Child killer 'Nui' admits to three murders but Thai authorities fear many more

webfact

Police seek to find other young victims
Phathinya Iamtan,
Khanathit Srihirundaj
The Nation

30222357-01_big.jpg?1387324580663

Child killer admits to three murders but authorities fear many more

BANGKOK: -- POLICE ARE in the process of identifying all the young victims of a confessed serial rapist and killer.

The 36-year-old man, known only as Nui, has confessed that he raped and murdered two girls between December 6 and 9. One was killed in Bangkok, and the other in Prachin Buri.

The two were in addition to three young victims he sexually abused in Loei some time ago, according to his confession. He also killed one of those three.

But police fear the list of his victims may be much longer.

30222357-03_big.jpg

"We are trying to find out if he has committed more crimes in other areas, especially in areas his employer - a mor lam band - has staged performances," Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank said.

Since Nui joined the band on November 18 last year, it had travelled to 28 areas for a show.

On December 6, the popular mor lam (traditional Isaan music) band performed in Bang Na in Bangkok, where Nui said he spotted a girl alone in a car park. According to his confession, he lured her to a secluded spot, strangled and raped her.

That victim was quickly reported as missing by her parents.

The girl had gone to the concert with her father. Noticing that his daughter fell asleep during the show, he let her sleep in his friend's pickup truck while he went back to see the concert. Then things went terribly wrong.

Nui yesterday asked the girl's parents for forgiveness.

"I now repent. I committed the crime because I was drunk. Please forgive me," he said and then prostrated himself before the couple.

Police often stage sessions like this where a perpetrator seeks forgiveness for such crimes. But in this case the parents refused to forgive him.

"What is your heart made of? Why didn't you have some sympathy for the girl?" one parent hit back.

When Nui re-enacted his crime in Bang Na yesterday, a number of people turned out to curse him. Some also hit him. But police stood firm and managed to prevent him from being lynched.

Deputy Metropolitan Police Commissioner Maj General Thitiraj Nonghanpitak said Nui attacked his victims without mercy probably because he felt unloved. "He's an orphan," he said.

The Mirror Foundation, which tries to help missing children, said it was necessary to set up a police unit to quickly handle requests for recordings from security cameras at some spots. "If we act fast, we will be able to rescue children faster," the foundation's secretary general Ekalak Lhumchomkhae said yesterday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-18

Another BIB circus. Not in the least professional.

Agree.

The BiB and Thailand might want to think about setting up an effective and professional agency to deal with the problem of child disappearance in Thailand rather than engaging in these inane, self-promoting circuses.

Clearly, it doesn't already exist.

'The Mirror Foundation, which tries to help missing children, said it was necessary to set up a police unit to quickly handle requests for recordings from security cameras at some spots. "If we act fast, we will be able to rescue children faster," the foundation's secretary general Ekalak Lhumchomkhae said yesterday.'

Edited by arthurboy

Who cares, if it gives people the chance to let some anger out on this guy then good

Great, lynch mob mentality. The ' rule of law ' here is bad enough as it is.

Its a curious dichotomy, on the one hand we want to express our anger towards child molesters and on hand they should face the law.

In the UK the government spends over a million pounds each on keeping the Moors murders locked up. They are famous child murders from the 60's.

Persoannly I think I few regular good kickings should be dished out. Just as long as they get to be alive and uncomfortable for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors_murders

Apparently one of them is now dead.

• Like 2

Who cares, if it gives people the chance to let some anger out on this guy then good

Its a curious dichotomy, on the one hand we want to express our anger towards child molesters and on hand they should face the law.

In the UK the government spends over a million pounds each on keeping the Moors murders locked up. They are famous child murders from the 60's.

Persoannly I think I few regular good kickings should be dished out. Just as long as they get to be alive and uncomfortable for a very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors_murders

Apparently one of them is now dead.

Myra Hindley is dead I think and Ian Brady hints now and then he has more secrets. Some bodies never discovered,

Lynching is the least this guy deserves, in circumstances like this to me it is acceptable

and when the BIB stitch up the wrong person ?

• Like 1

I've no sympathy for the man at all and I agree with the feelings of many of the posters here that he should be put down like a rabid dog. However, the rule of law must upheld and he should have his day in court. To do less and ignore the law would put us in the same category as the corrupt politicians, police and privileged who consider themselves above the law.

The law has to apply to everyone equally or there is no equality for anyone.

• Like 1

I've no sympathy for the man at all and I agree with the feelings of many of the posters here that he should be put down like a rabid dog. However, the rule of law must upheld and he should have his day in court. To do less and ignore the law would put us in the same category as the corrupt politicians, police and privileged who consider themselves above the law.

The law has to apply to everyone equally or there is no equality for anyone.

Wholly agree with your sentiments .....and thankfully he does not appear to have the necessary status or funds to avoid/delay his due sentencing.

But police stood firm and managed to prevent him from being lynched.

Sorry, but the only punishiment for ANY Child Killer is a good kicking by the general public. This story has got to be one of the worst I have read since living here. This guy is EVIL, pure <deleted> evil!!

Sniper rifle and a good vantage point is what was needed for this specimen. Only a tiny target but I notice the crotch is not covered in Kevlar, I know where I would wish to aim. If I were a copper on duty with this beast, he could be fully assured I would do my utmost to be looking the other way at all times.

If he has confessed .......without duress.......to the parents then I say, "let the parents have him."

That is what I would want if he did it to my children.

I would put him in a similar position to what he put them and then show him the same mercy that he showed them. God forgive me.

He has admitted it to both the Police and the parents

Doesn't necessarily make it true. Let's see some forensic evidence. Shouldn't be difficult to produce right. This guy hardly strikes as being a criminal mastermind.

Wasn't there a used condom found in a close proximity to the remains (which was a bit odd, to think he would bother with a condom)? I find it truly amazing the way every conviction has to have been manufactured by someone in some TVisa readers eyes. Admittedly the average copper in Thailand is good for little more than eating som tam and collecting helmet fines, but its not the average copper they put on cases such as these. The Thai police force does actually have a half decent, fairly well trained section or two to it.

Doesn't necessarily make it true. Let's see some forensic evidence. Shouldn't be difficult to produce right. This guy hardly strikes as being a criminal mastermind.

Wasn't there a used condom found in a close proximity to the remains (which was a bit odd, to think he would bother with a condom)? I find it truly amazing the way every conviction has to have been manufactured by someone in some TVisa readers eyes. Admittedly the average copper in Thailand is good for little more than eating som tam and collecting helmet fines, but its not the average copper they put on cases such as these. The Thai police force does actually have a half decent, fairly well trained section or two to it.

Conviction? Who has been convicted?

I'm not particularly having a go at the police here, and if they have the right man I applaud them for acting as quickly as they did. All I'm doing is advocating that his confession be used to back up damming physical and forensic evidence, rather than be used as the primary source, which seems to be the case so far.

Conviction? Who has been convicted?

I'm not particularly having a go at the police here, and if they have the right man I applaud them for acting as quickly as they did. All I'm doing is advocating that his confession be used to back up damming physical and forensic evidence, rather than be used as the primary source, which seems to be the case so far.

The conviction part was referring to other cases where conspiracy is yelled oh so often, not this case as of course he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. I'm sure they won't just have taken him at his word, hence me comment about the Thai police not all being fine collectors.

Ok Columbo we will await the forensics then

No you're right he is not a criminal mastermind he is just pure evil scum

I would kidnap him and take deep into the forest, string him upside down, give him a good battering with a baseball bat....... all over his body and specifically his nuts.
Then poor honey,sugar over his nuts and body for nature to start eating him slowly. "Justice from courts are to good" for pedophiles like him. Give me a call if you know of a pedophile living near you and I'll give them the treatment they all deserve.

Ok Columbo we will await the forensics then

No you're right he is not a criminal mastermind he is just pure evil scum

Who's waiting Sherlock? Not you.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What an utter waste of lives including his own. Thailand has almost no safety net for people like this derange d perpetrator.

The United States of America has the same problem and the same attitude. Every year in the USA thousands of people from children, young adults and elderly people disappear never to be found again. It is the same in Europe and no doubt in other countries too.

The damaged people that commit these terrible offenses need to be identified in the community when the are young in order for society to try and instill respect in themselves and the to encourage them to respect other people and the Law. If they cannot be reformed they must be detained for the rest of their lives so that we and our children may thrive in safety.