Cashing International Money Orders In Thailand

This question seems to always comes up, but nowhere as of yet is to be found an answer.

Has anybody ever cashed an International Money Order issued from either the US Post Office, Money Gram, or Western Union. NOTE : Not a money transfer, but a MONEY ORDER

According to Thailand Post Office's main sight, they have the ability to send international money orders via 1. Postal Money Order (to 25 unmentioned countries) and 2. Telegraph Money order (to 6 unnamed countries)

My assumption is that USA is definately one of the countries that one would be able to send money via Thailand post as US Postal service is Thailand's big brother / model if I'm not mistaken. This is all fine and dandy if I wanted to send a money order to someone overseas, but the website says nothing about recieving and cashing money orders sent from foreign post office (US post office). let alone the fees involved.

Can the Thailand Post Office cash an international money order? If so, what is their cut/percentage?

Can domestic banks in Thailand cash international money orders (if so from which origins? i.e. US post office, US Banks, and/or Western union/money gram??) and which branches here?

PS, I have a savings account with Bangkok Bank and fixed deposit with Siam Commercial Bank.

It must be possible somehow to cash an international money order in Thailand...any experience and leads are urgently requested.

I tried suggesting several potential senders to use Paysbuy to send into my account (as they only get a 3 percent cut) but they have all had problems sending money using their US Visa cards with the system cause they were hassled with 1800 confirmation numbers and the such...so one of my friends would prefer to send an international money order as it is more convenient / less hassle for her. I have not yet recieved any international payments via Paysbuy because problems/hassles for the senders side :o

No need to suggest information re: wire / Swift methods unless you can absolutely confirm it is more cheaper than an international money order...

Any help about the Intl. Money orders...please...I'm in dire need to finally get paid... :D

According to this page on Thailand's Pay at Post fees

It costs 20 baht for transferring Post Money Orders to Bank Accounts

20 baht fees

Service fees for transferring postal money orders to bank accounts

So it must definately be possible to recieve money via US postal money order...Someone please confirm this...In the meantime, I'm writing an email to Thailand post to ask...

Western union money orders received in Thailand must be deposited into a Thai bank account and wait about 6 weeks before you can draw on it. W.U. Money transfere are instant.

Cheers Tony. :o

Thanks a lot. What are Western Union Money order fees to every dollar? I know the transfers are very high, I think 30 dollars to every hundred if I'm not mistaken (30 percent) I assume a money order is much less????

Western union money orders received in Thailand must be deposited into a Thai bank account and wait about 6 weeks before you can draw on it. W.U. Money transfere are instant.

Cheers Tony. :o

Thanks a lot. What are Western Union Money order fees to every dollar? I know the transfers are very high, I think 30 dollars to every hundred if I'm not mistaken (30 percent) I assume a money order is much less????

If this is going to be an ongoing thing the best way to do it would be with iKOBO. All info is on their site.

The only thing I know about WU is they are very expensive. I think iKOBO charge about 4%.

Cheers Tony.

http://www.ikobo.com