Suthep to face court on January 8

Lite Beer

2010 POLITICAL VIOLENCE
Suthep to face court on January 8

BANGKOK: -- The Attorney General's Office has set January 8 as the day for anti-government rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban to report in connection with the political violence in 2010.

Suthep initially was scheduled to report to Court on December 12, the same day as Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva who is facing the same charge.

Suthep however had his lawyers request a postponement, saying he was busy with leading anti-government demonstrations against the Yingluck government. Suthep asked for a postponement to January 16.

Spokesman for the Attorney General’s office Nunthasak Poonsuk said a working group on the matter agreed to the request and decided to postpone it until January 8, as allowed by the rules which allow a postponement of up to 30 days.

"Khun Suthep is requested to report on January 8 at 10am. His lawyers have been informed and promise that he will appear before the Court," the spokesman said.

Abhisit has already been charged with murder in connection with the 2010 political violence. He was freed on bail. The pre-trial hearing has been set for March 24

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-16

• Like 1

I tend to think he could become extremely busy and unable to attend on that date but perhaps as he schedule becomes less hectic he'll be able to attend after he becomes installed as the new Director General of the PDRC of Thailand at which point he will be able to grant himself a pardon!

• Like 1

Right. I cannot appear in court to face anarchy charges because I am busy in the streets stirring up anarchy.

Anarchy. 55555555. . You're funny. Why yes, Thailand is just falling into total disorder. Utter chaos, death and destruction everywhere you look. Honestly, the drama queens among the shin-rouge... But yes, the thaksin amnesty bill WAS a monumentally bad idea. So call me when S follows your dear leader's example and hauls a$$ to Dubai or somewhere...

Stop biting your nails, put away the anti-depressants for a moment, and tell me something. Are you all just envious of Suthep's success in leading these protests, or is it the almost non-existent possibility of him ever being PM that's keeping you up nights? Whichever. Turn your back on Thaksin once & for all, and six months from now no one will remember Suthep's name.

I'm sure he will show up, no shopping trips or visits to distant cities planned.

Perhaps he will be a lot meeker after he sees the execution of dear Chalerm?

I been wondering who is at the centre of malfeasant disinformation in Thailand. Your name is climbing the list fast.

No you can't be number one Suthep is already there.clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Right. I cannot appear in court to face anarchy charges because I am busy in the streets stirring up anarchy.

Anarchy. 55555555. . You're funny. Why yes, Thailand is just falling into total disorder. Utter chaos, death and destruction everywhere you look. Honestly, the drama queens among the shin-rouge... But yes, the thaksin amnesty bill WAS a monumentally bad idea. So call me when S follows your dear leader's example and hauls a$$ to Dubai or somewhere...

Stop biting your nails, put away the anti-depressants for a moment, and tell me something. Are you all just envious of Suthep's success in leading these protests, or is it the almost non-existent possibility of him ever being PM that's keeping you up nights? Whichever. Turn your back on Thaksin once & for all, and six months from now no one will remember Suthep's name.

Thailand needs Suthep like Syria needs Al Qaeda. Suthep and his backers have no time for a government that is loyal to Thailand and it's people. Suthep's people are said to want him to provide open access to the feeding trough.

That any reader of TV can put their faith in a man that claims to be running a personal anti corruption commission when allegedy he is Thailand's legendary figure in the business of facilitating corruption for elite sponsors, is very disturbing for one that dreams of peace and prosperity for the Thai people.

Edited by indyuk

Bloody right as well.I wish these so called politicians,would grow up and start working for the good of their country,instead the good of their own ego's and pockets.

Edited by phitsanulokjohn

Thailand needs Suthep like Syria needs Al Qaeda. Suthep and his backers have no time for a government that is loyal to Thailand and it's people. Suthep's people are said to want him to provide open access to the feeding trough.

That any reader of TV can put their faith in a man that claims to be running a personal anti corruption commission when allegedy he is Thailand's legendary figure in the business of facilitating corruption for elite sponsors, is very disturbing for one that dreams of peace and prosperity for the Thai people.

'Can easily substitute Thaksin for Suthep in everything you've said. The DIFFERENCES are that Suthep is as yet unconvicted of and unsentenced to anything, is NOT hiding from the law in some penthouse suite a few thousand miles away, and NOT likely to ever be a serious contender for PM. By obsessing over Suthep, rather than the successful protests he's been leading, and by spending all your time on your knees at the temple of Thaksin, you and your fellow Suthophobes are doing the devil's work in ensuring public outrage like this occurs again & again. It's really not all about Suthep; a classic case of missing the forest for a few "loud" trees... Edited by hawker9000