New Year Pattaya

living in Patts

Pushing the boat out? Is that an expression because you are also asking about Hotels too so don't quite get what your plan is? You want to experience new years from your boat to see all the fireworks etc or you want a good hotel for the same reason?

New years is a pretty big issue here in Pattaya and although I hate to stay home, I also hate to go out. Walking st after the show at Balihi pier is always non-walkable but depending on ones age etc could be fun.

Fireworks all over Pattaya on the beach. If you plan on getting an ocean view room for this I hope you have booked already or you will be SOL.

Quite right didn't make myself clear. I actually live in Pattaya and at New Year all the big hotels put on special events but they can be quite pricey. The hilton with free flowing wine and beer will be about 24k baht for me and the missus which is a lot especially if it's a dud night. Any previous experiences of these events is welcome.

Wow that is expensive for 1 night. Why not get yourself a case of wine & have your dinner catered to you & your lady on the beach & take a cab back to the homestead. Sounds more romantic than any hotel. Thats 1/2 of a motor scooter & the beach probably would be way more fun.

• Like 2

Wow that is expensive for 1 night. Why not get yourself a case of wine & have your dinner catered to you & your lady on the beach & take a cab back to the homestead. Sounds more romantic than any hotel. Thats 1/2 of a motor scooter & the beach probably would be way mo

Great idea however the cab might be difficult unless you book one but also a cab raises their rates 10 fold on new years. Even motorbike taxis are less on this time however are the best way to get around.

I am hoping to just have a quiet one at a buddies fishing park side bar playing some tunes with some friends and actually waking up the next day as apposed to 2 or 3 days later :)

Quite right didn't make myself clear. I actually live in Pattaya and at New Year all the big hotels put on special events but they can be quite pricey. The hilton with free flowing wine and beer will be about 24k baht for me and the missus which is a lot especially if it's a dud night. Any previous experiences of these events is welcome.

Does the ฿24 k include a room and breakfast ? if so and it's good quality food & alcohol and the entertainment is top notch I don't think it's that expense as a once a year treat .

I know people who blow more than that on a normal night out in Pattaya ..."Fools and there money"

this looks like a good deal

Yes but it ends at 11?

Where actually is it as I cannot decipher the location - bit if a blurry picture and my eyes are <deleted> ;-)

Acorn pub ( old shenanigans ) avenue shopping centre

I expect it ends at 11 as most people are out on the streets enjoying the fireworks at midnight.

I know I will be...

Wow that is expensive for 1 night. Why not get yourself a case of wine & have your dinner catered to you & your lady on the beach & take a cab back to the homestead. Sounds more romantic than any hotel. Thats 1/2 of a motor scooter & the beach probably would be way mo

Great idea however the cab might be difficult unless you book one but also a cab raises their rates 10 fold on new years. Even motorbike taxis are less on this time however are the best way to get around.

I am hoping to just have a quiet one at a buddies fishing park side bar playing some tunes with some friends and actually waking up the next day as apposed to 2 or 3 days later smile.png

You know now that I think about it - It would be tough to get a cab for sure if you are either at the beach or Bali Hai pier. but once you are out of the gauntlet you can get out easier. . 24,000 baht buys close to a full Aprovic exhaust system or an Ohlins rear shock for my Kawasaki Ouch! Or 1/2 the airfare to the U.S RT Just sayin! I'm always up for a good time but a lobster is only 1500-2000 baht & wine while it is expensive better be a Rothchilds 59 for that price Even Dom you can get a lot of bottles & you can be sure it is better than the Mums or similar they are serving.And have the Lobster dinner of your dreams (or Whatever you fancy right down walking street or Bali Hai restaurants.) Better make reservations now if one was to go on New years. I usually hang out at home & have a nice dinner with my gal & watch the fireworks that Nong Nooch Gardens throw down every year. It is easier to get around here & we can sit outside our new house & have an unfettered view of the fireworks. That way we can get toasted & still crawl back to the patio & not deal with the traffic. Pattaya is fun though!

Pushing the boat out? Is that an expression because you are also asking about Hotels too so don't quite get what your plan is? You want to experience new years from your boat to see all the fireworks etc or you want a good hotel for the same reason?

New years is a pretty big issue here in Pattaya and although I hate to stay home, I also hate to go out. Walking st after the show at Balihi pier is always non-walkable but depending on ones age etc could be fun.

Fireworks all over Pattaya on the beach. If you plan on getting an ocean view room for this I hope you have booked already or you will be SOL.

Hahahahahah...you have never heard of the expression 'pushing the boat out'? You actually thought he was talking about taking an actual boat out? Hahahahahhah.

Pure gold that is.

• Like 1