Thai Police launches campaign reducing road accidents

webfact

BANGKOK, 17 December 2013 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Police has launched a campaign to discourage drunk driving in hopes of reducing road accidents. An RTP spokesman went on to explain their policy.

"Public executions are the only way to end this horrific scourge of senseless deaths on our roadways so a get tough policy has been mandated. We've issued a shoot on site order to all RTP for all of those committing traffic violations.

Our policy is designed to be in the best interests of this country. Kill as many bad drivers as we can to insure safety for the rest."

Seems like too much effort for the Thai Police, why not just stop policing altogether and let the problem solve itself?

There has to be some loss of face going on to be #3 in the world for road deaths, especially when your neighbors are not. This is a Thai problem, and it's not going to be fixed anytime soon.

Giving out fines for no helmets does not fix the problem. Fining drunk drivers and turning them loose the next day does not fix the problem.

What a load of old <deleted>. I arrived at my Hotel in Bangkok about noon one day about four years ago and sitting outside in full uniform were four BIB with three motorcycles outside all bevvying and surrounded by about a dozen large Leo bottles. As I had lunch they all got up and rode of on the bikes. Try getting their own house in order before all this bullshit.