to pattaya from Udon Thani and went thru Prasat near Surin and thought i would try to drive my car into Cambodia.I have asked before and they say "no can not take car into Cambodia."

So here is how to do it,at the chong chom border near surin.

Get stamped out of Thailand then cross to customs and give copy of passport and blue car book and they fill in some papers and i gave her 100 baht.Then drive car thru border into no mans land and then pay US$20 for Cambodian visa.Then cross to Cambodian immigration and get stamped in.

Then you are suppose to stop at another place to get final permission to enter Cambodia but i'm not sure if you need to stop there as they keep all your car papers and expect some big money,i just sat and waited and waited and then picked up my papers and said thank you and jumped into my car and took off into Cambodia.

4 hour drive to Siem Reap on hwy 6 good road,then after doing the Angkor Wat thing.

Went home via hwy 6 to Sisophon then left there to hwy 5 to Battanbang.4 hour drive.then right on to hwy 57 for 88 klm nice road trip to Pailin and then cross back into Thailand at Pong Nam.we just pulled up at the gate and they opened it and we drove straight thru to Thailand then had to go back to check out of Cambodia.

So if you ask then they will say no because they want you to use mini bus and they are too lazy to fill in the papers but if you give a 100 baht they do it.

http://youtu.be/9J3R2jgbscU

• Like 1