Christmas Dinner at The Pun Pun

ThePunPun

Here at The Pun Pun we will be having our Christmas Dinner as we do every year.

While we recognize that Christmas is a family time, a time of getting together with those who are close to your heart, ....and we do welcome those folks, we must also ackknowledge that there are those who are alone or have no close others in our community. While Christmas is and should be a joyous, happy time, some of these singles or smaller groups may not want to attend a Christmas Dinner at a big crowded, expensive hotel or large restaurant surrounded by large groups of festive people.

If you may feel like this, we are happy to invite you to join us in The Pun Pun Family Christmas Dinner. We will be having our Christmas Dinner, main course of turkey or ham, both with all the fixins , reasonably priced for a Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day.

I see and hear of some very expensive spreads at some of the other places , but just maybe that is not for everyone. Just would like to offer you a quieter and maybe better priced alternative. Believe me, no one goes away from a Pun Pun dinner feeling hungry.

The Pun Pun Christmas Dinner 595 Baht per person

If anyone would have interest in this, please get in touch with me by PM or other means so we can book a reservation.

In any event, we at The Pun Pun wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

For The Pun Pun

John & Pranee

If you would like additional information, please contact us

The Pun Pun

Guesthouse & Restaurant

321 Charoenrat Rd [on the river]

Chiang Mai

Tel 08-0491-8484

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

The Christmas Day dinner menu for The Pun Pun.

At The Pun Pun we will be offering two main course dinners, being a roast turkey dinner or a ham steak dinner.

One thing to keep in mind regarding the meals at The Pun Pun. That is that it is a meal for people who like to eat good , flavorful, and plentiful food that is what they want to eat. We don't serve it because its calorie conscious or looks good in a photo, or is balanced based on what a nutritionist said you should eat, or even like that doesn't go with that type of comment.

If our guests like some of our food, and would like to eat it , we try and please them and make them happy. So if something looks like its out of place, don't LOOK at it ,,,,, EAT it, if its what you want.

Having said all of that, here is our Dinner Menu for the Christmas Meal

The Turkey Dinner

Pun Pun's own Wonton Turkey Soup

Mixed Tossed Salad with our own dressing

Roast Turkey

[both white and dark meat]

Wet and Dry Stuffing

A Pun Pun Fireball

Mashed Potatos w/ Gravey

Corn on the Cob

Candied Yams

Desert

Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream

[choice of Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Strawberry, or Sweet Potato|

Beverage

Coffee, Tea, Soft Drink, Milk or Orange Juice

Select beer available at a reasonable price

=============================================================

The BBQ'd Baked Hamsteak Dinner

Pun Pun's own Wonton Turkey Soup

Mixed Tossed Salad with our own dressing

Slice BBQ'd/Baked Hamsteak

Pun Pun's own Potato Salad

Corn on the Cob

Candied Yams

and because it was asked for A Pun Pun Fireball

Desert

Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream

[choice of Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Strawberry, or Sweet Potato]

Beverage

Coffee, Tea, Soft Drink, Milk or Orange Juice

Select beer available at a reasonable price

Those who may be interested should know that we are again having 3 seating times.

12:00 Noon - 14:30

15:00 - 17:30

18:00 - 20:30

Hope you can join us.

The Pun Pun

John & Pranee

Edited by ThePunPun

Well that sounds fabulous John.

We have our own customers "needs" to service at this time otherwise...like a shot.

I hope you get plenty of bookings over the next few days.

And tell it how it is, perfect no need to dress it up into poncie puff food.

You want stuffing on xmas day ?,

Don't miss the opportunity, its ONCE a year.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

Thanks for the kind words guys, and here is wishing an early Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all fellow TV'ers. May you have a very safe and very enjoyable holiday period. ..... and Harry , we did have to reinforce the under pinning foundation on our front gate rail. For real..

An early Best of Holidays to all

The Pun Pun

John & Pranee

Thanks to John and Pranee for an excellent Christmas dinner. From the turkey won ton soup through to the apple pie with ice cream, it was all delicious and enough to feed a small village. It is on my calendar for next year as well.

David

• Like 1

Went to the Pun Pun yesterday for the first time. Parking can be a bit of a problem if you have anything bigger than a motorcycle facepalm.gif but that aside the hospitality and food were top notch, John is a bit of a character and very easy going. A warm welcome was extended as we arrived and not the normal throw away lines you sometimes encounter at more expensive establishments.

Servings are very generous and as John has said, you will not leave feeling hungry. We opted for the baked ham steak meal and boy I was we did . I even asked John where he gets the ham from as it was very good, not the normal mass produced pressed rubbish that comes out of a can. Maybe it is a trade secret as he wasnt forthcoming with an answer! rolleyes.gif

Will I return to the Pun Pun? You betcha....definitely value for money, good food (And lots of it) great hosts and in a quiet location.... virtually next to the Embassy House Condo complex.

Many thanks to John for a great Christmas lunch, sure beats cooking at home on such a big day. wai2.gif

• Like 1