DAAD chairwoman Thida mocks Suthep's 'Elite Council' proposal

webfact

Of course the rich élite are worth a lot more they pay more tax so poor people are not worth anything not even a vote.

I understand that this is sarcasm, but just wanted to point out that it is more likely that the elite DON'T pay more tax than that they do. This is true in the USA, and I'd be pretty surprised if it were much different in Thailand. I am speaking of course in terms of percentage of income and including all taxes including sales tax, etc.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Thida might be a good choice for PM, if and when PT wins the upcoming election. She's smart, tough, well spoken, mature, and has great political instincts. Yingluck would probably be happy to be relieved of the responsibility. The strain is really taking its toll on her.

(Cue howls of derision from the Thaksin Must Die Brigade.)

To propose Thida as a prospective PM just shows the huge lack of talent available. She would quite probably make a better PM than Yingluk or Chalerm (who wouldn't), but faces one big problem in attaining goal number one, Thaksin's amnesty, because it would also include her husband. Not that conflicts of interest have deterred PTP.

Upon listening to my wife explain Suthep's proposals, I found them eerily similar in scope to the rants of Hitler. Seems this guy wants everything his way and anyone that is non-Thai (not pure?) is causing the "problems" for Thailand. Scary that any people listen to this nationalistic rot.

Thida is a Thaksin paid stooge

Standard line from the Thaksin hater's.

I support change, I support new elections, I support democracy, I support one man one vote.

Suthep the oxygen thief supports himself, his mates, his bank balance, and the idea that Thai people from the north are not equal to those from the south, Talk to your Thai wife/gf, she will tell you the same thing, Thai people from the south look down on any other Thai people and not the same, so how could Suthep form any kind of FAIR PEOPLES COUNCIL??? he wants an elite council at the cost of democracy, and Mark needs to take the dems too the elections and the people of Thailand will tell all who they want as the government...

For 500 baht what opinion would you like? The Thaksin method.

All right my in-laws took 100 Baht from PTP and they took another payment from CPT and as well from BJ which paid 300 Baht.

All in all they took 600-700 Baht from political parties, didn't worked that day and actually had a joke that PTP are stingy. Who did they voted for? PTP ? In many districts PTP even didn't needed to pay any money as the Democrats didn't fielded any candidates.

PTP will win, let the government for the first time invite international observers to the February election which Suthep and Anhisit rejected last time.

The Democrats are going down the hill in the next election.

Maybe PTP will loose some votes too but PTP voters are not going to vote for the Democrats but they will vote for the parties from the past. I think CTP might get a large vote count as in the last election and so will be BJ. Northern and Northeastern will vote Central or Northern parties linked to the demographics.

If PTP want to win even bigger they can merge BJ and CTP into one party and they will clean up 65% of the vote due to the Democrat Party actions in the past and Comrade Suthep.

This is Thailand nothing will change.

I would welcome if Suthep can introduce his 400 member People's Council and everybody can go home because the 300 people directly appointed will include a lot of looser's (by Looser's I mean they come in for the power). Suthep has always been power hungry and not for nothing they call him the godfather of the South.

Edited by MobileContent

... the rich élite are worth a lot more they pay more tax...

Citation needed.

On the basis that there are only a couple of million income tax payers in thailand, including foreigners I think you might find that foreigners contribute more than most thais.

Maybe you talk about 20-30000 foreigners which have a large income of over 500,000 Baht a month. You have at least 100,000 Chinese Thai's all over Thailand that make 15 million Baht per month or more. The farmers have a way of not paying taxes and so do the rich Thai's.

When Thaksin came into power another company I was working for finally paid taxes. All the other years including under the Democrat Party my farang boss just gave an envelope and a few bottles JW and our books were audited in two days. Under Thaksin everybody paid taxes, remember and even my boss paid taxes promptly and millions of Baht.

I am paying more taxes every month then most Thai's see on their pay cheque, but who cares, if we work and make money here we should pay taxes. I have paid millions of Baht in income taxes in this country and it is still cheaper what I pay here as in the West.

• Like 1

Standard line from the Thaksin hater's.

I support change, I support new elections, I support democracy, I support one man one vote.

Suthep the oxygen thief supports himself, his mates, his bank balance, and the idea that Thai people from the north are not equal to those from the south, Talk to your Thai wife/gf, she will tell you the same thing, Thai people from the south look down on any other Thai people and not the same, so how could Suthep form any kind of FAIR PEOPLES COUNCIL??? he wants an elite council at the cost of democracy, and Mark needs to take the dems too the elections and the people of Thailand will tell all who they want as the government...

For 500 baht what opinion would you like? The Thaksin method.

All right my in-laws took 100 Baht from PTP and they took another payment from CPT and as well from BJ which paid 300 Baht.

All in all they took 600-700 Baht from political parties, didn't worked that day and actually had a joke that PTP are stingy. Who did they voted for? PTP ? In many districts PTP even didn't needed to pay any money as the Democrats didn't fielded any candidates.

PTP will win, let the government for the first time invite international observers to the February election which Suthep and Anhisit rejected last time.

The Democrats are going down the hill in the next election.

Maybe PTP will loose some votes too but PTP voters are not going to vote for the Democrats but they will vote for the parties from the past. I think CTP might get a large vote count as in the last election and so will be BJ. Northern and Northeastern will vote Central or Northern parties linked to the demographics.

If PTP want to win even bigger they can merge BJ and CTP into one party and they will clean up 65% of the vote due to the Democrat Party actions in the past and Comrade Suthep.

This is Thailand nothing will change.

I would welcome if Suthep can introduce his 400 member People's Council and everybody can go home because the 300 people directly appointed will include a lot of looser's (by Looser's I mean they come in for the power). Suthep has always been power hungry and not for nothing they call him the godfather of the South.

Interesting. Some complain that the Democratic party is too much from the past and here we read Pheu THai voters will vote for parties from the past!

Furthermore how can Pheu Thai merge BJ and CTP into one party? Do those belong to (Thaksin thinks) Pheu Thai (acts) ? Back to TRT, an enormous party with bought into it other parties? No wonder people start to like the idea of reform and maybe even election postponement to get that reform.

As for loosers, well plenty of them. The poor people of Thailand, most of those 65 million.

Upon listening to my wife explain Suthep's proposals, I found them eerily similar in scope to the rants of Hitler. Seems this guy wants everything his way and anyone that is non-Thai (not pure?) is causing the "problems" for Thailand. Scary that any people listen to this nationalistic rot.

It amazing - the amount of people who post here who are so familiar with Hitler's speeches. So familiar they can readily spot similarities.

Must be many history dons and buffs among the members.

I think Thida might be a good choice for PM, if and when PT wins the upcoming election. She's smart, tough, well spoken, mature, and has great political instincts. Yingluck would probably be happy to be relieved of the responsibility. The strain is really taking its toll on her.

To propose Thida as a prospective PM just shows the huge lack of talent available. She would quite probably make a better PM than Yingluk or Chalerm (who wouldn't), but faces one big problem in attaining goal number one, Thaksin's amnesty, because it would also include her husband. Not that conflicts of interest have deterred PTP.

Apart from that she ain't a Shinwattra. The boss will want a family member in there. That's it. Not negotiable. If not little sis, then another family member will do. But not an outsider.

Howls of laughter more like.

I have 2 master so i get 800%?

Thaksin is obviously one of then, who is the other ?

ho ho ho

If Thaksin were one of my masters I would not have had to spend a decade getting those degrees coffee1.gif you did mean 'them' not 'then' I hope - you're obviously not an English Grad giggle.gif

Edited by binjalin

Citation needed.

Not just the amount of tax you pay. Education level should be incorporated in to the voting system using an exponential system

Eg. Educated less than or equal to secondary school = 50% vote.

Bachelor Degree from non famous university = 75% vote

Bachelor Degree from Chula, Thamasart, overseas = 125% vote

Master = 400% vote

pHd = 1600% vote.

BAs from overseas - you think all overseas universities are equal? Have you heard of Degree mills?

And the number of PhDs who lack intelligence, practicality and common sense .....

Incidentally, Wiki says Suthep went to "Middle Tennessee State University". I'd never heard of MTSU, but Forbes ranks this "university" as #607 overall (out of 650). This would score Suthep a 75-125%, but because he's of a Dear Leader rank, this boosts him to 5,000,000% (same as his claimed turn-out for one demonstration - as if !).

BTW, Thaksin fares slightly better on this scorecard ..... I know of his Alma Mater because it's across the state to me in Texas.

Anyway, the Elites would never agree to "Education level" as a differentiator .... those pesky plebs might study hard and get degrees too, and then where would We be?!

Let's be honest - the Elites would prefer ranking by Family names (they would never let their off-spring marry commoners, so could regulate the riff-raff more easily). And even more points for titles like Lady, Dame, Knight, Lord etc (or whatever the Thai equivalents are).

Anyway, I hope you were being sarcastic, like moi ... not even Lee Kwan Yew attempted things this crazy in Singapore. LKY seemed semi-despotic, but even he had a sense of fairness and decency drummed into him at Cambridge (which does deserve 10,000%). Abhisit went to the other place, so minus 100% for his ilk.wink.png

Thaksin ! Thaksin ! Thaksin !..................Are you people brain dead, no matter what, your only answer is Thaksin....duhhhh. How about seeing a medical practitioner to see if your brain can be re programmed. Just tell him that you cannot see beyond Thaksin even though he was out of Thailand years ago. Please do get some medical help. Thaksin Thaksin Thaksin.................duhhhhhhhhh !

Edited by oldsailor35

Of course the rich élite are worth a lot more they pay more tax so poor people are not worth anything not even a vote.

I understand that this is sarcasm, but just wanted to point out that it is more likely that the elite DON'T pay more tax than that they do. This is true in the USA, and I'd be pretty surprised if it were much different in Thailand. I am speaking of course in terms of percentage of income and including all taxes including sales tax, etc.

Not only USA mate, it happens everywhere.

Citation needed.

Not just the amount of tax you pay. Education level should be incorporated in to the voting system using an exponential system

Eg. Educated less than or equal to secondary school = 50% vote.

Bachelor Degree from non famous university = 75% vote

Bachelor Degree from Chula, Thamasart, overseas = 125% vote

Master = 400% vote

pHd = 1600% vote.

You re jocking right? Cause i know many phd holders who doesn t understand sh t about politics or are disconnectex or the reality. And educated do not mean against corruption

Thats thorough BS.

I live in the South in a Yellow stronghold and the payment for a vote has always been 500 baht. So too my Southern gfs 2 previous locations.

Where did this crap that only the Red Shirts buy votes start?

Probably here.

"If you can't accept the one-man one-vote system, I would like to ask you to ponder whether you think some groups of humans are more valuable than others," fair point I'd say

Fair point indeed.

But clearly different groups of humans are more valuable than others. Would a 'random group of 10' highly skilled doctors have more value than a 'random group of 10 unskilled workers'

I guess it depends on how value is defined and by whom.

In Thailand you are neither born nor do you die an equal (in value?) to your peers

It's relative value isn't it ? I'd certainly prefer a benevolent dictator to the squat they call democracy here.